To Rambo, and this community (lock it soon)

BriantheWise

FWIW, I'm reposting Hubert's reply from last week while he's off enjoying himself someplace. Hopefully the holiday spirit will prevail and some of this immature behaviour will cease. Rambo and others are of course free to say and do whatever they like, but we need not play their game. Like some WWF wrestlers high on their own egos, they will continue to provide cheap entertainment for foolish fans. As long as players respond to all the smack-talk crap, it will keep coming. The choice is yours. My hope is that this forum will eventually rise above the 3rd grade playground level and provide a venue for serious discussions. If not, there is a Battlefront section on The Wargamer forum where the adults can go to get away from this.

quote:

Originally posted by Bill Macon:

For lack of vigilant moderators, this forum tends to drift off-course like some bad scene in "Lord of the Flies." That's unsatisfactory. I don't care for it. I for one will stand up like an adult and say something point blank to people like Rambo and tell them to knock it off. I usually end up with another handful of mud slung at my head and notice that not many other adults are standing up with me, but no matter. I've stood on the frontiers of freedom before to defend our values if even other people won't, because that's the kind of guy I am. Infantry officers are like that, and I are one.

I encourage everyone to help make OUR forum a decent place to discuss Strategic Command topics.

------------------------------

Well said Bill, for those of you not in the know, I am the SC designer and developer as well as one of the forum moderators. The job of forum moderator is not one that I really enjoy or truly want, but c'est la vie and of course it comes with the territory. I usually hope that things sort themselves out and only step in when I feel it is absolutely necessary, playing the role of forum cop does take away time from better things like enjoying my holidays, thinking about SC2 and programming/development in general so this may be something for everyone to keep in mind as well.

These are your forums, enjoy them, treat them and each other with respect and let's get back to the game and it's related material. I think everyone has had their bit of fun, and for the most part the self moderation has served itself well, but I do strongly agree that the time has come to clean things up a bit.

Thanks for your time,

Hubert

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by BriantheWise:

I started reading this thread that I created (it's alive! it's alive!), intending to apologize for spamming up the forum. Then, as I read it, I almost forgot what the thread was about. But I did notice it was spirited for and against. Something or other. I think that is why moon hasn't locked it up and moved it to netherworld: Because he doesn't really know if this has to do with game or not.

You are correct. My finger was hovering over the lock button a few times as I saw this thread develop. But we don't do thought control here. Just trying to keep thigs civilized. It's comments like the one "Les" made which might get this (or other) threads locked up. "Rambo" has been walking on a thin rope for a while now, but has kept his balance - so far...

Martin

Bill Macon --- I was going let this thread go...until I saw your post, Bill, and it must be addressed.

quote:

Originally posted by Bill Macon:

1) Don't go back & "quote" yourself! What's with that? I'd rather hang out with my WWF buddies, drink some MGD, & get the pay-per-view of "Rumble-In-The-Jungle" than hang out with a guy who quotes himself. You actually went back to find something you said on an internet Forum? That is so weak. It's like Bob Dole calling himself Bob Dole. I'm know English grammar person, your calling yourself (quoting) in the 1st person (or is it 3rd? somebody help on this). I cannot believe you went back in the Forum to quote yourself. Unbelievable!

My hope is that this forum will eventually rise above the 3rd grade playground level and provide a venue for serious discussions.
2) Serious discussions? What do you want to talk about? Moving a tank? What Patton's shoe-size was? This is a game, not cancer research. What do you think all the smack is about? It's about playing the game. I just happen to be the best. How about we have a serious game!

3) And finally, Bill, for the Love of God & all things Holy. Please quit kissing up to the Moderators. Or at least don't make it soooo obvious.

And what am I doing all the time? I'm playing the game! I've played over 30+ people now, I win, & post on the Forum. Look at the new volume of competition that has perked up because of some gamey talk. Goto the Opponent Finder English & see all the new SC-players! Everybody was to compete & win. Quit the editorial page writing & get some game.

Hey, if somebody would beat me, I would shut my hole. Waltero & I have been playing for 3-days straight, including 18-hours non-stop. He was closing in on Berlin in '42.

Play the Legend, & you'll know what all the hype is about.

Rambo ---- "This Mission is over Johnny"

Hey Rambo, go pound sand. What the heck is the matter with you? Found somebody like me that can talk more smack than you can? You don't like it? You can dish it out but can't take it? You got your feelings hurt or something? Grow up! No sooner did I say something more on this stupid subject than you jump up and throw another handful of mud. You are more predictable than the AI, but with considerably less personality. :rolleyes:

Ok, I think its time eveybody stops cutting up on Rambo. Yes, when I first saw his posts I thought he was a complete asshole (just read some of my posts from last week). But you have to admit, he keeps up the compitation around here, hes the guy everyone wants to beat and to tell you the truth...he keeps things intresting.

PS: Rambo...if someone ever does beat you, will you admit it?

[ December 29, 2002, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

Rambo provides entertainment.

He enjoys the attention and aggravating people.

It´s an act, like he said.

The act to make himself the "bad guy" like in Wrestling, the one everyone wants to see beat.

The things he has said, can not be taken seriously.

It´s like that "Ali G." show. Where the fun is in the people taking Ali for real and getting aggravated.

But I have to say that this masquerade was a bit too low a trick, and I failed to see the point, as Brian was ready to play Rambo outside the tournament.....