General Discussion Forum...How about using it?

J Wagner

I don't mean to offend anyone, but there are simply too many non SC topics popping up here lately...that is what the General Discussion Board is for, so how about we all start using it....I make this an issue for a very simple reason, valid SC topics are quickly being pushed off the front page and buried because of the influx of these non SC topics..if I want to know people's favorite movies, games, shoe size ect, I'll troll along the GD forum...I have been guilty of responding to these topics here on the SC board so I'm a contributor to the problem therefore this will be my last non SC post on this board..I hope others follow suit...thank you for your attention to this matter...flame away if you feel the need!

[ November 15, 2002, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: J Wagner ]

While we're talking about "cleaning up" forums:

It would be nice if people would get rid of those long stupid 'signatures' at the end of their posts. Okay, it's great that you have a cool quote from some dead soldier. Hell, you guys have paragraphs for a 'signature' about a bunch of crap,"Gee, the Finns have a great long sword that fought of the masses in the year 1212; Don't run with scissors or you might get hurt; Yak-Yak-Yak; Yak-Yak-Yak; Yak-Yak-Yak; And another Dead Soldier said, War is a bitch, maybe God will let me in heaven if I wouldn't have killed more to keep them out -A Dead Soldier Signature"

Get rid of the long signatures. After seeing that crap 3-times it's officially old.

Carl Van History Smack --- Far as crap that is not related to SC, what is all this AAR garbarge? This isn't the History channel re-write hour. Why the hell are your rambling all this encyclopedia stuff for? Are you trying to pick up chicks with it? Good luck, maybe you'll score the Russian Sniper chick from "Enemy At the Gates" from the only cool topic I've seen in a week. Nobody gives a bag of chips about the AAR coming soon. You wanna play some SC against a Professional? If you are going to cry about the "Balance" we'll play 2 games as both sides & score this puppy online.

AAR that,

jon_j_rambo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rocks !!!

------------------------------------------------

my signature(s)

"You reap what you sow" -some bible verse

"Yak, Yak, Yak" -some Dead guy

"Yawn, Yawn, Yawn" -Dead guys friend

"The politics of the day make the day" -some Ass

"Fat American's speak english & die of a heart failure, while Japs speak english & dies of something else. So if you want to die of something else, become a Jap & learn English"

Carl Van History Smack --- Far as crap that is not related to SC, what is all this AAR garbarge? This isn't the History channel re-write hour. Why the hell are your rambling all this encyclopedia stuff for? Are you trying to pick up chicks with it? Good luck, maybe you'll score the Russian Sniper chick from "Enemy At the Gates" from the only cool topic I've seen in a week. Nobody gives a bag of chips about the AAR coming soon. You wanna play some SC against a Professional? If you are going to cry about the "Balance" we'll play 2 games as both sides & score this puppy online.

AAR that,

jon_j_rambo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rocks !!!

First off, I think its pretty bad you have to pick fights with a 14 year old, As that now my own AAR's are in the cross-hairs, I feel a duty to defend myself,

My AAR's are about the most SC related thinkg here, other than the continues conversation on balancing and making the game as good as it can be. As for 'picking up chicks with it' it works better than you think, ;) knowledge is power, once you apply it properly.

Perhaps i should add this to my signature: (This is for you Immer ;) )

"Do you bite your thumb at me sir?"

"No sir. I do not bite my thumb at you sir, but i bite my thumb sir."

As for calling me a history 'smack' if it comes to it, I will defend myself upon the feild of virtual battle.

"Draw your sword if ye be men!"

CvM

"They drew First Blood" - you know who

393.GIF

Carl Van History Smack --- Who said I was picking a fight? I was just answering back the same manner you & your slumber party buddies are. You're having some circle hug party over this 'AAR thing'. But at the same time claiming others aren't talking about SC. I didn't see your birth certificate, so maybe you should do a new 'AAR thing' about it. By the way, I'm only 12.

Wagner --- Say something useful about SC & maybe somebody will talk to you. Oh, and to answer your questions:

My favorite movie: I have more than one

My favorite game: Civil War (the board game)

My shoe size: 10.5

-------------------------------------------------

"Yak, Yak, Yak" - some dead guy

"Yawn, Yawn, Yawn" - dead guy's friend

"The Germans were OVER-RATED" - jon_j_rambo

My AAR:

Say something interesting Part #1

I say something cool Part #2

I say something cooler Part #3

I challenge you spuds to SC PBEM Part #4

I smack you guys Part #5

Coming soon:

That's up to you Part # 6

Jersey John the German worshipper --- The Germans were OVER-RATED. Keyword: 'were'. They're dead & gone. What's your thing for German soldiers? I prefer to post the good guys:

nahp.cgi?1&28-0942a.jpg

Yo-Hans-Boobie --- What should I post for e-mail? Should I post my company e-mail for you: MyRealName@fortune10.ceo.com? Would that impress you? Wanna compare W-2 forms next?

Hmmm, what to do on a Friday night? :confused:

Couple good flicks on the cable, Alice's Restaurant and The Blues Brothers ... nah, think I'll read a little History...

(CvM? Something? Not to do with light sabers?)

Nah, think I'll go to Official Monitor training school, the World sure needs more of those, sure! we can all watch each other -- what we say, what we imagine, what we do -- ALL THE TIME... or...

Just maybe, hey - go to the forum and see my old and new friends... we can talk about this and that, SC, about the game, and there are other things we can share! to get to know each other better. Yeah, that will be FUN! ;)

flies.jpeg

Is there any doubt which character Rambo would play in "Lord of the Flies" ? Why don't you try reading one of his stories instead of complaining about them...He is one of the most universally liked and respected members of this board...So mind your manners.

[ November 15, 2002, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: General Billote ]

First off, Immer, the quote from Romeo and Juliet "Biting of the thumb" was for you. Thought you might appreciate it for what it was worth. And 'Rambo' you post pictures glorifying Winstin Churchill. Yet at the same time mock my signature (largly of Churchill's quotes) and my AAR's (written with the attention on Churchill)

...Overrated Germans, I guess that means that conquering all of Europe is no big thing.

CvM

I now bow out of this thread, as it will bare no fruit for the development of this game.

-Edit, i have a yahoo adress as well ;) thank you for the support smile.gif oh yeah, and if this clears anything up AAR mean 'After Action Report' aka im narrating my game.

[ November 15, 2002, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: Carl Von Mannerheim ]

Originally posted by General Billote:

Is there any doubt which character Rambo would play in "Lord of the Flies" ? Why don't you try reading one of his stories instead of complaining about them.

That's funny. You guys idol-worship the Germans & glorify violence...write AAR's about it.....And, suddenly I'm an uneducated "Jack" from Lord of the Flies.

Who have you read? I've read 'em.

The persons responsible for making off-topic posts have been sacked. The management regrets that any such silliness has occurred. A full refund is now available at the front desk for any persons so offended by those other persons who until very recently were not yet sacked. And before I get sacked, I just want to

[Editted by moderator.]

As originally posted by CvM:

First off, Immer, the quote from Romeo and Juliet "Biting of the thumb" was for you. Thought you might appreciate it for what it was worth.

You got me CvM. My Shakespeare is deficient as all get out.

Then again, I don't actually know all that much, it's just that I have lived for a long, long time. Seen a lot of interesting things. At the rate you're going, you will completely catch up in 2 or 3 years, yes? ;)

nahp.cgi?1&28-0942a.jpg

The entry below was not posted by me, nor was the photo. Nor was the next entry with my identifier posted by me either. If we have some nitwit altering our entries and even makeing new ones with our IDs as though they were ours, then this whole thing is defeated.

Yo-Hans-Boobie --- What should I post for e-mail? Should I post my company e-mail for you: MyRealName@fortune10.ceo.com? Would that impress you? Wanna compare W-2 forms next?[/QB]

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

[QB]Jersey John the German worshipper --- The Germans were OVER-RATED. Keyword: 'were'. They're dead & gone. What's your thing for German soldiers? I prefer to post the good guys:

Rambo -- You're the sort of pea brain who ruins anything that's good. You wouldn't know good guys from a hole in the ground and as for me being a German worshipper you didn't bother to read my prompt put down of an earlier forum praising the waffen SS. If you had half a brain in your empty head you'd realize I lampoon the nazis and am not in awe of them.

You, Rambo, have nothing to say and say it poorly.

If your entries are any indication of your intellect there's no doubt your brain would fit n your 10.5 shoe size with plenty of room to spare.

[ November 16, 2002, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

sacked?
Whoa! Halt! Stop the forum. Do we have here a member of this obtuse collection of characters who has not yet seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail? I thought for sure it was a prerequisite somewhere. How will you ever grasp the subtle underlying meaning of anything anyone says here, including debates about German tank groups in Russia or the pros and cons of British long-range heavy bombers, without being able to appreciate true military strategy as demonstrated in this fine training film? [There, I injected some relevant discussion about SC.] Rent a copy TODAY, Heute. Schnell! ;)