My conspiracy theory about SC 2.

Comrade Trapp

Whats even sadder, is that when you get to Iraq, you won't be allowed to drink there. Video games are a poor subsitute for Thai stick.

Thank goodness, at least one of the benefits of my war, was women, alcohol and drugs.

Some of my predcessors, used to complain about not being able to vote or drink, yet able to die for thier nation. Progress is measured in baby steps.

Btw, I hope you have been running a few miles every morning... you have haven't you? If not, I suggest you start, since getting your endurance up and being able to handle the constant running, is probably the only thing you can do now to help you get thru boot camp.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaka!

I resent being refered to as a predecessor. Sounds like some kind of Dinosaur...like a

Predasaurus,

such a dastardly beast, running around doing drugs and drinking, flipping peace signs, and just basically being unaccountable to anything. Good thing they raised the age limit on them things.

Shaka!

I resent being refered to as a predecessor. Sounds like some kind of Dinosaur...like a

Predasaurus,

such a dastardly beast, running around doing drugs and drinking, flipping peace signs, and just basically being unaccountable to anything. Good thing they raised the age limit on them things.

You guys are nuts tongue.gif

Well I still think some of you are sane men I guess. Hubert planning all this out, I think 90% of creating a game like this should be financial. Not sure 100%...I don't know Hubert though, it could've of been a pet project instead. One thing I do know is that there hasn't been update in awhile so either the title has fizzled, a new one is on the way or there are no plans for a future project<which we've been told the contrary>

Sooooo ;)

Just beta alone can take a year or two. Even if the game was designed it wouldn't likely hit the shelves/market until Hubert was happy

You guys are nuts tongue.gif

Well I still think some of you are sane men I guess. Hubert planning all this out, I think 90% of creating a game like this should be financial. Not sure 100%...I don't know Hubert though, it could've of been a pet project instead. One thing I do know is that there hasn't been update in awhile so either the title has fizzled, a new one is on the way or there are no plans for a future project<which we've been told the contrary>

Sooooo ;)

Just beta alone can take a year or two. Even if the game was designed it wouldn't likely hit the shelves/market until Hubert was happy

I guess I qualify as one of the "newbies" your referring to Comrade Trapp. Sorry for intruding on your little club. I thought the purpose of this forum was discussion of wargames and related matters of substance. Based on all the esoteric comments and references I read on this forum I can see it is pretty much a waste of time for a guy like me who just wants to make some connections with fellow wagamers to enter your private club. My apologies.

I guess I qualify as one of the "newbies" your referring to Comrade Trapp. Sorry for intruding on your little club. I thought the purpose of this forum was discussion of wargames and related matters of substance. Based on all the esoteric comments and references I read on this forum I can see it is pretty much a waste of time for a guy like me who just wants to make some connections with fellow wagamers to enter your private club. My apologies.

I can see it is pretty much a waste of time for a guy like me
Not at all. This can be a rough crowd at times, but certainly not as rough as some forums get. Most of the chatter here is smack talk or razzing anyways. Seperate the wheat from the chaff and make your own way.

I can see it is pretty much a waste of time for a guy like me
Not at all. This can be a rough crowd at times, but certainly not as rough as some forums get. Most of the chatter here is smack talk or razzing anyways. Seperate the wheat from the chaff and make your own way.

Originally posted by John Hammond:

I would suggest, for a session of non-confrontational and good-spirited fun, that you post on the General Forum.

Civility and Common Sense are the Rule of Thumb in those hallowed Threads.

It is my experience that these SC guys are a rowdy bunch. Especially that Jersey John character. He seems to be a ring-leader of sorts, although the Comrade has been known to (as General Rambo so quaintly put it): Crack a Few Heads.

In closing, let me say: Give the General Forum a shot.

Aim well!

;)

[edit]-Okay, now the serious stuff.

John Hammond

Don't make a hasty decision about leaving this board. Overall the quality of posts here is outstanding. There are a few jolly jokesters that like to stir the pot, but I can be ignored easy enough. ;)

I think you will find a number of knowledgeable people posting here that will respond to just about any WW2 topic you can post. Just ignore the Wisenheimers and enjoy!

[ February 23, 2004, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Jim Boggs ]

Originally posted by John Hammond:

I would suggest, for a session of non-confrontational and good-spirited fun, that you post on the General Forum.

Civility and Common Sense are the Rule of Thumb in those hallowed Threads.

It is my experience that these SC guys are a rowdy bunch. Especially that Jersey John character. He seems to be a ring-leader of sorts, although the Comrade has been known to (as General Rambo so quaintly put it): Crack a Few Heads.

In closing, let me say: Give the General Forum a shot.

Aim well!

;)

[edit]-Okay, now the serious stuff.

John Hammond

Don't make a hasty decision about leaving this board. Overall the quality of posts here is outstanding. There are a few jolly jokesters that like to stir the pot, but I can be ignored easy enough. ;)

I think you will find a number of knowledgeable people posting here that will respond to just about any WW2 topic you can post. Just ignore the Wisenheimers and enjoy!

[ February 23, 2004, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Jim Boggs ]

As originally posted by Jim Boggs:

There are a few jolly jokesters that like to stir the pot, but I can be ignored easy enough. ;)

As I read this, you are saying that YOU are also a "jolly jokester!"

Good!

You'll live longer and have some honest clean fun along the way!!

I have NEVER been offended or affronted by ANYTHING on this board... as you suggest, you can work the mouse and hasten right along and get where you believe you NEED to go.

All in ALL, Battlefront is VERY fair and tolerates more than most boards, which is good, because, as I have always said...

You don't MERELY want just nuts & bolts for breakfast, you also want to laugh and sing and ponder and be ASTOUNDED and also post serious stuff or some idiot nonsense as the Mood or Subconscious might strike you... literally. :eek:

There ain't ANY... FINAL SAY... other than what is occasionally offered by the Moderators... at least... there shouldn't be. ;)

As originally posted by Jim Boggs:

There are a few jolly jokesters that like to stir the pot, but I can be ignored easy enough. ;)

As I read this, you are saying that YOU are also a "jolly jokester!"

Good!

You'll live longer and have some honest clean fun along the way!!

I have NEVER been offended or affronted by ANYTHING on this board... as you suggest, you can work the mouse and hasten right along and get where you believe you NEED to go.

All in ALL, Battlefront is VERY fair and tolerates more than most boards, which is good, because, as I have always said...

You don't MERELY want just nuts & bolts for breakfast, you also want to laugh and sing and ponder and be ASTOUNDED and also post serious stuff or some idiot nonsense as the Mood or Subconscious might strike you... literally. :eek:

There ain't ANY... FINAL SAY... other than what is occasionally offered by the Moderators... at least... there shouldn't be. ;)

You act like we haven't even tried!. :D

LOL!

Ah Boggs, Boggs... the grease-paint

Is never far from... your reaching, beseeching Hand... now, if we could only pump-up

The volume - to Stupendous Loud!!... so we might

More easily notice... the tremble

In the grand-stand, and hear!!

The cheers!... the... roar of the Crowd!! :D

You act like we haven't even tried!. :D

LOL!

Ah Boggs, Boggs... the grease-paint

Is never far from... your reaching, beseeching Hand... now, if we could only pump-up

The volume - to Stupendous Loud!!... so we might

More easily notice... the tremble

In the grand-stand, and hear!!

The cheers!... the... roar of the Crowd!! :D

John Hammond

As the alleged ring leader I can honestly say there was no intention to throw any hostility in your direction nor are you intruding on anything.

Comrade refers to anyone with two or three or fewer posts than himself as a "Newbie," and sometimes seems to be, well, sort of intense. But you shouldn't be offended.

And speaking of offended, take my friend Jim Bogg's advice and wander over to the General Forum, where typing is an added challenge for so many of them who are in straight-jackets.

Also, way back in the foggy past, I wandered into this place and offered a thought. If you think you received a rough reception -- well, I'm not going into the details of what I got!

Jim Boggs

Better to be ring leader here than sit second chair on Wall Street! Okay, right, what I meant to say was, uh, better to be ringleader here than, uhh ... second, uh ...?

Immer

A good point, I interpret it to mean what this Forum lacks in tact, courtessy, friendliness and overall niceness it more than makes up for in ... hmmm ... well, we're working on it!

John Hammond

As the alleged ring leader I can honestly say there was no intention to throw any hostility in your direction nor are you intruding on anything.

Comrade refers to anyone with two or three or fewer posts than himself as a "Newbie," and sometimes seems to be, well, sort of intense. But you shouldn't be offended.

And speaking of offended, take my friend Jim Bogg's advice and wander over to the General Forum, where typing is an added challenge for so many of them who are in straight-jackets.

Also, way back in the foggy past, I wandered into this place and offered a thought. If you think you received a rough reception -- well, I'm not going into the details of what I got!

Jim Boggs

Better to be ring leader here than sit second chair on Wall Street! Okay, right, what I meant to say was, uh, better to be ringleader here than, uhh ... second, uh ...?

Immer

A good point, I interpret it to mean what this Forum lacks in tact, courtessy, friendliness and overall niceness it more than makes up for in ... hmmm ... well, we're working on it!

Cheesehead (aka John Hammond)

A few things:

1) My post was in no way directed at you personally.

2) The whole newbie thing was not the point of my post, I was explaining the facts that supported my conspiracy theory about SC 2.

3) There is nothing wrong with being a newbie, everyone is a newbie when they first start posting here (I was one Dec 2002).

Contrary to what Jersey said, I consider anyone who hasn't been here for more then a month a newbie and even then only after they become a full member (ie not a "Junior Member") do I no longer consider them a newbie.

For example, take a look at Curry, one of our fellow members. Not only have I been here 8 months longer then him, but I have over twice as many posts as well.

Does that mean I am "higher up" then him or that I am in some way better then him? No, it means nothing, I show him as much respect as I would show someone like JerseyJohn who has been here 3 months longer then me and who has a hell of a lot more posts then I do. It will be the same way with you.

Now, some would say I am a bit hard on newbies, and they're probably right. But it comes from many years of experience from posting on this board and a few others like it (although this is my main one).

There have been times when new members have come on here and immediately started disrespecting members who have been here for quite a long time, it is for that reason and others like it, that I am less tolerant of newbies then I would be of others. Is it fair? Probably not, but its life, everybody has to deal with being a newbie when they first starting posting here or on any forum for that matter.

I don't disrespect anyone for being a newbie, but I am less tolerant.

If you think I'm disrespectful to all newbies regardless of how well they behave, just ask Jim Boggs, he'll tell you I have a good side ;) .

Comrade Trapp

Cheesehead (aka John Hammond)

A few things:

1) My post was in no way directed at you personally.

2) The whole newbie thing was not the point of my post, I was explaining the facts that supported my conspiracy theory about SC 2.

3) There is nothing wrong with being a newbie, everyone is a newbie when they first start posting here (I was one Dec 2002).

Contrary to what Jersey said, I consider anyone who hasn't been here for more then a month a newbie and even then only after they become a full member (ie not a "Junior Member") do I no longer consider them a newbie.

For example, take a look at Curry, one of our fellow members. Not only have I been here 8 months longer then him, but I have over twice as many posts as well.

Does that mean I am "higher up" then him or that I am in some way better then him? No, it means nothing, I show him as much respect as I would show someone like JerseyJohn who has been here 3 months longer then me and who has a hell of a lot more posts then I do. It will be the same way with you.

Now, some would say I am a bit hard on newbies, and they're probably right. But it comes from many years of experience from posting on this board and a few others like it (although this is my main one).

There have been times when new members have come on here and immediately started disrespecting members who have been here for quite a long time, it is for that reason and others like it, that I am less tolerant of newbies then I would be of others. Is it fair? Probably not, but its life, everybody has to deal with being a newbie when they first starting posting here or on any forum for that matter.

I don't disrespect anyone for being a newbie, but I am less tolerant.

If you think I'm disrespectful to all newbies regardless of how well they behave, just ask Jim Boggs, he'll tell you I have a good side ;) .

Comrade Trapp

Originally posted by Comrade Trapp:

Comrade Trapp

Comrade Trapp: Go ahead TELL HIM

The surging flow of high capacity electrical circuits humms in delight then.....a scream:

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Jim Boggs: Okay... I'll tell him...

Another burst of voltage is sent through the system, arriving at the end of hastily placed leads attached to.....

ARGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Jim Boggs: Yes.. Comrade is warm and....caring....and......

Comrade Trapp: *Shakes Head* Passed out again. Sheesh, what a wuss! Anyway, as you can see, I am actually a very warm and caring person!

Any more questions?

:D

Originally posted by Comrade Trapp:

Comrade Trapp

Comrade Trapp: Go ahead TELL HIM

The surging flow of high capacity electrical circuits humms in delight then.....a scream:

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Jim Boggs: Okay... I'll tell him...

Another burst of voltage is sent through the system, arriving at the end of hastily placed leads attached to.....

ARGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Jim Boggs: Yes.. Comrade is warm and....caring....and......

Comrade Trapp: *Shakes Head* Passed out again. Sheesh, what a wuss! Anyway, as you can see, I am actually a very warm and caring person!

Any more questions?

:D