My conspiracy theory about SC 2.

Comrade Trapp

It's taken awhile, but it's all becoming very clear to me now.

I ask my fellow forum members (only the ones who have been here for awhile) to look around you on the forum, what do you see that wasn't there before?

For those of you who are more slow then others, I'll point it out for you. Newbies, their all over the place. I mean ya, every so often we would get 1 or 2 of them, but nothing like this. Just look at the 15 latest threads, at least half of them were started by junior members (aka newbs).

Now this got me thinking, I think the reason why we don't see any information on SC 2 (no release date, ect) is because they are waiting for all these poor bastards to finish up buying SC 1 and then, after sales go back down, they will release SC 2.

Battlefront knows that if they started giving hints about the release of SC 2, that potential SC 1 buyers would just wait until SC 2 was released.

But if they just sit back and say nothing, no buyer will think to wait until SC 2 is out and will buy SC 1. Only to find SC 2 released shortly after, and since everyone else would be playing SC 2, they would have no choice but to go out and buy SC 2 as well. So Battlefront profits from 2 purchases (1 completely unnecessary) from the same buyer.

No wonder all we get from Hubert is " ;) ".

Of course he's happy, all he's doing is sitting back and letting the money flow in from SC 1. Meanwhile, SC 2 has probably been completed for over 4 months now.

I always knew Hubert was greedy bastard, always acting all nice, but I knew.........

Comrade Trapp

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's taken awhile, but it's all becoming very clear to me now.

I ask my fellow forum members (only the ones who have been here for awhile) to look around you on the forum, what do you see that wasn't there before?

For those of you who are more slow then others, I'll point it out for you. Newbies, their all over the place. I mean ya, every so often we would get 1 or 2 of them, but nothing like this. Just look at the 15 latest threads, at least half of them were started by junior members (aka newbs).

Now this got me thinking, I think the reason why we don't see any information on SC 2 (no release date, ect) is because they are waiting for all these poor bastards to finish up buying SC 1 and then, after sales go back down, they will release SC 2.

Battlefront knows that if they started giving hints about the release of SC 2, that potential SC 1 buyers would just wait until SC 2 was released.

But if they just sit back and say nothing, no buyer will think to wait until SC 2 is out and will buy SC 1. Only to find SC 2 released shortly after, and since everyone else would be playing SC 2, they would have no choice but to go out and buy SC 2 as well. So Battlefront profits from 2 purchases (1 completely unnecessary) from the same buyer.

No wonder all we get from Hubert is " ;) ".

Of course he's happy, all he's doing is sitting back and letting the money flow in from SC 1. Meanwhile, SC 2 has probably been completed for over 4 months now.

I always knew Hubert was greedy bastard, always acting all nice, but I knew.........

Comrade Trapp

You're saying Hubert is ;) all the way to the bank.

I'm saying you're right!

Also saying General Rambo suggested he do this months ago and said it would be a good marketing practice.

And I'm also saying he's right!

I'm glad Hubert is making money.

I'm glad Rambo has such great forsight.

I'm glad Comrade is so perceptive.

And I'm glad when these new members ask questions that were already dead a year ago, there are people who step in with the answers, some of which actually branch out in new ways. :D

My impression of Hubert flooding us with information:

;););)

[ February 20, 2004, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

You're saying Hubert is ;) all the way to the bank.

I'm saying you're right!

Also saying General Rambo suggested he do this months ago and said it would be a good marketing practice.

And I'm also saying he's right!

I'm glad Hubert is making money.

I'm glad Rambo has such great forsight.

I'm glad Comrade is so perceptive.

And I'm glad when these new members ask questions that were already dead a year ago, there are people who step in with the answers, some of which actually branch out in new ways. :D

My impression of Hubert flooding us with information:

;););)

[ February 20, 2004, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Uhhh, .....you don't mean to tell me BF has an agenda? Please say "It ain't so"! Do we want more wargames? Will the State compel our programmers to create great wargames like SC? Or do we want those creations to be rewarded and hopefully spur more innovations. So what system of economics should we embrace? Could it be Sata........Capitalism?

Uhhh, .....you don't mean to tell me BF has an agenda? Please say "It ain't so"! Do we want more wargames? Will the State compel our programmers to create great wargames like SC? Or do we want those creations to be rewarded and hopefully spur more innovations. So what system of economics should we embrace? Could it be Sata........Capitalism?

Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

Traitor!

You wouldn't say that unless..... you were really Moon in disguise, thats it!

I always knew there was somthing not right about you SeaMonkey, but now I know for sure, your one of them.

[ February 20, 2004, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

Traitor!

You wouldn't say that unless..... you were really Moon in disguise, thats it!

I always knew there was somthing not right about you SeaMonkey, but now I know for sure, your one of them.

[ February 20, 2004, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

fr3_moody_0424.jpg

The Old Timer Mob, spurred on by Comrade's furious rhetoric, is out for SeaMonkey's blood. Jersey, wearing Marion's finest headpiece, attempts to stave them off with his thirty-five year old Business Law Book. But his courage begins to fail when he sees two nooses and suggests to his freind that often a pair of running shoes are even better than having the Law on ones side. ...

[ February 20, 2004, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

fr3_moody_0424.jpg

The Old Timer Mob, spurred on by Comrade's furious rhetoric, is out for SeaMonkey's blood. Jersey, wearing Marion's finest headpiece, attempts to stave them off with his thirty-five year old Business Law Book. But his courage begins to fail when he sees two nooses and suggests to his freind that often a pair of running shoes are even better than having the Law on ones side. ...

[ February 20, 2004, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Just one of those times when you don't see the message, but seeing the picture more than makes up for it!

Excellent Kurt -- you've a fine eye for such things!

"So you say you're name is Hubert and you're filthy rich -- just how rich are we talking, big boy?"

dietrich.jpg

[ February 20, 2004, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Just one of those times when you don't see the message, but seeing the picture more than makes up for it!

Excellent Kurt -- you've a fine eye for such things!

"So you say you're name is Hubert and you're filthy rich -- just how rich are we talking, big boy?"

dietrich.jpg

[ February 20, 2004, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Kurt,

Very Glad you enjoyed the chapters -- revised them further, but the ones you have are the main basis, just filled a few details in as they occurred to me, also got some good ideas from a few of our friends.

The package arrived today in perfect condition. You're a Prince and the by far the most dedicated beer afficiando I've ever known.

I've got one more place to try and find the kind of discs I was talking about, that will play even on old CD players. If I don't find them there I'll have to put them on those new things that only play on RW capable drives. Have the music all laid out, several discs ready, just trying to find those damn discs!

The brew is in the fridge, that beautiful glass sitting in front of me where it is safest -- planning to hit the first one tonight. With a little luck, if those discs are still being made, I'll have that collection out to you very soon. Thankfully nobody opened the box -- you did an excellent job of packing them.

Very, Very Grateful. smile.gif

Kurt,

Very Glad you enjoyed the chapters -- revised them further, but the ones you have are the main basis, just filled a few details in as they occurred to me, also got some good ideas from a few of our friends.

The package arrived today in perfect condition. You're a Prince and the by far the most dedicated beer afficiando I've ever known.

I've got one more place to try and find the kind of discs I was talking about, that will play even on old CD players. If I don't find them there I'll have to put them on those new things that only play on RW capable drives. Have the music all laid out, several discs ready, just trying to find those damn discs!

The brew is in the fridge, that beautiful glass sitting in front of me where it is safest -- planning to hit the first one tonight. With a little luck, if those discs are still being made, I'll have that collection out to you very soon. Thankfully nobody opened the box -- you did an excellent job of packing them.

Very, Very Grateful. smile.gif

Packaging what?

That little bastard sent you beer didn't he.

What about me, I would be old enough to drink if I lived in Belgium. But no..... I have to be stuck in the United States. I'm old enough to go off to war to die in some Middle East hell hole but I'm not old enough to drink. There is something seriously wrong with that. :mad:

Packaging what?

That little bastard sent you beer didn't he.

What about me, I would be old enough to drink if I lived in Belgium. But no..... I have to be stuck in the United States. I'm old enough to go off to war to die in some Middle East hell hole but I'm not old enough to drink. There is something seriously wrong with that. :mad:

Comrade

Jeez, what do you want, everything? My generation has been kind enough to say you're old enough to join the Marines and go out and risk your life on our behalf and you want to go around drinking really good beer as well?

A little patience --

Aside from which I just guzzled them down and take my word for it, you wouldn't have liked them. :D

Comrade

Jeez, what do you want, everything? My generation has been kind enough to say you're old enough to join the Marines and go out and risk your life on our behalf and you want to go around drinking really good beer as well?

A little patience --

Aside from which I just guzzled them down and take my word for it, you wouldn't have liked them. :D

Comrade! You ....you...Patriot! Of course you should be allowed to drink, but your ancestors (that be me and JJ) screwed it up for ya by being irresponsible when the drinking age was 18. Never fear. You shall pay your dues and come back to us. Banish those negative vibes and be anticipating some fine Texas white lightening (hint: Moonshine)(when your 21), for your beloved SeaMonkey will assuredly have the Still percolating away by then. Now quell those belligerent thoughts, wipe that tear away, keep a stiff upper lip ......Semper Fi.

Comrade! You ....you...Patriot! Of course you should be allowed to drink, but your ancestors (that be me and JJ) screwed it up for ya by being irresponsible when the drinking age was 18. Never fear. You shall pay your dues and come back to us. Banish those negative vibes and be anticipating some fine Texas white lightening (hint: Moonshine)(when your 21), for your beloved SeaMonkey will assuredly have the Still percolating away by then. Now quell those belligerent thoughts, wipe that tear away, keep a stiff upper lip ......Semper Fi.

Whats even sadder, is that when you get to Iraq, you won't be allowed to drink there. Video games are a poor subsitute for Thai stick.

Thank goodness, at least one of the benefits of my war, was women, alcohol and drugs.

Some of my predcessors, used to complain about not being able to vote or drink, yet able to die for thier nation. Progress is measured in baby steps.

Btw, I hope you have been running a few miles every morning... you have haven't you? If not, I suggest you start, since getting your endurance up and being able to handle the constant running, is probably the only thing you can do now to help you get thru boot camp.