IS this a Wargameing forum or SlagFest Gangbang?

Hueristic

I can't read one thread without seeing the childish bickering that not only dtracts from the game but makes those doing it look imature and foolish. If u want to insult each other do it in one thread don't ruin every single thread with Wineing.

Here let me get all out for u all at once. WAAAAHHHH

He cheazted bawl!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like him(or her whomever)

(stomp ur feet here.

WAAHHHHHH

Cheater suck they always get found out and thier rep is ruined forever so if someone is then they will get busted.

If u can't prove it don't Accuse someone of it.

AND last but not least Grow UP!

I was impressed when i first came here by the Adult Attitudes. I even commented on it in one of my first threads.

But damn u boys are regressing. :rolleyes:

Hueristic,

I hear you but some of us have had enough with a certain troll and the moderators don't seem to want to deal it up.

If you check back and look at posts prior to Rambo's arrival you will only notice one or two guys acting weird.

Trolls live and their is no way to self-police, I would love it if you could even just be able to block them from the posts you start but it can't happen.

If you want to bash SC or fondle SC worshippers, or possibly, gasp, actually say something SC useful, you might not mind it in here tooo totally much.

If you want a real wargaming forum though, one that won't tolerate ramboish posts and or threads, I guess you will have to go and join a real wargaming forum eh.

I would not even be here if I didn't have the most mildest interest in seeing if SC2 will be closer to A3R.

I certainly don't come here for the Ramboish posts.

Perhaps it is the sacrifice we must make for indulging a simple game like SC. It attracts simple gamers, that think they are able to strut around acting like real wargamers.

I have not gotten a direct response from Rambonehead about sending me a copy of SC and proving I can't fold spindle and mutilate his pathetic little neo wargaming hide, specifically because he has no real skill, and can't handle the challenge.

I have exchanged wargames before in the mail at my expense, simply because real wargamers do that sort of thing.

Rambonehead, if you can't expend a few bucks to prove to THIS wargamer, you can walk the walk, then all you are is the talk.

And your talk isn't even half the talk on real wargaming forums.

It has been noted that the HOI forums run by Paradox have standards that are rigorously enforced by the moderators. The Wargamer forums are also well run and tend to maintain more mature discussions and debates about various wargaming topics. That's what moderators are for.

Battlefront should do a little more than they are to temper the childish and outrageous behaviour of some folks here. It one thing to have a little off-topic humor, to exagerate one's gaming abilities, or razz one's worthy opponents. But it's quite another to provoke heated debate by insulting other players, bringing up some variation of Nazi or Communist hero-worship, or (worst of all) attacking the game itself and offering hacking suggestions or other illegal ideas. That crap should be terminated, the offenders warned, and then ultimately banned if their behaviour continues.

For lack of vigilant moderators, this forum tends to drift off-course like some bad scene in "Lord of the Flies." That's unsatisfactory. I don't care for it. I for one will stand up like an adult and say something point blank to people like Rambo and tell them to knock it off. I usually end up with another handful of mud slung at my head and notice that not many other adults are standing up with me, but no matter. I've stood on the frontiers of freedom before to defend our values if even other people won't, because that's the kind of guy I am. Infantry officers are like that, and I are one. ;)

I encourage everyone to help make OUR forum a decent place to discuss Strategic Command topics. The game patches are final now, so we can focus more on WWII grand strategy discussions, scenario mod ideas, and AARs from completed games. Let's get a better idea of the pros and cons of various game settings and options combinations and how they affect play balance. Ultimately, we'll start debating SC2 ideas once Hubert decides on the final scale and scope of his next effort, but we should have a solid appreciation of ALL aspects of the current game before we start making big changes.

The easiest way to thwart trolls or flame threads is to ignore them...sure read them, but don't add any posts...some of you just can't help yourself and deem it necessary to respond to every single thread, which in turn causes others to do the same. So the contributors to such threads are just as guilty because they always tend to veer off into other undesirable topics or thoughts which just make the matter worse! I was just as guilty as others doing this, but I finally wised up...now I only point out the obvious in threads such as these...

What is needed is the "Son of Peng thread" for SC.

I don't know how many of you have spent time on the CM forum, but the rules there limit the trash-talking and slagging to a single thread, known as the Peng thread, where almost anything goes. Pengers can revel in the most infantile and witty flames, while the rest of the forum is free to ignore it or read it and enjoy it.

I diden't think i'd be posting in this thread again since i was only venting before but...

The easiest way to thwart trolls or flame threads is to ignore them..
JP is right on the money here when Trolls are ignored they just like **** "dry up and blow away".

ANd

What is needed is the "Son of Peng thread" for SC
Good idea bloody.

Also

Trolls live and their is no way to self-police, I would love it if you could even just be able to block them from the posts you start but it can't happen.
Don't we all ;)

I think I may have to plead guilty here. I try not to face fart folks, but I may have. I try not to get off topic, but I know I have done so.

For this, I sincerely apologize. And I stand with this apology.

This is a great forum for a great game with a bunch of very good people participating.

As my byline says, I love this game, and I will try to contribute to this forum. Unfortunately, there have been occasions when, I believe, I have detracted from it. That ends, as of this moment.

"Wisdom is strength with humility, guile without deception, knowledge shared but not preached"

Considering there is life after or before Battlefront for that matter, I am thinking I will settle more and more for getting my SC input and commentary on other real wargaming forums.

I am not really interested in waiting for the infantile to become non infantile.

It is much easier to let them make the SC forum as infantile as they like, and abandon them to it.

Either that, or Battlefront can make their forums as good as the other well known serious forums.

As this is their home forum, I would think they would want to give a good face to the public.

Being home to a bunch of infantile posters has as was commented elsewhere, is injurious to other persons considering their game for purchase.

I would like to point out that out of all the forums here at Battlefront, it is the SC forum that seems to have most of the problems. (Not pointing fingers at anyone). I know both the Matrix and Paradox forums and I would put BFC with both of them for usefulness and demeanor. [And they are both very good forums. (Ignoring the general forums for all three). I'm sure a lot of people don't come back to SC too often based on all the noise.

[ December 22, 2002, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Darren J Pierson ]

Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1b:

I have not gotten a direct response from Rambonehead about sending me a copy of SC...

Les, this is the second time I have seen you post this idea and I think you know what category this falls under. To be clear this is something that I strictly do not tolerate and have no patience for on these forums, consider this your fair warning.

Hubert

Originally posted by Bill Macon:

For lack of vigilant moderators, this forum tends to drift off-course like some bad scene in "Lord of the Flies." That's unsatisfactory. I don't care for it. I for one will stand up like an adult and say something point blank to people like Rambo and tell them to knock it off. I usually end up with another handful of mud slung at my head and notice that not many other adults are standing up with me, but no matter. I've stood on the frontiers of freedom before to defend our values if even other people won't, because that's the kind of guy I am. Infantry officers are like that, and I are one. ;)

I encourage everyone to help make OUR forum a decent place to discuss Strategic Command topics.

Well said Bill, for those of you not in the know, I am the SC designer and developer as well as one of the forum moderators. The job of forum moderator is not one that I really enjoy or truly want, but c'est la vie and of course it comes with the territory. I usually hope that things sort themselves out and only step in when I feel it is absolutely necessary, playing the role of forum cop does take away time from better things like enjoying my holidays, thinking about SC2 and programming/development in general so this may be something for everyone to keep in mind as well.

These are your forums, enjoy them, treat them and each other with respect and let's get back to the game and it's related material. I think everyone has had their bit of fun, and for the most part the self moderation has served itself well, but I do strongly agree that the time has come to clean things up a bit.

Thanks for your time,

Hubert

Hubert apologies, when I said "copy" I meant shell out the lousy 25 bucks and send me the game his expense.

Not a scammed "copy" but a genuine purchase.

Sorry if I implied by lousy wording, that I wanted him to steal your product.

Now if he was to actually buy the game, and prove he is the great gamer he says he is, odds are I would play it a few times, and mail it back to him, my expense.

But you and I both know, he is a worthless waste of skin. and this will never happen.

Perhaps it is the sacrifice we must make for indulging a simple game like SC. It attracts simple gamers, that think they are able to strut around acting like real wargamers.
Umm Sarge If u havn't played the game how can u call it simple? I for one find the lack of micromanagement a breath of fresh air. Is Chess a simple game? The moves are easy to learn But beat a master. ;)

[ December 23, 2002, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: Hueristic ]

, I am the SC designer and developer as well as one of the forum moderators. The job of forum moderator is not one that I really enjoy or truly want,
I know what u mean it's a thankless job. But u are the only moderator i have seen on this board since i reared my ugly head smile.gif

And i second the Motion of freeing this guy up some time to get the wheels turning on SC2 and Enjoy the holidays. I for one will not bitch again until jan. 1st. U have my word. No really...no i'm serious here. :D

• 4 months later...