When will We Know?

They will release the game when it's done, so just sit back and relax in a comfortable chair, grab a good book about Finland and enjoy a Cola light (in Norway Cola Diet is called Cola Light, opposed to standard Cola which is called Cola Heavy. Cola Light is the heaviest drink any 14 year old can drink :D )

Cheers ;)

~Norse~

Originally posted by MrWinterbottom:

When the planets are in proper alignment.

I have heard that it will help if you run around your house naked four times under a full moon.

Give it a try.

So we have to wait for Moon to finish his lunch before we start dancing? Sounds kinda strange or somfink... ;)

Aloid

Originally posted by Carl Von Mannerheim:

<snip>

Thank god we just call it coke, here in america,

Well, "we" didn't decide to call it Cola Light. It was the Cola Corp headquarters from the US who got their hands on a report which concluded that the stomach of kids under 15 just didn't handle regular Cola! That is why they decided to call it Cola Light, so that kids can enjoy Cola too ;) It is an experiment from the Cola HQ really, once the reports have been confirmed then they will change the name to Cola Light all over the world (espesically in the US, where the government have already asked that it'll be called Cola Light: For Kids). LOL :D

by the way, what part of Norway you live in?

Oslo, the capital. It has a harbour in SC ;) Now you know what your primary objective will be in SC lol

ps: SC will be released when it is done :D

Originally posted by Aloid:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrWinterbottom:

I have heard that it will help if you run around your house naked four times under a full moon.

Give it a try.

So we have to wait for Moon to finish his lunch before we start dancing? Sounds kinda strange or somfink... ;)

Aloid</font>

Anyone remember Coke and Coke Classic? Also very funny from a marketing point of view!

But regarding Norway: I just recently had an interesting discussion with some folks from the Norwegian Department of Defense: Actually Norway has no more subs than Germany (yea, talking about present day) - and even Germany cut them down to a silly number...

Just a funny example for all you American people (should I call them "Yankees", as in "the Jerry Generals"? ;-} ) who don´t know, how it is to live with a tight defense budget ;-}

Oh, and does anyone remember the European Fighter Aircraft discussion? After years of discussion, they build a plane, that is outperformed by the latest generation of US planes - but they do fly, while the European aircraft is still in testing.

I guess, this one was off topic. Sorry!

Originally posted by Norse:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Carl Von Mannerheim:

<snip>

Thank god we just call it coke, here in america,

Well, "we" didn't decide to call it Cola Light. It was the Cola Corp headquarters from the US who got their hands on a report which concluded that the stomach of kids under 15 just didn't handle regular Cola! That is why they decided to call it Cola Light, so that kids can enjoy Cola too ;) It is an experiment from the Cola HQ really, once the reports have been confirmed then they will change the name to Cola Light all over the world (espesically in the US, where the government have already asked that it'll be called Cola Light: For Kids). LOL :D

by the way, what part of Norway you live in?

Oslo, the capital. It has a harbour in SC ;) Now you know what your primary objective will be in SC lol

ps: SC will be released when it is done :D </font>

From Norse:

They will release the game when it's done, so just sit back and relax in a comfortable chair, grab a good book about Finland and enjoy a Cola light (in Norway Cola Diet is called Cola Light, opposed to standard Cola which is called Cola Heavy. Cola Light is the heaviest drink any 14 year old can drink )

Do you make them from your leftover (from WWII) stocks of "Heavy water" and regular(i.e. "light") water? ;)

Originally posted by wbs:

Do you make them from your leftover (from WWII) stocks of "Heavy water" and regular(i.e. "light") water? ;)

Better be careful or you'll have a squadron of Mosquitos flying down your fjord! ;)

We don't want that now, do we?

Aloid

[ July 09, 2002, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Aloid ]

Originally posted by sheepshooter:

But regarding Norway: I just recently had an interesting discussion with some folks from the Norwegian Department of Defense: Actually Norway has no more subs than Germany (yea, talking about present day) - and even Germany cut them down to a silly number...

Just a funny example for all you American people (should I call them "Yankees", as in "the Jerry Generals"? ;-} ) who don´t know, how it is to live with a tight defense budget ;-}

Oh, and does anyone remember the European Fighter Aircraft discussion? After years of discussion, they build a plane, that is outperformed by the latest generation of US planes - but they do fly, while the European aircraft is still in testing.

I guess, this one was off topic. Sorry!

Why the hell do you bring such a disrespectful and distasteful post to the Strategic Command discussion forum?? I see you itch for "proving" why "your" people are better than "my" people. This does not belong here, bring it somewhere else.

Moderators? Please prevent this from becoming one of thoose riddicolus Europe vs America spam-threads. Only idiots post this kind of filth.

What makes you think Norway needs tons of submarines anyway, we are members of Nato, and if we are in trouble then we get help by the powerful USA. AND VICE VERSA, the first thing Norway did after 11th September was to send our prime minster to Washington D.C. with a moneybag, the money were given to fund schools for poor children in that city - it was symbolic, to show our support. Our Prime-minister also offered ANY help USA would want from us, it was just to name it. That is why our elite mountain-troops are fighting in Afganistan right now, because US asked for it. Also Norway just sold tech for the Norwegian "Stealth-Frigate" to USA, something the US lacked until we invented it. Likewise, Norway breeds many successful diplomats. So there, can you please shut up trying to make us look bad. Thank you, end of discussion. No more replies from me.

Give it a try.

DO NOT EVEN THINK OF IT!

Martin

Originally posted by wbs:

Depends on who is buying it.... *grin* ;)

You see, this is perfect murder. Socialize with someone you don't like much, and make sure they only drink Cola made with Heavy water... then after 3 months or so, suggest that you all go swimming and push them out in the water... *PLOOP!!* whomever that was aint floating back up :D mwhahahaha

--------------------

General Lee:"Why don't you attend to your men Pickett?"

Pickett:"I have no more men, general Lee."

Pickett never forgave General Lee for ordering that charge

[ July 09, 2002, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Norse ]

Hiya there Norse an all. Jus wanted to say a bit for thought. I have been to Tromso a couple of times in the last few years (sailor dude) and lemme jus say that the people there are awesome, and unlike most of the rest of the world, they're one of the few countries of which the bulk of a nations peoples do not have any desires whatsoever to move (export) to the US for a better way of living etc..., or any other country for that matter. They have a clean and non-violent view of life and have much desire to stay put. They have a type of culture that I would love to settle down in and could be satisfied with for the rest of my days. You know, that cozy everyone knows everyone small town, country type living. Now that, to me at least, says alot. The only reason I could see me wanting to leave there was the fact that a pint of brewsky was around 7.50 (USD) at the time and funds were drying up fast tongue.gif cheers...

[QB]They will release the game when it's done, so just sit back and relax in a comfortable chair...

Cheers ;)

I'm not so sure. OK call me a wacky conspiracy theorist but hear me out. Hubert & the Beta Boys produce a demo for a basic premise of a game, promise a vague release date and then get bombarded with great ideas for improving this basic demo into a reasonably playable strategy game. Some of the responses they get even reveal serious flaws in the system. So serious that they need additional time to work them out. A fictitious character named "hags" is introduced by H&BB on the forum and who supposedly has cracked the secret of "SC". Alas more time is bought, a sympathetic following is appeased momentarily and back to the drawing board with SC. But for how long this time? ;)

Watchdog - Hags is real, as is what he did. There would be absolutely no reason for Battlefront to give people with the requisite know-how a virtual road map for turning the beta demo into a playable facsimile of the full game.

Sorry to burst that conspiracy bubble.

Wow - I didn´t even know, what I intended to say, actually, I didn´t think at all about any "meaning" and certainly, I didn´t mean to be disrespectful to Norway or the USA!

Please accept my apologies, I certainly was not up to insult you or any other Norwegian. I just thought, it was funny, that a country with such a great "naval border" had so little subs, and I tried to explain with that fighter aircraft statement, that it´s not better in "my" country at all!

I have a few colleagues in Norway whom I see on a regular basis, and they belong to the coolest people I met - none of them would ever think of me as being "anti-Norwegian", but of course, as you do not know me personally, my post was probably written bad enough to cause this p.o.v.

Sorry - won´t happen again :-}

Why the hell do you bring such a disrespectful and distasteful post to the Strategic Command discussion forum?? I see you itch for "proving" why "your" people are better than "my" people. This does not belong here, bring it somewhere else.

Moderators? Please prevent this from becoming one of thoose riddicolus Europe vs America spam-threads. Only idiots post this kind of filth.

What makes you think Norway needs tons of submarines anyway, we are members of Nato, and if we are in trouble then we get help by the powerful USA. AND VICE VERSA, the first thing Norway did after 11th September was to send our prime minster to Washington D.C. with a moneybag, the money were given to fund schools for poor children in that city - it was symbolic, to show our support. Our Prime-minister also offered ANY help USA would want from us, it was just to name it. That is why our elite mountain-troops are fighting in Afganistan right now, because US asked for it. Also Norway just sold tech for the Norwegian "Stealth-Frigate" to USA, something the US lacked until we invented it. Likewise, Norway breeds many successful diplomats. So there, can you please shut up trying to make us look bad. Thank you, end of discussion. No more replies from me.[/QB]

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Give it a try.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DO NOT EVEN THINK OF IT!

Martin

How about we run around Moons house for four days or at least until they tell us when the release date might be :D