An Observation

SuperTed

... I think they got one (at least I seem to remember to have read something a week ago or so)...

Anyway, can´t wait for the next installment of yours. smile.gif

Straha (... going to bed now...)

[ May 04, 2002, 04:21 AM: Message edited by: Straha ]

yea i looked at that game,but it didnt have that instant appeal so i didnt even bother to download the demo.Maybe doing a bbit of prejudging but Arnhem and those kinda graphics just dont grab me

How could you have an airbourne assault with a "Corp"?

Its a Stategic game not Tactical. I guess we have to view the entire game with abstaction. The D-Day type assault would include airborne, but you specifically cannot (Tactically) call for it.

Originally posted by Immer Etwas:

SuperTed -- are the tanks clanking through the Ardennes yet?

I am anxious to see how the static defense line works -- in Poland you were able to maneuver around the few units -- here, you'll need a breakthrough.

(or, a lot of luck smile.gif )

IE,

Soon they will be. In the meantime, I'll be done with my northern excursion AAR soon.

>>> How could you have an airbourne assault with a "Corp"?

How?? US 18th Airborne Corps somehow managed to sneak in a couple of corps-size assaults for D-Day and Market-Garden. This historical reality is not included in SC yet. Since every other WWII strategic game has managed to include this minor detail of history, it's appropriate to question its absence in SC.

As for the corps-size argument and the tactical/strategic concern, SC has rocket detachments and submarine units which are probably nowhere near the corps scale and their "strategic" employment during 1-week turns is questionable. It's just an abstraction which produces a strategic effect and adds something to the game. Similarly, airborne assaults would have a strategic effect, however minor, and should be included eventually.

I cannot believe the resistance to adding airborne to SC. I'll bet dollars to donuts if it was already included nobody would be asking to take it out.

That other game is "real-time" if I read correctly, so I have no interest. Plus, this game seems to have SO much play value!

I also support Airborne units to eventually make an appearance in SC. I hope it happens in a patch, instead of having to wait a couple of years for SC2, which probably won't run on my PC.

tongue.gif

Originally posted by SuperTed:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BloodyBucket:

SuperTed,

Just reference the Varying Quality thread over to the General forum and see how busy it gets. ;)

BB,

Not a bad idea. Feel free to do that. smile.gif </font>