My conspiracy theory about SC 2.

Comrade Trapp

:confused:

Why do you say that John? Are you saying i am thick? Are you saying I am a couple watts short of an incandescent light bulb?? Are you calling me a few cows short of a herd? Why don't you just come and call me down!!!

I'm not so dense as to not know when I am not wanted somewhere ( although it does seem to happen to me more than to anyone else... can't really see why though).. I don't have to take these snide depreciations about my character.. I was once a star you know, I'm better than being reduced to being second clown out of the clown car at some roadside carnival!!!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you say that John? Are you saying i am thick? Are you saying I am a couple watts short of an incandescent light bulb?? Are you calling me a few cows short of a herd? Why don't you just come and call me down!!!

I'm not so dense as to not know when I am not wanted somewhere ( although it does seem to happen to me more than to anyone else... can't really see why though).. I don't have to take these snide depreciations about my character.. I was once a star you know, I'm better than being reduced to being second clown out of the clown car at some roadside carnival!!!! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ErrantRecce1:

[Marlon Brando Voice] I coulda been a contender[/Marlon Brando Voice] :D

Originally posted by ErrantRecce1:

[Marlon Brando Voice] I coulda been a contender[/Marlon Brando Voice] :D

More than an issue of thick-headedness, the Errant-Jersey incident has come to represent the young and restless rebelling against the old and rest-needful.

Despite the controversy over his recent remarks, Youthful supporters gather outside his fortified villa to express their love for the aging mainstay, flashing finger signals indicating he is still #1 in their hearts.

Visibly touched by the display, Jersey said, "Ah, they're good kids, I'll have the servants bring some beer and pretzels out for them -- not the imported stuff, mind you."

rioting.jpg

[ February 27, 2004, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

More than an issue of thick-headedness, the Errant-Jersey incident has come to represent the young and restless rebelling against the old and rest-needful.

Despite the controversy over his recent remarks, Youthful supporters gather outside his fortified villa to express their love for the aging mainstay, flashing finger signals indicating he is still #1 in their hearts.

Visibly touched by the display, Jersey said, "Ah, they're good kids, I'll have the servants bring some beer and pretzels out for them -- not the imported stuff, mind you."

rioting.jpg

[ February 27, 2004, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

they look so happy.. so peaceful.. so completely clueless as to what they are dealing with.. we need to pull out Logan's Run and see what it would take to get it up and running.. someone must have a plan somewhere.. I just know it would work.. and use those damned tottering relics... green.... food..... yeah.. soyent green, I love it when a plan comes together

;)

they look so happy.. so peaceful.. so completely clueless as to what they are dealing with.. we need to pull out Logan's Run and see what it would take to get it up and running.. someone must have a plan somewhere.. I just know it would work.. and use those damned tottering relics... green.... food..... yeah.. soyent green, I love it when a plan comes together

;)

As long as there's a plan!

And those happy faces, yes, so young and blissful and content in their common cause, whatever it happens to be. What I liked about that one is it obviously has nothing to do with race and they don't seem to be worried about being shot at ... guess I should have read the story!

Soylent Green -- Logan's Run -- you keep alive movies that died before you were born! smile.gif

There was a scene in Soylent where Edward G. Robinson delivered his line and, when the cameras stopped, everyone on the set broke into applause. Like most great actor farewell appearances I find Soylent difficult to watch.

So now I've got to contend with a plan ... hmmm, those little darlings have finished the beer and are staggering home to do their homework. I'll have the fence electrified tonight to discourage such future showings of affection.

But this plan I've heard about, hmmmmmmm ... ?

As long as there's a plan!

And those happy faces, yes, so young and blissful and content in their common cause, whatever it happens to be. What I liked about that one is it obviously has nothing to do with race and they don't seem to be worried about being shot at ... guess I should have read the story!

Soylent Green -- Logan's Run -- you keep alive movies that died before you were born! smile.gif

There was a scene in Soylent where Edward G. Robinson delivered his line and, when the cameras stopped, everyone on the set broke into applause. Like most great actor farewell appearances I find Soylent difficult to watch.

So now I've got to contend with a plan ... hmmm, those little darlings have finished the beer and are staggering home to do their homework. I'll have the fence electrified tonight to discourage such future showings of affection.

But this plan I've heard about, hmmmmmmm ... ?

I liked Logan's Run.. I read the book, the movie looked a whole lot more farfetched then I imagined from the book.

Soyent green was a really good movie, lots of good ideas.. screw population control at the south end... get'em at the north end.. think of the Social Security savings.. lol..

And Soyent Green came out in 1973, I was too born.. I was a whopping 4 months then.

Good ideas never go out of style.. :eek:

[ February 27, 2004, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: ErrantRecce1 ]

I liked Logan's Run.. I read the book, the movie looked a whole lot more farfetched then I imagined from the book.

Soyent green was a really good movie, lots of good ideas.. screw population control at the south end... get'em at the north end.. think of the Social Security savings.. lol..

And Soyent Green came out in 1973, I was too born.. I was a whopping 4 months then.

Good ideas never go out of style.. :eek:

[ February 27, 2004, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: ErrantRecce1 ]

Ture, most of the movies I like best came out before my birth as well -- then they started making talkies.

The author of Soylent Green used to hang out at one of my Greenwich Village Bleeker/Mulberry St haunts the same years I was hanging out there. I didn't know him but when he was pointed out to me I recognized him from several years of frequenting the place. The pointing out happened like this: One night, after the movie came out, someone pointed to a guy quietly having dinner and said, "Hey there's the guy who wrote Soylent Green" and he never came back. He should have waited a year or two, fame is always fleeting and the critics hated that movie.

A similar thing happened with a friend of mine named Johnny Marks. He wrote Rudolf the Rednose Reindeir and was an old man when I knew him. A hopeless chess player, he used to go down to the Marshall CC or Washington Square and piddle around. On several occasions I had the honor of being with him at elementary schools where he'd pop in and play the piano in a sing-along with little kids gathered all around him. It was great to watch, after a few minutes there'd be two distinct groups in the music room: Johnny and the kids, and me and the teacher.

His days at the Marshall ended when someone mentioned it in a magazine article and suddenly he couldn't move without someone wanting his autograph. And it wasn't even as though they wanted to know him, they just wanted him to sign something knowing he wouldn't be around much longer and it might someday be worth something. So he stopped showing up and later that year he died.

Anyhow, now that I've spread a little morbidity it's off to a wake. Us older folks get to attend them on a regular basis! Hopefully they'll have a buffet at this one.

Thirty-one, ah yes, I remember a time when I used to remember those days! :D

Ture, most of the movies I like best came out before my birth as well -- then they started making talkies.

The author of Soylent Green used to hang out at one of my Greenwich Village Bleeker/Mulberry St haunts the same years I was hanging out there. I didn't know him but when he was pointed out to me I recognized him from several years of frequenting the place. The pointing out happened like this: One night, after the movie came out, someone pointed to a guy quietly having dinner and said, "Hey there's the guy who wrote Soylent Green" and he never came back. He should have waited a year or two, fame is always fleeting and the critics hated that movie.

A similar thing happened with a friend of mine named Johnny Marks. He wrote Rudolf the Rednose Reindeir and was an old man when I knew him. A hopeless chess player, he used to go down to the Marshall CC or Washington Square and piddle around. On several occasions I had the honor of being with him at elementary schools where he'd pop in and play the piano in a sing-along with little kids gathered all around him. It was great to watch, after a few minutes there'd be two distinct groups in the music room: Johnny and the kids, and me and the teacher.

His days at the Marshall ended when someone mentioned it in a magazine article and suddenly he couldn't move without someone wanting his autograph. And it wasn't even as though they wanted to know him, they just wanted him to sign something knowing he wouldn't be around much longer and it might someday be worth something. So he stopped showing up and later that year he died.

Anyhow, now that I've spread a little morbidity it's off to a wake. Us older folks get to attend them on a regular basis! Hopefully they'll have a buffet at this one.

Thirty-one, ah yes, I remember a time when I used to remember those days! :D