SC Power Rankings as of May 2005

I would agree as well, but what’s your point?

Every month the exact same names are put up as the “top players” by the exact same people. And then people (all of whom just happen to be on the list) post and thump their chests saying how great they are.

So as I said in my original post: Does any of it matter? The only people who seem to care are those who are on the list.

But hey, if it makes you feel better, go right on ahead. ;)

hmmm Zapp hasn't beat me in over a year and Avatar wasn't doing so well in our last game and I doubt he will consistently beat me as I lead the series 5 or 4 to 3 considering he backed outta a game ;)

I say the honest power rankings "last time I played 'em" honestly...

1. Terif 2. DH 3. Rambo 4. HR 5. Me

Zappster and Sombra<haven't played these guys in awhilhe or enough times lately to judge how they compare to the others>

bit likely to say Sombra 6th, Zapp Kuniworth tied, Dalmatian and Comrade tied with a slight edge to Partisan

Best player is Dr. Green smile.gif no doubt about it. He plays both sides very well.

As for the others, most of them are usually more proficient playing axis IMHO. I am talking about DH and Rambo. Both have a very tough axis gameplay with a slight edge for DH which plays more conservatively and calculated. Rambo sometimes lose focus or gets pissed off about rolls and techs but if he manages to focus, he is on par with DH. I did not play much against their allies, maybe once against each of them and I cannot draw a competent conclusion.

As for me being #3 ... well, i am honoured but i am not very consistent as a player - sometimes i manage to focus and put up very good fights, sometimes i go all cowboy style and ruin my games smile.gif

So maybe #3 , maybe #4, maybe #7...depends if there's a sunny day outside or not smile.gif But I surely can provide challenge at least ;)

HR, you were really playing well last game I saw action with you.<admittely after Fall of France I seemed to have an advantage much like vs Avatar> You must be gaining ground in this game fast unlike the rest of us ;) The Learning Curb from the mechanics to being top notch is big and any one of these players if they took 20-30 HotSeats to practice the lastest strategies<wouldn't even take that> could be lethal players> it's all about patience and most don't have it.

I remeber a game vs Kuniworth he took me to round 14 and I was dishing out punishment but he just didn't know what to do at this point so he ran.. or a game vs Avy, after France fell he disappeared for 6 months.. This reminds me much of myself with Terif after I take France, I just don't know what the hell to do to counter his aggressive UK action. You better not give him much of a bid ;)actually though I took those strategies employeed them VS Rambo and I notice I'm getting a lot more bang for my buck...

Gotta give Terif credit for the real strategies and not these gamey Fast French strategies. He created the Air Egypt and delay pack MidEast. The Corp Naval blocker. The anti-Carrier training mines France and Norway. Also one of the best Russian smashes I've seen next to Rambo..<he has done quite an amazing job with Armor alone rushing into Russia!>

You've still got awhile to come up to my Axis Game, but that's alright ;) For now I'm quite happy to be in the top 4 or 5 in that category<even top3 since DH has retired pretty much>

yeah, but i am at work atm

maybe we can play during the w/e;

during the week it is difficult because of the time difference

BTW,

1/5/30, no AA , no landings, bid out game or mirrored?

AAR to entertain the crowd? smile.gif

[ May 17, 2005, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: hellraiser ]

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

These are facts, they are undisputed.

#1 Terif

#2 Rambo

#3 Hellraiser

#4 Avatar

#5 DragonSlow

#6 ZappSlow

#7 Liam

#8 SomeBra

#9 Does it matter?

Rambo dude. Since your current state against Hellraiser is 0-2 and against me 0-1, will this be the last month you are above the "#9 Does it matter" position :D

@CrapSlow --- Dude, I flattened you the game before your Slowdown Meltdown.

@Puniworth --- Dude, you've never been a player, just all mouth.

"and besides, Butch, if you were going to make it, you would have made it by now. And when you feel that sting, that's pride messing with you. Screw pride, in the 5th your ass goes down" --- Marcellas Wallace in Pulp Fiction.

Y Rambo, ofcoure I win some and u win some in the exhibition games but it is when the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

When we play tourney, league or best of x games I am the Big Brother and you.. the SMALLER :D

No rethoric is gonna change that.

Hey ppl, finally got high speed at home, so if anyone's looking for a game, just buzz me. And I'm no. 4 only? wtf? i though DH rated me no 2?? Seriously, ratings suck, and it's all just fantasy on this thread. First, i'm no. 2, and you all suck. Yeah, you too, and you, and YOU. Damn, has anybody made it past france when im allies? Don't think in the last 10 games... but i've really brushed up my axis game, so if anyone wants to prove something...