Battlefront: Projects for late 2004 & 2005 --> Hubert

jon_j_rambo

Hi Battlefront,

Can you believe it's March 2004 & the same crowd is still addicted to your game? I hope you realize this. Even with all the "we need new Atlantic, Suez return route, modification to Air intercepts, etc.", there is a following of players. I realize you're working on SC2, at least what the hints have been posted.

My question: What direction are you going in the future?

I would like to see you make more games, based on similiar combat system of SC. You could crank out more products in a shorter period of time. I would love to see the following line-up:

1) SC2 --- new & improved, released Fall 2004

2) US Civil War --- Summer 2005

3) Squad Leader --- December 2005

Then make yourself more money by spinning off more scenarios, battlefronts, whatever. Redo Squad Leader! Make a REAL US Civil War game. It sickens me how much cash I've burned on sorry ass Civil War games, it's criminal.

Create & leverage a combat system that can be adjusted across games. Make more games easier that are good, make more bank. Sell add-ons, new fronts, etc. You know what I mean. There is a niche for it. I don't know how long you've been in business, but once you get a "base" number of customers, the cash will roll.

That's all these real-time lame-0 games are, the same thing. Make something cool for turn based & reuse it. Battlefront needs a Vintage Chart plan & execute.

I have cash waiting to give to you!

Legend $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ CASH

Paradox Entertainment has produced a system which they use and slightly adjust from game to game. They have alot of eras covered.

I like some stuff about their games but I also like some stuff about SC. I want the battle part and simplified economics and diplomacy.

We'll be making an announcement about SC2 in April. As for the future beyond SC2, that's solely for Hubert to decide, and I doubt that he's got time currently to think much about that. smile.gif

There is a problem however with "spinning of scenarios", add-ons and so on. First of all it's not as easy as some might think, certainly not for a small one-man team. The time you spend on add-ons is missing for development of truly new stuff. Secondly, add-ons never sell as good as the original game, meaning that quickly you can find yourself on the path of chasing behind a shrinking market. The main problem is quite simple - you folks ask for spin-offs and add-ons, but in reality you mean "gimmie more new games quicker faster better"; but that's not add-ons, that's truly new stuff. Which, I might add, is the direction that SC2 is going smile.gif

Martin

Holy Jumping Cow! Moon, :eek:

Three! whole posts in one sitting!

Must've been one of those odd

Early morning hours... when

The shadows :eek: were closing in?

Well, no matter, you have our faithful attention.

SC2 announcement due in April?

Next month?

Only weeks! from now? smile.gif

Now,

That is X-tremely exhilirating news! :cool:

Battlefront --- Looks like Hubert needs to be paid some overtime to crank out some games. If he's the only one working on the hex-strategy games, well, it looks like it's time for a recruiting trip to hire more programers. I've read the book,"The Mythical Manmonth", which means the perfect about of people on a software project is 8 people. I know this isn't affordabe. Hmmm, maybe there's a problem with the Marketing & Sales dude if not enough jack is coming in. Tell the Marketing dude to get off the golf course, quit playing grabass with the women in the office, & put the brew down, we need some games. Then get him to fly down to Arkansas & cut a deal with Walmart. Then you have Circuit City, Best Buy, & Costco.

"Chop-Chop"

Walmart is KING, no doubt about that.

1) Largest Market Cap Stock in the World.

2) Richest Family in the world, #6 thru #10 on the ten richest list are Walton's kids. Add a couple of them up & that's more than Bill Gates.

Why Walmart?

1) Price, Why buy the same can of tuna at Albertson's for x3 the price?

2) Big isles, they better have them, the place is packed.

3) Big parking lots, you know you'll get a spot.

4) Items are clearly priced. Most stores have multiple sticker prices to buy a 12-pack of Diet Coke.

5) Pricing is consistent, doesn't change everyday.

6) Best Return policy. I could drink the Diet Coke & they would give me my money back.

7) Fast check out people, chop-chop! Ever been to a Target? It takes those dumb broads a half hour to scan the 20 or less items.

8) Freshness, since Walmart does such large volume, I don't need to check dates on items (even though I do). Go to Fred Meyer's & you'll need a dust rag.

9) Service, there's always a person with a "Blue Smock" able to help. Go dumpster diving at K-Mart, there's like 1-person working there.

Bad things about Walmart:

1) Employees make a dollar an hour.

2) Runs off little family owned stores.

3) Produce sucks. There vegatables are crap.

logo_always.gif

Shaka --- I searched online "For the People", it doesn't look like a computer game.

Hubert --- Here's what you should make, this has a great combat system! Pulse points for fast action, Defending Armies can do reaction rolls to run away, screen with calvary.

12_1_b.JPG

If I were them, I'd edit some old SC screenshots with MS paint and write up a fake announcement, then put it up on April 1st. When everyone is still thinking about it (maybe a day or two later), that is when they release the real announcement.