D/Ling the Gold demo, poor transfer rates?

Rediroc

Am I the only one getting poor transfer rates or fluctuating rates (from under 1.xxkb/sec to 3+kb)?

I can understand if the server is overloaded, but this seems strange. I have tried like 5 times now all with the same results. :(

I download fine, (175 KB/sec), must be your connection, sorry to hear it. :D

Randell, I put my time in too, I played the original Castle Wolfenstein game, the B/W version, (NOT Wolf3D). ;)

[ July 19, 2002, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Otto ]

Yeah, the original Wolfenstein butt. I still remember the only time I escaped; by wearing an SS uniform and not shooting anyone on the last several levels. Towards the end the tension was thick enough to cut with a knife. A real nail biter....

Oh, man, the memories.

Shooting the SS guys in the face in the original Wolfenstein; good on general principle and as well to circumvent the bullet-proof vests...

Kampfgruppe and that bug that allowed you to cheat and change the number of AFVs in your units (and that damned friend of mine invariably creating 99 Jagdtigers)

Crusade in Europe and that cool press conference/briefing screen at the beginning....

And Eastern Front - the joy of finally getting your units all the way to the right edge of the screen.

And here's to all the forthcoming memories we shall create in Strategic Command!

Originally posted by SuperTed:

If you're looking for groggish realism, nothing beats "Tanks" (or something to that effect) on the Intellivision. smile.gif

Ah, those were the days...didn't hear anyone complaining about the AI back then did ya? :D

Originally posted by Wolfpack:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SuperTed:

If you're looking for groggish realism, nothing beats "Tanks" (or something to that effect) on the Intellivision. smile.gif

Ah, those were the days...didn't hear anyone complaining about the AI back then did ya? :D </font>

Originally posted by SuperTed:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wolfpack:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SuperTed:

Ah, those were the days...didn't hear anyone complaining about the AI back then did ya? :D </font>

What a great thread! Oh, the memories.

I know that some folks have complained about the air war in Strategic Command. I'm working on a mod to try to fix it. You start out with groups of three biplanes attacking single bombers... smile.gif

And just in case "Trek" on the Commodore PET 2001 doesn't count, I wrote and played a strategic nuclear wargame on the same machine. All with ASCII characters.

Unless anyone played on a pre-PET homebuilt (ran a 4004 processor, but I don't remember the name just now), I believe that is trump smile.gif