SC 2 delayed

Dragonheart

Seems that SC 2 will come out much later than expected. So the hungry crowd is waiting and waiting and waiting.....many of them are just waiting and hoping others are still playing SC.

In another topic there was the question if ppl will go on playing SC when SC2 is out. I can only answer for myself...and its a "Yes" ...why?

Because SC will be still the best "Head-to-Head"-Strategic Game...and as SC2 will have only one purpose for me....to use the multiple player function and to have fun with 2vs2 or 3vs3 etc....Games. Dont think that there will be ever a league for teammates...so there will be alot of fungames.

Hey, I'm a SC addict, it's cheap entertainment & I LOVE IT. Never thought I'd get this wrapped up into a game smile.gif There's worse vices.

In my opinion, it might be tough to make a better game (SC2). I think Hubert go a little lucky with the French Campaign, how fun it is to play. I remember how off the balance was with MMP IT technology for Germany. Remember when 1-advancement got you 10% discount?

Anyhow, with Holiday season coming, the bad weather, plenty of sports to watch on T.V., family chilling out, I'm looking for some serious gaming.

Anybody for a Christmas Marathon gaming session? Mini-Tourney? Smackdown?

"Name it" --- Rambo from the movie Rambo

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Anyhow, with Holiday season coming, the bad weather, plenty of sports to watch on T.V., family chilling out, I'm looking for some serious gaming.

Anybody for a Christmas Marathon gaming session? Mini-Tourney? Smackdown?

"Name it" --- Rambo from the movie Rambo

Another Turkey Shootout session? Would be fine as none of us must play during regular sleeping time.

To get up early at 08.00am isnt that huge problem for you and for us euros playing arround 3-4 pm isnt that affair too....provided it doesnt deny family business. Let´s make a 2 games shootout (axis and allies) with the same fixed bid for a couple of Top-Cracks or some interested promising players.

I stopped playing Third reich when they came out with Advanced Third Reich, but really, it was just Third Reich with some improvements.

Some games come out, and version 2 or 3 or whatever is really just the first version with some glitches ironed out.

Some games come out, and the people that made the next version thought to be needlessly cute and buggered up an otherwise good game.

To my thinking, SC2 is currently in the middle but closer to the original than directly in the center.

All I think I have lost out on, is a hex grid.

But I think a lot of the weaker areas of original SC will be gone.

A good example of a good idea gone really bad. might be Combat Leader (believe it or not).

It isn't here, and people saying "it will be out when it's done" gets less and less easy to have faith in as the years pass by.

What do I think was the single biggest mistake of Combat Leader? It I think has tried to be TOOOOO great.

Matrix Games got off the ground with their reborn Steel Panthers, but lets face it, you don't get rich giving out a free game. Especially when you get to foot the bill for the bandwidth used up in all those downloads.

It's a pity they didn't just get out a game "as good as" Steel Panthers, but coded for Windows and solely owned by them alone.

They might today be already finished both an Eastern Front starting module and maybe a starting module for modern, and be well into marketing add on Massive Campaign secondary sales.

I have largely moved on where Combat Leader is concerned.

I have the full range of Steel Panthers World at War and all 4 Mega Campaigns. They run fine.

When SP Camo releases their Windows revamped editions of SPWW2 and SPMBT, mostly SPMBT their modern offering, I think it will doom any real future for Combat Leader for producing a modern module.

I think once Hubert gets SC2 out the door, it will be time for him to branch out into other whimsical variations of usage of his basic software.

I hope he doesn't waste time on graphics though. I don't want anything in 3d real time that's for damn sure.

But I think his software is over all solid well designed and easy to use.

Easy to use, probably the single biggest perk to get right if you ask me.

I would buy an SC3 in a heart beat likely for say post WW2 battles.

I think he could do a great job with a decently designed Korea, or battles in the Middle East.

Yes I know, there will be an editor in SC2.

But editors have their limits.

If SC2 doesn't make it till next summer or even next fall, I will get over it. But that's because HC did such a damned fine job with SC really.

In spite of some of the design boo boos and misteps, it is frankly one of the best wargames for computer I have ever had the pleasure to play.

SC is one of the VERY few wargames I keep handy on a cd, so that if I go away from home I know I can load it up where I am at and enjoy it when I have the time (and trust me, being stuck at parents while visiting in Ottawa, it's the only thing keeping me sane some days hehe).

Personally I'd like to upgrade! I love SC it was unique and had a lot of oldtime qualities

out with the old and in the with the new! ;)

I'm looking forward to a new interface, that is modern and for adding more strategic possibilities, One can only hope that SC2 lives up to the Original

Playing the same ole map, same ole options, gets old. Detail doesn't neccesarily ruin a game, if the DETAIL is Accurate & Good