Excuse me but.........

Cauldron

I totally disagree with you. HC had lots of issues (as do many games), but the biggest one was the AI.

I've played a number of games (demos) of SC now, and have had different outcomes because the AI is a trickster (well, it plays differently).

It's also much easier to play this game.

Besides, I don't have to mess with config.sys and autoexec.bat to run it! (Thank you Bill!)

Finally, I think it's going to be sold for only $25. That's a bargin!

Give it a few playings and maybe you'll turn away from the darkside! ;)

Aloid

Oh yeah, it also looks like GDW's Europa...

if you squint your eyes, stand on your head, and forget that it is a board game at the divisional level...

Hubert, think you can crank that one out next?

:D

And don't get side tracked by all this blather!

Aloid

this game may have borrowed from others but it is a totally awesome stand alone game in its self...i played every game on huberts list and all i could think of was "when is a game that takes the best from these" going to come out....MY HAT IS OFF TO THE CREATOR OF THIS GAME...there may be probs but that is what a beta is for...to iron those out...i for one cannot wait for the final release and am eagerly anticipating the hours of fun i will have....

joe

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

Thanks guys, it's just after a while of hearing that your game is just like 6 or 7 other games it starts to get pretty funny and I couldn't resist ;)

im going to take it that you made the game then?...if so hubert than congradulations you have a great game...love it and cannot wait to play it...for more than a year that is.... smile.gif

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

Thanks guys, it's just after a while of hearing that your game is just like 6 or 7 other games it starts to get pretty funny and I couldn't resist ;)

Makes you wonder what they expected.

Hmm, let's see, a strategic level game of WWII in Europe. What would that look like?

Personally, I don't see why there are not more spaceships. Also, I would like to be able to raise my INfantry tech, so I could make Starship Troopers. Finally, why no Hover-Tanks?

On a side note, I think the Germans should be able to purchase Old Grandpa Corps (GeezerTroopen) to defend the homeland.

So far, this game is just like COMBAT MISSION, except on a larger scale...