Forgot to mention...

The Gold Demo is not compatible with the previous Beta Demo and could cause some problems if mixed and matched with the current version. The best solution to avoid this would be to uninstall/delete the Beta first before installing the Gold version.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Are there dll's in the windows dir or somefink that would cause problems if we installed the gold demo into a seperate dir as the beta? I have a couple pbm games going using full gamey tactics with the old version that my opponents and myself would like to finish... but at the same time we'd like to try the new hotness as well.

Are there dll's in the windows dir or somefink that would cause problems if we installed the gold demo into a seperate dir as the beta?
Both demo's are completely system friendly, i.e. no registry or dll changes/additions made, so my guess is that some players may have installed the Gold version into the original Beta directory. If this is the case there will be problems, BUT however if you install in a separate directory (as you've correctly guessed) there should be no problems at all, so long as you do not mix and match files between versions.

I guess the trick here is that if you are not sure, best to remove the original Beta as suggested.

Hubert

Originally posted by Dale H:

SuperTed,

I would like to use the control panel add/remove software means but I don't find the beta demo in the list of programs listed there. Am I doing something wrong?

Dale

Dale,

My apologies. I assumed the demo used an installer. Based on your response, I am guessing it did not. If that is the case, it should be fine to just delete the entire beta folder.

As originally posted by Hawkmek:

You'll know who THEM are when THEY take you away.

Them?

The ones who slouch and crouch in alleyways

When the moon is blooded & dim?

Who laughed like stupid lost loons

At the last long gasp

Of J.J., Jimi... and Jim?

Whose mentor stalks the night

In ugly high-top shoes,

And passes out a little off-white card

That says:

Please allow me to introduce myself,

I am a man of wealth and taste?

That THEM? ?

Or, are you thinking of some other Them?

Originally posted by Immer Etwas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> As originally posted by Hawkmek:

You'll know who THEM are when THEY take you away.

Them?

The ones who slouch and crouch in alleyways

When the moon is blooded & dim?

Who laughed like stupid lost loons

At the last long gasp

Of J.J., Jimi... and Jim?

Whose mentor stalks the night

In ugly high-top shoes,

And passes out a little off-white card

That says:

Please allow me to introduce myself,

I am a man of wealth and taste?

That THEM? ?

Or, are you thinking of some other Them?</font>

As originally posted by Aloid:

Sounds like a cross between Dr. Suess and the Rolling Stones...

LOL! :D

I was going to do -- The Cat in the Hat kicks over the trash-cans

on Barnaby Street, but,

figured that would be too 60s... too too jejune. smile.gif

I am a father as well, and I tried to always tell my son about... what actually awaits.

Not the half-told, half-kept dangerously dishonest stuff, but... about the grind and the grist and the Shape out of the mist and the dew-wet roses as whole-hearted gift to your Beloved, as well.

But, usually you must learn on your own. ;)

Originally posted by Immer Etwas:

<snip>... (ouch)...

I am a father as well, and I tried to always tell my son about... what actually awaits.

Not the half-told, half-kept dangerously dishonest stuff, but... about the grind and the grist and the Shape out of the mist and the dew-wet roses as whole-hearted gift to your Beloved, as well.

But, usually you must learn on your own. ;)

While I cannot express it as well as you, I do strive to give my sons something of a realistic view on life (while staying optomistic).

It's hard to filter and reduce things to the level they are at right now, but I feel happy that they are catching the true drift of life...

my 4 year old wants to be a Jedi! heh!

Aloid