My conspiracy theory about SC 2.

Comrade Trapp

Originally posted by Cheesehead:

Understood. I was a little frustrated after I'd posted a few questions (mainly directed at the BF people) about the upcoming SC2 and not receiving any answers. I'm used to the Matrix forum where moderators keep us all informed about game developments. I didn't take anything personally. And if BF chooses not to keep us up to date on new projects it is probably because they are all hard at work getting these wonderful games of their's completed, so I don't have a problem with that, either. One last point. The more newbies that log on to these forums and show an interest in wargames, the more (and better) wargames will be produced. Demand increases supply. So lets encourage this hobby of ours. IMHO we are in direct competition with the 1st person shooters.

Let me be the first to welcome you back!

I have read your posts and you would seem to have knowledge that would be an asset to this board.

Keep posting and pardon the occaisional meanderings of the natives!

;)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Understood. I was a little frustrated after I'd posted a few questions (mainly directed at the BF people) about the upcoming SC2 and not receiving any answers. I'm used to the Matrix forum where moderators keep us all informed about game developments. I didn't take anything personally. And if BF chooses not to keep us up to date on new projects it is probably because they are all hard at work getting these wonderful games of their's completed, so I don't have a problem with that, either. One last point. The more newbies that log on to these forums and show an interest in wargames, the more (and better) wargames will be produced. Demand increases supply. So lets encourage this hobby of ours. IMHO we are in direct competition with the 1st person shooters.

Hello Cheesehead. We have a policy that we do not announce games years before they are completed. This sucks up resources which we simply don't have, and indeed it's a question about working on the game, or working the forums.

The latter can be very time intensive, and with a forum as big as ours simple administrative daily tasks already take quite a while, let alone answering questions. However, we're doing what we can, and most of the time when a direct question to one of us isn't answered it's simply because we missed it. We cannot read every single post on the forum, we'd have to hire full-time people for that.

So while we appreciate the interest in upcoming products, and the wish to start talking about them as early as possible, in the end everybody only gains (read: the game is finished quicker) when we announce things when we think that the time is right.

With SC-2, this will be fairly soon, and no worries, there will still be enough time to talk, debate, and make suggestions from alpha to beta to gold.

Martin

PS. Although to be honest, the fact that SC-2 isn't even announced yet and doesn't have a forum never seems to be an obstacle to the guys on this forum to talk and talk and suggest and talk... smile.gif

Hello Cheesehead. We have a policy that we do not announce games years before they are completed. This sucks up resources which we simply don't have, and indeed it's a question about working on the game, or working the forums.

The latter can be very time intensive, and with a forum as big as ours simple administrative daily tasks already take quite a while, let alone answering questions. However, we're doing what we can, and most of the time when a direct question to one of us isn't answered it's simply because we missed it. We cannot read every single post on the forum, we'd have to hire full-time people for that.

So while we appreciate the interest in upcoming products, and the wish to start talking about them as early as possible, in the end everybody only gains (read: the game is finished quicker) when we announce things when we think that the time is right.

With SC-2, this will be fairly soon, and no worries, there will still be enough time to talk, debate, and make suggestions from alpha to beta to gold.

Martin

PS. Although to be honest, the fact that SC-2 isn't even announced yet and doesn't have a forum never seems to be an obstacle to the guys on this forum to talk and talk and suggest and talk... smile.gif

Cheesehead,

Good to see you.

Hubert pinned a FAQ area which should hold a lot of answers. In that same Thread CvM, myself and a few others have tried to list some good former threads to be referenced, and something along those lines, I think, would be the best help to new people. Plus, there's a strategy guide written by Bill Macon and Dan Fenton with many game answers and tips.

Part of the problem of requesting answers is that most of the big questions have been asked innumerable times and answered innumerable times.

The best way to find the answers is to enter a keyword in the search area -- being careful to have it show Strategic Command or it will search in a different, unrelated forum. Usually there will be dozens of threads surfacing on every game related subject.

An added consideration is that the original threads have added discussion from when the topic was still fresh and ideas were abundant.

[ February 24, 2004, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Cheesehead,

Good to see you.

Hubert pinned a FAQ area which should hold a lot of answers. In that same Thread CvM, myself and a few others have tried to list some good former threads to be referenced, and something along those lines, I think, would be the best help to new people. Plus, there's a strategy guide written by Bill Macon and Dan Fenton with many game answers and tips.

Part of the problem of requesting answers is that most of the big questions have been asked innumerable times and answered innumerable times.

The best way to find the answers is to enter a keyword in the search area -- being careful to have it show Strategic Command or it will search in a different, unrelated forum. Usually there will be dozens of threads surfacing on every game related subject.

An added consideration is that the original threads have added discussion from when the topic was still fresh and ideas were abundant.

[ February 24, 2004, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Errant --

What a joy to hear from you! But if I may be allowed a single question --

"He's a frickin' darling,"

Which frickin darling or old relic is this referring to? :confused:

We've got so many of both, after all, that it tends to become a bit confusing.

Errant --

What a joy to hear from you! But if I may be allowed a single question --

"He's a frickin' darling,"

Which frickin darling or old relic is this referring to? :confused:

We've got so many of both, after all, that it tends to become a bit confusing.

He's a Frickin' Darling.. I was talking about about Comrade Trapp. He treated me with such 'tender minstrations' whenever i first posted on here. I know I have a real..... spot for him in my heart.

So far as the tottering Relics... hmmm.. Jersey.. you most certainly win that one. I didn't lump you in with the babbling cretins. That has to count for something, right?

Cheese, just remember, that it is a club, and all you need for admittance is a note from your mom, a Sears catalogue to share around and the sense not to take any of this personally.

As usual I come down hard on Trapp, but his forum was really really good, while it was up. It was a real shame that it was lost. So everyone gets a star beside their names eventually, right?

[ February 26, 2004, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: ErrantRecce1 ]

He's a Frickin' Darling.. I was talking about about Comrade Trapp. He treated me with such 'tender minstrations' whenever i first posted on here. I know I have a real..... spot for him in my heart.

So far as the tottering Relics... hmmm.. Jersey.. you most certainly win that one. I didn't lump you in with the babbling cretins. That has to count for something, right?

Cheese, just remember, that it is a club, and all you need for admittance is a note from your mom, a Sears catalogue to share around and the sense not to take any of this personally.

As usual I come down hard on Trapp, but his forum was really really good, while it was up. It was a real shame that it was lost. So everyone gets a star beside their names eventually, right?

[ February 26, 2004, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: ErrantRecce1 ]

Errant, robot-monster.JPG

"I didn't lump you in with the babbling cretins. That has to count for something, right?"

You're damn right it counts for something, it counts as an injustice, I've worked long and hard for admission to that category and now you exclude me!

We all have fond memories of your early days here -- indeed, they've grown even fonder with your cintinued raids, uh, sorry, contributions! :D

[ February 26, 2004, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Errant, robot-monster.JPG

"I didn't lump you in with the babbling cretins. That has to count for something, right?"

You're damn right it counts for something, it counts as an injustice, I've worked long and hard for admission to that category and now you exclude me!

We all have fond memories of your early days here -- indeed, they've grown even fonder with your cintinued raids, uh, sorry, contributions! :D

[ February 26, 2004, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

I'm sorry Jersey, we told you last week, you wrote the essay, and you had good scores on that.. but you weren't drooling nearly enough.. didn't you take the videos of Zapp we gave you home to study with? How about the twitching charts we gave you of Terif? We do have standards and if you want to make the A squad, you're going to have to pick up your game..

I'm sorry Jersey, we told you last week, you wrote the essay, and you had good scores on that.. but you weren't drooling nearly enough.. didn't you take the videos of Zapp we gave you home to study with? How about the twitching charts we gave you of Terif? We do have standards and if you want to make the A squad, you're going to have to pick up your game..

and so far as my contributing.. I would do it more.. but so much of what goes on around here.. i just have nothing to add. All I can do is just sit back and enjoy.. and so when I see my shot, I always aim to make it count.. that's all. I'm sorry if my Canadian work ethic ( not frothing at the mouth) is misunderstood as being a mute.. I'll endeavour to improve for the enjoyment of our audience.. I just can't imagine churning out a substandard product, just to run up my count.

.. I will really. :cool:

[ February 27, 2004, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: ErrantRecce1 ]

and so far as my contributing.. I would do it more.. but so much of what goes on around here.. i just have nothing to add. All I can do is just sit back and enjoy.. and so when I see my shot, I always aim to make it count.. that's all. I'm sorry if my Canadian work ethic ( not frothing at the mouth) is misunderstood as being a mute.. I'll endeavour to improve for the enjoyment of our audience.. I just can't imagine churning out a substandard product, just to run up my count.

.. I will really. :cool:

[ February 27, 2004, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: ErrantRecce1 ]

Errant,

Thanks for the pointers, I'll have to really study that tape -- it amazes me how you can pull people in to these things who aren't even posting now and ... well, you get the idea!

And I just want to say that, as a result of todays insights, your stature at this Forum has grown considerably.

romo.jpg

[ February 26, 2004, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Errant,

Thanks for the pointers, I'll have to really study that tape -- it amazes me how you can pull people in to these things who aren't even posting now and ... well, you get the idea!

And I just want to say that, as a result of todays insights, your stature at this Forum has grown considerably.

romo.jpg

[ February 26, 2004, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Newbies, take note, this issue is not about respect, that would be far too simplistic.

1. Learn to read, much of what is asked or commented on has been up on this forum and archived for years. I spent months reading through threads before buying the game and joining in the forum.

2. JJ, CT, Immer and their cohort have not once dissed me as a newbie, if they were like that they would have had plenty of opportunity.

To all newbies living with the stigma of 'junior member', like I, don't post trash just to up the count. Respond and contribute positively, and you will be guaranteed to be treated in kind.

-Agent (newbie) Smith

Newbies, take note, this issue is not about respect, that would be far too simplistic.

1. Learn to read, much of what is asked or commented on has been up on this forum and archived for years. I spent months reading through threads before buying the game and joining in the forum.

2. JJ, CT, Immer and their cohort have not once dissed me as a newbie, if they were like that they would have had plenty of opportunity.

To all newbies living with the stigma of 'junior member', like I, don't post trash just to up the count. Respond and contribute positively, and you will be guaranteed to be treated in kind.

-Agent (newbie) Smith

It was prophesized a long time ago that a man from the land down under would join this assemblage to impart wisdom and understanding even unto the rowdy Canucks.

And, at last, it has come to pass!

Well Said Agent*

*Though something tells me Errant will be the very last of those receiving it. ;)

It was prophesized a long time ago that a man from the land down under would join this assemblage to impart wisdom and understanding even unto the rowdy Canucks.

And, at last, it has come to pass!

Well Said Agent*

*Though something tells me Errant will be the very last of those receiving it. ;)