Supply Bug

komninosm

I am playing a game with the AI and my 3 German tanks and 2 armies invaded Yugoslavia from the north with a HQ following them. The weird thing is that my units don't get supply from it or are attached to it correctly. Manstein (the only HQ around) only attaches the units 3 hexes away from him and there are no partisans or Yugoslavian troops anywhere (except Belgrade ofcourse). OK 1 tank is in a mountain hex, 5 hexes away so it may not be eligible, but what about the rest who have clear hexes between them and the HQ? And why is supply wrong as well as attachment? My only guess is that Manstein is behind the border line of Yugoslavia and that somehow affects the count, but why?

PS: I have a save if you need it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No supply/HQ command bug - during your turns it is correct. Only if you save and reload the turn, it seems to be an optical error at your already moved units there (i.e. no effect on gameplay). When you end the turn the display is updated and correct again.

Yoda giving lectures on reloads now? :D;)

Someone has been leaking the information about the Yoda Class Schedule to me.

Here is what a typical Yoda class schedule look like

Mondays - Basic known rules (according to the manual)

Tuesdays - Reloads, Sniffers and MPP cheat.

Wednesdays - SC Strategies (The Terif Cookie Cutter for instance)

Thursdays - Bitching theory (tech bitching, roll bitching, slow play bitching and DOW readiness bitching)

Fridays - Flaws, Bugs and hidden features

Saturdays - PE (Physical exercise to improve concentration and stamina to win the long games)

Sundays - goto the Panzerliga SC Church (worshipping)

:D

[ July 12, 2005, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

@Zapp:

OMG - I knew it was a mistake to play you a last time...you really can´t bear to loose... :rolleyes:

Back to smack talk, detractions, side blows and other nice comments in the forum, eh ? Do you really have nothing better to do with your time than your mud slinging crusade ?

In the meantime I can only pitty you and hope to never meet such a person in real life :(

Yupp. Some ppl prefer bitch talk in the AAR's and some ppl prefer regular forum smack talk instead :D

I have no trouble accepting losses. In fact, I am quite pleased with my performance despite losing 1-3 because no other player on the planet would have won more than that in a best of 5. Accepting a loss is IMO when you do not come up with excuses. All the tech bitching, slow play bitching, luck bitching or "Your public tests some time ago with Hombreplin´s cheat program how to cheat during TCP is not really increasing the trust especially combined with your obvious will to beat me at all costs" or "I really hope you had enough honour not to do it" are they not excuses? Yes they are, son. :D

I think I just wrote it ONCE on forum that your turns after Barbarossa often take over 10 minutes but that was AFTER you had bitched about all the above and more. Facts are, after Barbarossa begin your turns are most often slower than mine. I would not bitch about it normally, but now I have good reasons for doing it.

Rambo, Dragonheart, Kuniworth me and all the rest sometimes biotch too, but we do not do it to the extent of robbing the opponent of the achievement of playing a good game of SC or to not acknowledge and respect the opponents "game".

For instance if I lose a game I would say "I had some bad luck but he played a good game too". I would not say "This was the only game of my 100-500 games where I lost only to luck factors, nothing else".

Your "I have 5 chits Jet for x years plus catchup, still nothing" will, if you repeat it in a few games more, be rated more classic than Rambos: "Waste of time" phrase, while you in reality prolly spend more chits on IT (with Germany) than any other area and therfore most often lag behind in most other techs, but use catchup instead.

I almost never bitch in the AAR's (sometimes yes, but I do no strive towards it) but instead I try to accept my opponent had a better game and made a good performance. Also, I try to not neglect or ridicule my opponents performances. Can the same be said about you?

I did nothing to take away anything from you this best of 5 and the last best of 5 some months ago but eventually when I see the same pattern repeating itself (bitching) I will take notice and strike back as the Zapp Skywalker I am :D

Both this best of 5 and the last one, started because Zapp Skywalker won quite alot wins and then when some ppl started questioning your Champ status you offered games to defend the honor, nothing else.

[ July 12, 2005, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

You guys should marry ...

Indeed a loss is a loss. SC is about strategy and luck. Sometimes you lose games to luck, rolls no matter how good you are. It is annoying but it is happening and you got to deal with it. But if you opponent won, it is not 100% because of luck. Because a stupid player won't win no matter jets 100 he got the first 2 turns. You need a bit of skill to make real use of your luck or opponent's bad luck.

@Terif -> dewd, you damn well know you're the PRIZE. The most coveted prize of any SCer out there. A win against you is worth more in the eyes of the community than 20 wins against any other player. I closely followed your AARs and in both recent losses you had (vs Avatar and Zapp) you had quite some nice quantity of bad luck/rolls. OTOH, you very well know that it doesn't matter :D:D:D The fact is some guys managed it and for them this is worth more than anything in SC.

How many times Avatar tried to beat you using sick aggro allied defences / gambles? I lost count. But he did it once. And if you play him 20 more games, probably it will happen one more time.

How many times Zapp tried this using the same pattern - ultra aggro allied defences / gambles? I lost count to that as well. If you play him enough more games, he will beat you again once.

Does it demonstrate that you are a weaker player than them? Absolutely not. Like Rambo said, when it comes to series play, on must win the series.

And you just did and proved you're still the best player.

On the other hand, both Avatar and Zapp knew exactly how to exploit their luck/your bad luck. A lot of players would have lost against you even having this luck. So there goes a Bravo to them for being good players and knowing to seize the opportunity.

Re: Bitching about techs/rolls. Everybody is doing it so why Terif wouldn't? How can you not be p*ssed off when you research sh*t for 2 years and you got lvl 1 ? Zapp, how you would have reacted in his place? Come on guys, be reasonable.

Re: being an asshole. Zapp, will you quit being one? :D

You know we get along very well and play a lot of times. I got nothing against you.

But Terif has :D Because you said a lot of bad words one to another in the past. Maybe Terif can't take a 'joke' from you. Deal with that and leave the man alone. 'Yoda giving lectures on realoads' and **** like this won't make you two guys get along any better. And you will just accomplish to deprive the forum readers of good AARs in the future ;)

You're both 2 great guys and great players. Terif is more serious , you are more 'Rambo-ish'. If you two guys could cut the bullsh*t and just have the required respect for eachother, we could see more exciting games played by you two, more funny talk in the AARs (without insults and suspicions, ofc). It ain't that hard FFS.

@Hellraiser:

Fully agreed (except your first sentence...lol ;) ).

If someone wins vs me he has certainly achieved a good level of gameplay or else all luck wouldn´t help him smile.gif .

Avatar pushed the luck, but also did a really good job when he got the opportunity - defended southern France very good and so earned his win by surprising me with some new tactics there.

In Rambo´s case it was definitely his new strategy (RACK)where I was not prepared against that killed me in the first game, this was a victory where he can be proud of smile.gif .

Zapp also played solid, but in his case it was not the strategy or good game play why he won. But he acted like his strategy would be the greatest thing in the world - which it is not, and which he now perhaps slowly recognizes too after more games have been played and this strategy now comes out of fashion because of the disadvantages.

In the game, Zapp has my respect - he is a solid player. But in the forum he lost it a long time ago and proves it again and again - like in his post here in this thread.

In the forum all he can do is start rumours, detractions and smear campaigns in all forms.

On one side it is admirable with which meticulousness he searched in the past all forum posts for sentences or words I posted he can use against me - and if he didn´t find one he simply started another made up smear campaign for provocation so he would get new material.

But on the other side I really have enough from his behaviour and especially his habbit to write post after post analyzing every word of a reply to turn it around in someones mouth...

So I will surely not try any more to debilitate his various attempts with facts, because this is useless as the past proved - it only leads to dozens of new nice threads with made up stories of him so in the end nobody knows any more how it started - which is perhaps the purpose why he usually does it.

However - if he leaves me alone, I will do the same.

Originally posted by hellraiser:

If you two guys could cut the bullsh*t and just have the required respect for eachother

Dude, the AAR's are out there. This best of 5 and last best of 5 were both the same. My behaviour was exemplary while he started already game #1 with all sorts of bitching from his side plus being disrespectful and showing no recognition at all on my "game" no matter if he lost or won. In the AAR he wrote

"Yep - if I would have lost it because of a good opponent... :D but this is my first game lost only to tech and other luck factors... tongue.gif "

FFS, how far can megalomenacy go?

If he won it would be because I use obselete strategies or that I cannot play long games, just luck games.

If he lost, he would have prestated every luck factor in the game that went my way and blame them

[ July 13, 2005, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Originally posted by Terif:

Zapp also played solid, but in his case it was not the strategy or good game play why he won. But he acted like his strategy would be the greatest thing in the world - which it is not, and which he now perhaps slowly recognizes too after more games have been played and this strategy now comes out of fashion because of the disadvantages.

Think about it. I use a strategy that gives disadvantage and win with it. Would not that mean my performance must be even better in order to win?

I win my games not because of strategy or good play (instead it must be luck) while Avatar earns his win???

You only bring up the things u are unlucky with. You never bring up that you might be sitting with German L4 IT with just 2-3 chits. I often invest ZERO in IT. If I invested (as Germany) my first 3-5 chits in IT and then somewhere in the mid-game started buying jet chits late, I would also be expected to start Barbarossa with L0 jets. I do not believe you always have bad luck with German jets. When you play Allies, you get jets before Barbarossa since there is just Jets and Range to invest in for UK. For Germany, I am very certain your main focus is Industrial Technology.

Show the ppl your IT levels at the end phase of the game number one and game number four (long games where you are axis).

Reveal your password and let ppl load your save, else stop blaming bad luck.

Originally posted by Terif:

In the game, Zapp has my respect - he is a solid player.

That is just words. When the games end, it takes like 3 lines of chat and perhaps 1 minute before you run away with a "CU".

[ July 13, 2005, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

The fact that in the AARs he showed a sort of superior attitude and wrote a bunch of 'cocky' phrases ... well, we all do that sometimes ... even more when i think of you, me, rambo who like to get involved into smack talks all the time :D

If you were a weak player, you wouldn't have won against him no matter what sick luck you had - i fully agree.

Since it is not the case, your skill mattered as well along with the luck. You know it, he knows it - he told this publicly in this thread: 'In the game, Zapp has my respect - he is a solid player.'

Stay calm, he won't kiss you for being a solid player, but at least the man was fair to admit it.

And again, we all bitch and moan about luck / techs - why terif can't do that? Just because he's no #1, it doesn't make him 100% right all the time, doesn't take away his right to be pissed off at rolls/tech or to get angry, doesn't mean that every player out there should follow blindly his lead, or opinion on whatever matter.

You didn't bitch about the trigger hexes near brussels? You see, we are all BITCHES :D:D:D

When ppl will stop bitching, SC will lose its flavour ...

You two guys, just get over it and play for entertaining the crowd. Now wouldn't it be better?

I told you Hellraiser. We all biotch sometimes, but not to the extent of every single game against a certain opponent starting to pile up all the "bad lucks" in case of a loss. We sometimes biotch being in the heat of action, not just for the sake of robbing the opponent of a performance.

People now say to me, "Seems you got luck out of the ordinary in game #1" just because Terif has such fine persuasive writing and mostly because I myself do not try to write down all my bad luck just to convince ppl or give them a false description of the truth.

The unthinkable... maybe Terif wasn't having bad luck in Game #1 but was being outplayed... :eek:

The late Tech advances for Allies were not so important instead it was important that Russia improved their starting jet technology so that Allies could exploit their 17-8 odds in striking unis (air+carriers).

He has ignored every single post where I point out that he might be an Industial Technology addict. If he really wants to write about bad luck and good luck, why keep certain information top secret and just giving half the truth? Something fishy here...

Just viewing his prolly high IT could answer alot of his all too often lag behinds in other techs.

[ July 13, 2005, 07:10 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

The man told you you were a solid player. What the f*ck you want more? Him to kiss your @ss in recognition of your skills?

Come on Zapp, leave it, it doesn't make sense anymore to pedal on this subject...you'd better improve your crappy ZCC - i am RWA to crush it when I get my ass at home ;)

It does not matter much if he says "Zapp is a solid player" here just to act the nice guy and then continues to writing in the style of "here is the bad luck story of how Zapp won a game soley on luck" in the AAR's.

As I said before, sometimes when I beat up ppl that I have not played they often get surprised that I can play beyond Paris. They think I am a lucky techer, lucky roller and a mediocre gambler.

From where does players get such biased information so that their encounter with Legend style becomes a shock to them?

Writing several AAR's with intent to Paranthesis a player followed by a "I respect him, he is a solid player" and in this same topic write that i won my game not because of strategy... not because of good play...meaning???

He wrote "Things are looking better now for Axis". That was after I had already taken Oslo, Denmark and half of Germany, just 3-5 turns before he surrendered. When he surrendered he wrote his ground units were in good shape but that he could not fight the Allied tech advantages.

Those swings are just his exaggeration style that I get tired of eventually. He got outteched but was already toast anyway. That, he wont write because it wont fit his hidden agenda of "skill-Terif vs luck-Zapp".

Terif used the last few irrelevant tech advances as a shield

I am very sure i can sense Respect, Sportsmanship and Morale and the lack of it. I am very sure it is not just imaginatory, thankyou very much! :cool:

[ July 13, 2005, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Originally posted by hellraiser:

The man told you you were a solid player. What the f*ck you want more? Him to kiss your @ss in recognition of your skills?

Come on Zapp, leave it, it doesn't make sense anymore to pedal on this subject...you'd better improve your crappy ZCC - i am RWA to crush it when I get my ass at home ;)

You leave it.

I think you, me , terif know the weight of a word. When I say 'You suck', I know exactly what I want to pass with that phrase. When I say 'You are a good player', again I know exactly what I mean.

Your posts here sound like you need some fresh fuel for whatever reason and I was just posting an opinion that it is not the case. It may not be the same opinion as yours, but it is not my problem to worry.

To quote a classic still alive: 'Waste of time, off to work'

My posts here are about that I am fed up of the superior behaviour in the AAR's when all I want is just a good fair match. Do not get me wrong here. I will NOT get pissed off at someone writing smack towards me on forum or AAR (unless they accuse me of cheating) normally but if someone game after game after game has intent to and is working towards publicly downevaluate me and my "game", then I will bitch back.

If someone offers me "game" I assume they do that because they wanna play me. I do not start assuming hidden agendas, in this case protecting some built up glory and with mission to stomp my performances, playing style and skills to the ground using clever writing technique.

When I (and others I play) biotch each others in an AAR it happens occasionally, sporadically and in the heat of action. However, if someone is trying to MAXIMIZE the bitching (by using every opportunity) then I would sense something different and something planned.

[ July 13, 2005, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Conspiracy theory LOL

Conclusion: you lost the series. He is better. You won a game - that makes you respected by alot of forum readers, be it that you won by luck/skill/whatever - I told you, a win against Yoda is a win no matter how lucky you got, because for sure you needed skill to make use of the luck. Everybody will agree including Yoda.

Clear? Now, if you really wanna split every phrase in this thread, and tell me bed time stories using the words you extract, be my guest, write something and I will read them tommorrow when I get to work - Zapp Cultural Contest or something ...

BTW why did u edit your post? To replace 'opportunity' with 'oppoertunity'? :D

@Terif - we have an old game ongoing I guess - r u available this w/e to continue?