Reasons not to attack Vichy?

Yorick

I'm told America may enter the war earlier but it's hard to test in the demo. I get a message that "America is preparing for war" if I invade GB but there's no such message when Vichy falls and it's worth a lot of RP. Taking Algiers also gets a German army in North Africa that can swing around and attack Suez. This might be a good alternative to Sealion. Any thoughts?

Yorick

Hi,

I played the demo many times over trying different things. First conquering France, then invading Vichy France and Spain inlcuding Gibraltar.

In another game, after capturing France, I invaded Britian, but I didn't capture London in time. Game ended.

Another game, after capturing Paris in July, I invaded Sweeden and Spain at the same time, with small forces. During this time I was also preparing new formations for the invasion of Russia. So after capturing Spaina and Sweeden, my MPP every turn were about 400 something. So I had a lot of units facing Russia, inlcuding 2 Italian armies, 1 italian tank group with an HQ and also Romanian and Hungarian units. i captured riga, Minsk and incircled Kiev and Odessa. The demo ended when I was about to drive onto Lenningrad.

Has anyone seen America enter the war early?

If so, what was the trigger for it?

I assumed the "America is preparing for war" message was just a timer warning that the demo was about to end.

With my first game as Germany I tried invading the Balkans for money and just holding the line against France. My lesson: Don't make neutral enemies...

I had USA and Russia attack me at once. I basicly conquored France, vichy France, spain, gibraltar, Sweeden, and England. So all this I guess prompted the USSR and USA to declare war on me. It was a sight to see. The russians invaded right away, I only had 3 corps to oppose the red tide. Hahah, you should of seen it, in 3 turn, the Russians were at the gates of Berlin. The demo ended though before it's capture.

Seems that if one forgoes invading Spain or the Balkins that Russia will stay put through barbarossa. I am taking Vichy, Sweden, and Alexandria.

I think it's the Russians that make Sealion useless in a real game. Grabbing GB isn't going to help stop the Red tide before they reach Berlin. At least, I don't think so.

Yorick

Well in both my games as the Axis I had planned to invade Sweden with german troops and take Yugoslavia and Greece with italian troops and then invade Russia. However I was unable to get enough italians in place before the game ended to take both Greece and Yugoslavia. When it came to Sweden I just moved much slower than I really needed to. I was hoping Yugoslavia and Greece would be enough to make Italy selfsuficient and with the addition and all of her resources, save those going to the air defense of France, Germany and her Minor Axis allies would be able to tackle the Russian Bear. I'm thinking of trying it again. However I may not redownload the demo again. I've already made up my mind to buy the game assuming they enlarge the map a bit, a mac version is released or I can get it to work with Virtual PC, and the price is no more the $40 not including shipping and handling. Cya, bye!

In one of my early games I invaded England. When I took London US prepared for war and they declared war shortly afterwards. Their transporters arrived at the shore just in time to witness England surrender and they went home fast after that. Unfortunately used too much units (they were useless anyway since England got crowded) and Russia declared war and attacked my empty front before the game ended...

Originally posted by Achiles:

Well in both my games as the Axis I had planned to invade Sweden with german troops and take Yugoslavia and Greece with italian troops and then invade Russia. However I was unable to get enough italians in place before the game ended to take both Greece and Yugoslavia. When it came to Sweden I just moved much slower than I really needed to. I was hoping Yugoslavia and Greece would be enough to make Italy selfsuficient and with the addition and all of her resources, save those going to the air defense of France, Germany and her Minor Axis allies would be able to tackle the Russian Bear. I'm thinking of trying it again. However I may not redownload the demo again. I've already made up my mind to buy the game assuming they enlarge the map a bit, a mac version is released or I can get it to work with Virtual PC, and the price is no more the $40 not including shipping and handling. Cya, bye!

Achiles,

The map cannot be enlarged. A better explanation can be found here.

There is a slight chance that a Mac version will be made, but this will give you the specific answer.

The game will cost $25.

Originally posted by misery:

Good Morning Everyone.

Does anyone know if stacking a large army on the Russian border will "agitate" them into declaring war earlier?

After playing the demo I'm definitely buying this game!

Collin

Misery,

You can't agitate the Soviets with too many troops, but you can lure them with too few.