What do you think about this idea?

Dragonheart

Wouldn´t it be a nice feature if SC2 would not only be a head to head game but also more players could play.? Every player takes command of one major power.

In former days i played Panzergeneral 1 online with up to 6 players. Every player took command of one single taskforce and one played 2vs2 3vs3 and some other combinations on original and customscenarios. This was giving tons of fun.

1buff%26rickchamps.jpg

Dragon that would be fun, I can imagine it like a super heavy weight all star world federation wrestling match. I can see Europe going to war again as the Duetsch speaking connection battles the Sweedish connection.

In this corner,,,,,,,,,

The Duetsch speaking connection.

Starting with the world famous and past world champion, computer mind - Terif the terrific. With his partner, the new phenom of the SC world - the Klingon Warrior from Vienna - Dragon!

Verses - in the other corner

The Swedish connection........

with the past world champ, known as the Air-King of SC, it's Zapp! Along with his partner, The new champ of the world league,banned for life from the battlefront forum for his many escapades, the beloved of many and hated by some, the controversial figure of SC, Kunni the Killer Sweed!

[ February 19, 2004, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Curry ]

Sounds very good to allow more than 2 players.

For example (2 vs 2):

Player 1 controls Germany

Player 2 controls Italy+German Minors

Player 3 controls UK+USA

Player 4 controls France+Russia

So, if France falls early, player 4 can go out eating dinner, go to the pub and come back 3 hours later to play Russia :D

[ February 19, 2004, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Sounds great a battle 2 vs 2 so you have 4 involved and witness for a game. Also for newer player this would be good as they would learn alot and much quicker

Some will have their favorite teammates..maybe we need also a league for pairs (couples?) then. :D

If not already implemented i hope that Hubert is now considering to rewrite his programm. ;)

Sorry for the delay of SC2 my friends but its worth it. tongue.gif

SC = simple.

Simple = fun.

SC2 = more fun smile.gif

I recall how much fun it was to play Advanced Third Reich.

Sure the game could be played by just two, but it was more fun arguing with your ally over "the right idea" of the conduct of the war.

It was nice that a new player could take the Italians, because its not like they could get into any reeeeeally big trouble the German player couldn't fix (if he wanted to smile.gif ).

It was fun being the Russian player, and being an absolute pain in the butt for the British player, and knowing so much depended on Russia's performance, that they had to at least listen to you. You just never knew if they were holding back on ya.

I think that would make SC2 a sure smashing thrill ride eh.

In EU2, Age of Empires, Rise of Nations and Empire Earth I had no trouble with messaging. In have a talk only to Allies, talk only to Enemies, talk to everyone, talk to an individual message options. Axis & Allies didn't have this option and people would use a Talk Program, like Roger Wilco or MSN back at the time. Especially when we played 2v2 Platoon.

<if a player goes as far as cheating to listening in, let them win tongue.gif they're that desperate >

WW2online, has a more advanced messaging system but it's a 3-d shootemup... Even still people using headsets and talk for the speed. Something not a requirement with SC, but eventually would become widely used with 4 players 2v2 or larger. Teamspeak in that game is like a radio. Not bad...