Liam VS Rambo Battle of the Bulge AAR

Liam

Marsellies<sp surrounded soon to fall..

Algiers sees Italian Navy approach, waiting for it to cower, run and hide.

Italian Frogmen nabbing an average of 6 mpps per turn out of eastern med near Port Alexandria

More BEF corps destroyed in Belgium

Southern France is now firmly in Axis Hands. Northern France is still in question along with belgium.

We attacked Algieria. soon hope for that section of the Nation to fall.. Italian special forces have snuck around France disrupting MPP

Late Summer-Fall 1940, things are looking bleak for the Axis despite Gains in Southern France. The Whole Flanking operation including the Italian fleet are met in the South with the British Royal navy heavy armament brought down upon them crushing their puny untrained Guns<lacking modern technology for Radar> Although we barely escape with one of our cruisers and smack one Brit Cruiser...the relatitory strike by the British Navy near decimates the entire Italian fleet, almost destroying the Amphibious landing forces near Algiers Port

We're scurrying for some ground here. Little to be taken. Much to be lost. Monty and his Airforce is smashing Axis Forces

Round the close bombing takes its toll nearly destroying the entire Italian Continental Army, rallying back Luftwaffe pilots launch a counterstrike on Monty's Flying Circus decimating a Fighter unit.

The North stabilizes in a straight line again, things are moving slowly

the South Grinds to a Halt as Fall, Falls in... no gains

November 1940, The Fall of The Third Reich tongue.gif

Axis forces!!! surrender!!! after the Italian Navy reaches forth for the bottom of the Western Med Near Spain. Though the Southern Flank was but a few hexes from Paris, Panzers slow in the mud of the oncoming Winter and feel no need to go further. the Luftwaffe however remains defiant as the Stukas and MEs Kamis the French Army in the Ardenne, hoping for some sort of Victory that they could've possibly written in the history books that their sons and daughters could've read???

Most of the Italian Armies<poorly lead> are destroyed utterly by faster moving, British SAS and French Foreign Legions in Algiers, outside of Marseilles using the Super Marine Spitfire and the Awesome Monty the Third Reich is divided amongst France and Britian and forced to pay Triple that of the Treaty Versallies

The German are a beaten and downtrodden people

The Brits have the Air advantage.

Blashy I'm not a proffessional Ally, but a smart one can if they take LC/Ireland and play their cards right with Exp. French units actually attack

Rambo did the wise thing he focused my attention from LC to Denmark, delaying my invasion plans 3 turns that gave him that essential Plunder for the UK, building almost an equal Airforce to mine. It's a balancing act, in our last game it took me to nearly 1941 to take France from Rambo. Fact is if a player delays you this long, prep for Sea Lion or quit ;) if they're good

This game is about Air Superiority to a large degree. The Allies took it after they could afford an HQ, and reinforced Airfleets. I overextended myself. It's likely in retrospect I would've invaded Greece and Sweden...if that would have helped but then again he hunted down my fleet and obliterated it

Rambo is ranked #2 on Zleague, he's a top notch player. I haven't played Dragon yet but people like him Hombre,Terif, Zapp, etc... you cannot afford to dilly dally your opening as Axis like I did. They'll make you eat it! You gotta get those 3 Minors and break France's butt fast!

[ November 12, 2003, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Liam ]

Blashy --- The "Early game" has certain threshold points of momentum. If the Allies are willing to take major chances, the game will be determined quickly (one way or the other). SC has gotten very competitive, many strategies, & counter-strategies. That's the major staying power of SC: Simple, yet complex.

Originally posted by Liam:

French score a victory and take Ireland, no more free Catholics<The British Scourge must be stopped even Rosevelt thinks so -15percent>

Deep penetration Corps reach into the heart of France probing for weakspots, the Italian Navy approaches the the Gem of the Med, Gibraltar. The only Cruiser left is shelled repeatedly by French Guns, finally her large 15 Inchers ending a legacy

France took Ireland instead of UK???

Liam,

Why you did not attack LC in 2nd round? I see very rarely ppl using their forces for a quick poland campagne.

With a HQ rambo got a 99 % chance to conquer LC and that was more or less already the end of the game.

Hmm he hold once france until mai 1941? I suceeded to get it in August 1940 but anyway...one year later lvl 15 tanks and lvl 15 fighters were on the move to Berlin :eek:

At least you are the only one who has beaten him in the near past. ;)

Hopefully we can play soon, our problem will be the 8 hours time difference....

Cya Dragonheart

Zapp, I was pretty tired that night tongue.gif

Dragon,

He baited me, won't say how..

I'd like to play you, time is always the problem it seems :( people use the Oponent finder so unoften and even less finish games :( I have 2 games pending now