TEMPORARY ZAPPLEAGUE. DO NOT POST HERE ANYMORE.

zappsweden

NOTE: www.myleague.com/zappsweden is not the same as www.myleaguecom/zappleague. The first one is killed so if u signed up on it then pls sign up here until the real league open.

zappleague is NOT here, this is just a temporary place to store sign-up and post results. At the moment www.myleague.com/zappleague is not started. It will be on May 27 due to reasons I cannot affect.

Just post here that you join the zappleague. Also post the result of games. Make sure you post on this list before you start any new ladder games. All ongoing ladder games at the moment are converted to "fun games". ALL LADDER GAMES YOU START AFTER SIGING UP ON THIS LIST WILL COUNT AS ZAPPLEAGUE GAMES. The sign-up here is just for viewing which games have taken place so that all games will be reported in the real league.

Important: All you players that signed up to www.myleague.com/zappsweden have to sign up here instead. the "zappsweden" league is killed and will be replaced by "zappleague". Confusing?

When zappleague starts for real (May 27, 2003) Do the following

1) goto www.myleague.com/zappleague

2) register

3) report the games you have won OR lost(zappleague will use a double posting system) according to the replies here i.e every game played from this point carries over to the zappleague when it starts.

4) The old ladder is closed. Any games that starts from now is for the new zappleague games when u start any NEW ladder games.

5) Zappleague has roughly same rules as the SC World Champion Ladder except you can use any scenario now. Bidding is optional.

[ May 27, 2003, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Sorry Zap, unfortunately the rules at myleague.com are not the same like in our SC ladder. Major problem is that it is created for small games like Backgammon, Chess, Hearts and such games. It is expected to play up to 50 games per day and the rules also take this into account.

So you have to play at least once within 14 !! days or you will loose 5 places in the ladder (top10). Furthermore you have to play constantly at a constant rate or you will be penalized. In SC this is not possible. The games need too much time. You play some games when you have time and then there is a break. In the new ladder you would have a good chance to move down the ladder cause you cant play in one week... since the rankings are done automatically, it is not possible to change this procedure and adapt it to the SC characteristics (or is it ? I didnt see an option for something like this ).

Summary: I dont want to go up and down the ladder like a ping pong ball, only cause I dont have the time to play each week a certain amount of games.

Therefore I dont join the ladder.

My counterproposal is:

I am willing to continue our current ladder at this site (Battlefront).

- I would include more statistics (e.g. Axis/Allies wins/losses, average bids... - all that is not possible at myleague.com)

- new/additional rules can be discussed before reopening the ladder. (e.g. every player has to play against a lower ranked player once a month, or he will loose 5 places -> more chances to move up the ladder, nobody can only play and loose against higher ranked ones and by this way hold his place. Other scenarios than 1939 and house rules possible, if both sides agree)

- the problem with inactive players in the upper ladder ranks will be solved next month. They will loose 30 places, which is already written down in the ´old´ rules. So only active players from this month will remain at the higher ranks.

[ May 20, 2003, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Terif, I have got some very good news smile.gif

The rules are changeable in myleague i.e the administrator can set all those things you mention. The main reason why I did not start a ladder at myleague before were the things you just mentioned (the problem of staying active and the unstability of losing 50% of the rank difference). All those things are just the DEFAULT settings. When I tested creating a league I found out that those rules are settings.

For instance, administrator can set the

1) A top player is up to rank# xxx

2) Days of inactivity before top player drops xxx days

3) Day of inactivity before normal player deleted xxx days

4) Number of times allowed to play against same player in one day xxx times

5) Rank gained when winning xxx % of the difference

6) Minimum time between reporting xxx minutes

7) Highest rank of player to use the challenge system xxx

So, the zappleague will NOT demand that you spend huge amounts of time just to maintain rank. As you say, SC takes LOTS of time so the rules must be set correspondingly. Because of the same reason, I will set the rules for gaining losing ranking pretty low. This league will NOT be like "you lose 10-15 places in one blow if losing to a low ranked opponent. Combined with "hot streak statistics" and "skill level rating" this league will almost have it all.

Another thing is the large amount of functions. You can even put in comments (in the reporting) on a game like we do here on the forum. It is quite fun reading the after game comments. In myleague you can view "todays games" and stuff so the anonymous factor will hopefully be low (as in SC World Champion Ladder). Zappleague will use double reporting option. In that way, you can read both players comments and also make it immediately visible if someone forgets to report i.e if winner reports but loser forgets.

[ May 20, 2003, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

i just wanted to post that i totally agree with terif, ive played sometime ago in myleague but it tool me like 15 minutes to finish a game of pool, SC will take much more im afraid..., so i had already decided not to join.

If the system adm is able to change the settings, as u afirm zapp, i will tehn consider it.

1 tip, it would be good to see somehow SC in the ladder name or something, or at least that SC appear in the list of possible games.

I'm posting my loss here until we get this ladder started.

Comrade Trapp (Allies) loses to Rambo (Axis) bid 150.

Rambo launched a late Sealion and caught me off guard, got real close after his troops got ashore and failed to capture London quickly, while this was happening both the US and the USSR entered the war. England fell and he captured Canada, then moved to invade the US and Russia. When I conceded in May 1942 I was holding my own in the US and Russia but it would have been a matter of time before he would overrun me (he was pulling in around 800 mpps as Germany). It was a good game all in all, I played him to gain experience and ended up learning alot.

[ May 22, 2003, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

Dr. Revenge, M.D. --- We didn't know what was going on with the original "Ladder", so we didn't want to keep using "Ladder". Then it would be old "Ladder", new "Ladder". "Ladder" this, "Ladder" that.

ZappLeague will be joined initially by ICONS & LEGNEDS. I don't think they'll be a mad world wide rush of people who will be confused by ZappLeague.

I will probably call it Z-League for short.

Speaking of names...What is your first name? Jack, for Jack Kovorian? Dr. Death?

My name is Jon J. Rambo,

Rambo-Hollywood >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OUT

I have to say that there was no luck for either side in my games with Rambo. Sometimes he was lucky - especially in the middle of our last game - sometimes it was me. In average no luck for someone.

Especially in tech I cant understand why he is saying I had a lot of luck. He was more advanced than me nearly the whole game - with him Axis - and UK had more time for research and probably more chits in Jets and LR.

But Rambo you need to learn from your games against me: never operate your air out of Russia, so that UK can kill them one after the other in France. I didnt need luck to kill them, only 3 carriers and 3 airfleets ;) .

[ May 24, 2003, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Terif ]