invadeing russai

Do you seriously expect to beat Russia in a 1-year demo of the 1940 scenario? As happened historically, Germany has to build up forces and prepare for a major campaign. If you don't secure the resources of the Low Countries and France, you won't be able to build up enough forces and you'd leave your western flank open. If you do, it takes time to complete and then transfer forces east. Also, your Balkan flank may need to be secured. These are realistic considerations. What value is there to "beating the game" if Russia were to fall too easily? Same for the beat-Italy strategy that Hubert is fixing. WWII was a tough war. Let's keep it that way in the game. smile.gif

Another hint, that I will now refer to as Tweakleaks. The Tweakleaks that I can recall reading off the top of my head include:

</font>

• Better Italian, Russian and US resistance to invasion </font>
  • Subs </font>
  • Disbanding </font>
  • End of game message </font>
  • Headquarters (who is in command issue) </font>
  • Paratroops (JUST KIDDING!)</font>

Any other Tweakleaks I am forgetting?

[ June 24, 2002, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: BloodyBucket ]

Paratroops (JUST KIDDING!)
PARATROOPS! BB, you are such a tease! :D

"Tweakleaks" is an excellent term. Something to add to the Devil's Dictionary - a snipet of information with limited value; a thing to be neither confirmed nor denied. tongue.gif

Stronger 1940 Russian setup?
Not to worry, nothing huge, just a few tweaks to make it more interesting. Actually I've done this with most of the gamey strategies, minor adjustments here and there so as to not entirely discount them, but just to make them a little more interesting/risky ;)

Hubert