Good AI attack scenario

I've been playing with developing scenarios, watching the AI and how it pitifully attacks (can't imagine any armies attacking like that in real life) and was wondering if there are any scenarios that really highlight how to make good attacks using the AI. I've learned a few tricks, but would like to see a scenario that does it well. Only have BO at this time, but maybe CMAK soon.

This reminds me of another question: Does the AI improve in BB or AK?

(Don't want to sound too harsh. I'm sure it was tough for the designers to make the AI even as good as it is).

Thanks. smile.gif

Well DS

Those were built a long time ago and I focused more on the IP/PBEM capacity at that time however you could try:

Bone dry and Hurtin as the US vs the German AI

Village Fracas as either side versus the AI

Pissing off the Pope US vs German AI

Pissing and Village have been remade in CMAK, Bone dry is in the shipyard awaiting conversion.

Oh yes the HSG suggestion is good too, played that and found it rewarding.

I was always amazed about the way the AI made his attack in my CMBO-scenario GRAND HALLEUX. It was designed to play as a human player against attacking AI led forces. You can read for your self the AAR 's and comments of some very nice people -well some of them- at the Scenario Depot, look under CMBO-battles and select index "G" or search for "grand halleux"

Or you can look at some previews and settings at my web-page, see link below. Download available at both sites. Play as US against AI.

Thanks all for the suggestions. I will check them out. In fact, I'm going to go look up Grand Halleux right now. Getting the AI to fight right in CM is an interesting challenge. I'm enjoying look at the way others did it and developing a map myself which will draw the AI into a fight that makes logical sense and isn't just throwing lots of firepower at me. When they come out with the next version of CM I have one major wish for the AI--and that is that improve command and control. One of the things I can't believe when I see it is how the squads just amble away from their platoon leader. After all the talk we hear about how important it is to keep radio contact.... This one improvement would make a BIG difference in how the AI holds up.