SC-II Announcement upcoming in April

Curry

MOON Stated - "We'll be making an announcement about SC2 in April. As for the future beyond SC2, that's solely for Hubert to decide, and I doubt that he's got time currently to think much about that."

Good news for many of us that have been waiting.

Keep in mind that SC2 will build upon what we already have and all of the many lessons-learned so far. It will be more similar to SC1 than different, so shouldn't take forever to playtest. We already know how a few new things work and have a pretty good idea how the other new features should work.

Once the new game engine and editor is up and running, an announcement is warranted. Moon's comment simply confirms how close we are to that point. Whether this means you'll see SC2 in a "few" months or not remains to be seen. Hopefully sooner rather than later. ;)

I completely agree with Slapaho. SC's demo gave a great impression of the full game (that was one of the best demos I've ever played, seriously), and it was it that made me get SC in the first place; I had read a praising review, but was still sceptical about it, but decided to give the demo a try... and here I am now, still playing the damn thing, years later. :D

[ March 30, 2004, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Exel ]

I knew the moment I posted "April" that from April 1st on I'd be hearing this. But damn', one never learns I guess... To be honest, I cannot be more specific, depends on a bunch of issues which are difficult to control. However, rest assured that the longer it takes, the better it will be smile.gif

Martin

Now Martin, don't be damned......if you do and if you don't.....are you kind of identifying with our Prez.? Be cool, we'll await patiently, it was just a good natured inquiry, don't be so testy. If we aren't graced with an April announcement, I'm sure myself and accompanying SC brethren will forgive you. Contrary to popular beliefs, we are not animals. ;)

Sing along everybody:

Announcements, annoucements, announcements.

A horrible way to die, a horrible way to die,

A horrible way to start the day,

A horrible way to die.

What a terrible way to die,

What a terrible way to die,

What a terrible death, to be talked to death.

What a terrible way to die.

(Frere' Jauque)

Words of wisdom, words of wisdom,

We don't need, we don't need,

Stupid words of wisdom, stupid words of wisdom,

Dumb, dumb, dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

(London Bridge)

Make the announcements short and sweet,

Short and sweet,

Short and sweet.

Make the announcemnts short and sweet,

They're so BORING!

(Ever Seen a Windmill)

Have you ever seen a windbag,

A windbag, a windbag,

Have you ever seen a windbag.

Well there's one right now.

Swings this way and that way,

Swings this way and that way,

Have you ever seen a windbag,

Well there's one RIGHT NOW!

Hey, 29 days to go ... :Dtongue.gif

I booted up SC the other day for the first time in a while and got hooked again (until my computer froze - right when I'd stopped the Nazi encroachment into Russia - gamey AI). I still think CM is the best game I've ever played that can be done in 5 minute turn increments. So much so that I purchased four copies so that I could play with friends and family via e-mail.

I'm looking forward to the second itteration, and sorry that real life has kept me from giving my two cents into what the second game engine should include.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Curry:

MOON Stated - "We'll be making an announcement about SC2 in April. As for the future beyond SC2, that's solely for Hubert to decide, and I doubt that he's got time currently to think much about that."

Good news for many of us that have been waiting.

It´s April half-time