I lost my CD!

I moved awhile ago, and out of ALL my games I had to lose CM. I cannot find it ANYWHERE. I still have the manual, so I torture myself by reading it. smile.gif

I remember seeing it during the move(Since I originally dropped off the box of games at my dads place). I knew it was there, but from that point on...POOF. I know I'm ranting and this is useless to every single human being on earth, besides myself...but just let me air this situation out with words. smile.gif

I am determined...I WILL locate CM...ugh.

------------------

College Football approaches...

www.getfanatical.com

Guest birdgunner

Have you checked your Dad's PC!!!! wink.gif

------------------

So many Battles and so little Time... Sleep!!! Who needs Sleep!

Everyone knows that once the CM cd goes into the cd tray

you may as well superglue it shut

------------------

"The Trouble with Normal is it only gets Worse"

[This message has been edited by jeffsmith (edited 03-10-2001).]

You know, after that guy posted awhile back that his CD was ruined by a malfunctioning CD player I immediately made a copy of my CM CD. I guess this is one more reason to do that. If I lose one, I still have the other. Maybe I should make a copy to keep in a safety deposit box? wink.gif

------------------

Craiger

All your victory flag are belong to me

The virtual drive idea is a great one if you have the room to spare on your HD. Unfortunately I don't, so making a copy of the CD was the best choice for me. Since I have a CDRW drive and a DVD drive even if I lose one drive I can use the other. And if I lose the whole computer system I have a backup one of those too, although I wouldn't be able to run all my nice hi-res mods on that slow bastard (wife's computer). biggrin.gif

------------------

Craiger

All your victory flag are belong to me

Originally posted by Subvet:

The virtual drive idea is a great one if you have the room to spare on your HD. Unfortunately I don't, so making a copy of the CD was the best choice for me.

You're in for a nasty surprise if you ever try to use that copy. At least I was. When I first got my CD back in June the first thing I did was to make a copy so that I could play off the copy and keep the original safe from my youngun's. Well, the game looks for the CD in the drive before you can play it and for some reason, whatever info it was looking for was not copied to the backup CD since it kept telling me to put the CD in the drive. But it is says I. No it isn't says the game. Arrrghh. So now I guard the original as if it were the holy grail or something smile.gif

Hey Blitzbreker,

I got mine at zdnet, in the downloads section. Type in CD ROM in the search and it will give you a huge list to choose from. Finding a good one is a different story, though, since they are usually just demo's or shareware, meaning they have a time limit (one month). I never did find a free one, so I just uninstall and re-download once a month. It works. It is also a little faster since the drive doesn't have to spin up, and its quieter.

Juardis~

I too have a CDRW and a copy (personal) of CM, which works. Prolly the software that came with your CDRW is crap. I downloaded a program called CloneCD (do a search) which can copy ANY software to perfection.

I am taking no chances with my treasured game of CM!

Guest Mikey D

I have a time-honored method for locating the CD. Buy another copy of CM! The missing CD will pop up within the week. (This method also works for glasses and keys.)

Guest barrold713

That is a great suggestion Mike. Another benefit is that once the original CD shows up, he can use it as a gift to turn on a new person to CM.

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

Isnt there a "no cd crack" for this game?

I always get those for all my games.Its great for keeping cd's at there best.Burning works to but i dont have one.

I should bet a burner for all the mp3s in my hard drive. O well,cya later.

If you have a Mac*, you can use Disk Copy to image the CD onto your hard drive. The computer will treat the CD as being loaded, and you've got a backup. Anyone want instructions on how to do this?

*Disclaimer- Although I used the word "Mac," I am not trying to start a flame war. I do not believe that Macs are any better than PCs or vice versa.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

Guest Andrew Hedges

I've been playing with my backup CD for months (the original is kept in a safe place) and have never had any problems with the game recognizing it.

However, having a clone of the CD on my HD is even a better idea.