MPP values?

gredeker

Question - What is the value of each country in MPP? That is, how much does a conquering nation get added to its own MPP, apart from the one-time pillaging bonus? Is it simply the combined MPP value of all cities/ports/mines? Or is it calculated some other way? And does anyone have a quick crib list of the values for each country and/or region (e.g., Egypt)?

I guess that was more than one question... smile.gif

Originally posted by redeker:

Question - What is the value of each country in MPP? That is, how much does a conquering nation get added to its own MPP, apart from the one-time pillaging bonus? Is it simply the combined MPP value of all cities/ports/mines? Or is it calculated some other way? And does anyone have a quick crib list of the values for each country and/or region (e.g., Egypt)?

Redeker,

Each occupied strategic resource is worth 80% of its value if a land-route can be traced to the occupiers' capital. If a land-rout cannot be traced, the value is 50%.

So, SuperTed, you're saying that the mine in Norway, listed at 5 on the map is worth 2.5 MPP to the Germans? That because a land route can't be traced, it gets the 50% treatment? Rounded up or down?

Or it is already figured in, and the 5 points is the value? Can these values ever be increased?

Originally posted by R_Leete:

So, SuperTed, you're saying that the mine in Norway, listed at 5 on the map is worth 2.5 MPP to the Germans? That because a land route can't be traced, it gets the 50% treatment? Rounded up or down?

Or it is already figured in, and the 5 points is the value? Can these values ever be increased?

RL,

5 MPPs already accounts for this. You'll notice the Ruhr mine is worth 10 MPPs and the French Fry mine is worth 8 MPPs (to the Germans).

No, they cannot be increased.

Originally posted by SuperTed:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by redeker:

Redeker,

Each occupied strategic resource is worth 80% of its value if a land-route can be traced to the occupiers' capital. If a land-rout cannot be traced, the value is 50%.</font>

Originally posted by SuperTed:

RL,

5 MPPs already accounts for this. You'll notice the Ruhr mine is worth 10 MPPs and the French Fry mine is worth 8 MPPs (to the Germans).

Actually in the demo the Ruhr mine only goes up to 8, despite the fact that it is part of Germany and connected by land. As far as I know this seems to be the only exception to the rule, is it a bug?

Originally posted by redeker:

Can the land route be through another nation on the same side? For example, Albania starts off as 5 MPP for the Italians; would it go up to 8 only if the Italians conquer Yugoslavia, or will it still go up to 8 if the Germans conquer Yugoslavia?[/QB]

Redeker,

Actually, if Yugoslavia is conquered by any Axis nation, the Albanian city and port both increase to 10! Albania is not an occupied territory according to SC. It is treated as part of Italy (don't tell the Albanians).

Also, Yugoslavia doesn't need to be conquered. Once Bulgaria and Romania join the Axis, a land route can run through Greece instead.

Originally posted by R_Leete:

Hey, I'm closer, and have a fully stocked bar and fridge. And I have two computers connected, so we can play without having to hotseat. What more do you need?

RL,

Good points all around. :D

I suppose we could just split the difference and meet at Hubert's house. It's about halfway between us, if we fly. smile.gif