Hubert: Rhine and Oder

Straha

Thanks, Hubert, for correcting the Rhine. This really improves the situation for late-war scenarios. smile.gif

Could we do the same with the Oder, too? Actually, the border was East of the river throughout. Best solution would be this (based on SuperTed's screenshot): the second river hex from the North stays in place, but the third river hex should turn to the South-West, so that the Panzer unit is actually East of the river (in the area of Kuestrin). Already the fourth hex should again introduce a turn to the South-East. The rest of the river is ok then.

The German territory should include all Oder hexes, and, accordingly, some armies of army group South should be moved there.

Finally, there should probably be another mountain hex to the North-West of Prague.

Straha

PS: I couldn't find a very good online map, but this one

http://occawlonline.pearsoned.com/bookbind/pubbooks/brummett_awl/chapt er33/medialib/thumbs/ch33_900.html

shows the Oder and the borders correctly.

[ April 27, 2002, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Straha ]

Well I'm sure there will be a ton of stuff that people would like changed, and I'll tell you now that I am not going to change everything, and most likely nothing else after at this point unless it is a glaring error on my part as was the case with Silesia.

tongue.gif

Other than that keep it coming :cool:

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

Well I'm sure there will be a ton of stuff that people would like changed, and I'll tell you now that I am not going to change everything, and most likely nothing else after at this point unless it is a glaring error on my part as was the case with Silesia.

tongue.gif

Don't worrry, I was just kidding. smile.gif With all my nagging about geography, I just want to be of help, though. Some seemingly minor geographical issues (like rivers and mountains) were of great strategic importance, as were the location of certain key resources (like the Ruhr area) and major cities, of course.

I appreciate your patience and feel honored that you took my suggestions into account at all. smile.gif

Straha

[ April 27, 2002, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Straha ]

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

tongue.gif

As long as Halifax looks like the Garden of Eden, then I will have no complaints about the map. smile.gif