NEW OPERATION AVAILABLE: THIS IS IT

I have completed a New Operation for the CM Community. It is smaller and more "playable" than past operations, but nevertheless should be quite challenging, especially if you like infantry battles. Its historical (of course). I will gladly email anyone a copy. However, I would appreciate it if someone can host it. Here's the briefing:

THIS IS IT

January 16-17, 1945

OPERATION ADVANCE -- Four Battles, 25 turns each

Night falls on the second battle.

Ground Condition: Light Snow

Weather: Bad

The Ardennes Offensive has passed its peak and the opposing armies have locked themselves in an icy grip along the freezing Bulge salient. The Americans are seeking to recapture lost ground, while the Germans seek to retain the gains for which they have fought and recapture the momentum of their offensive.

In this Operation, elements of the 2nd Infantry Division seek to open the Ondenval-Iveldingen Pass to enable the advance of the 7th Armored Division to St. Vith. In their way stand heavily armed and well-equiped German infantry.

All historical figures are marked with an asterisk (*). One historical figure, Charles B. MacDonald, commanded Item Company. He writes that before the battle "my inexperience [at attacking] made me afraid. The old phrase 'This is it,' ran through my mind again and again."

This battle is best played, and meant to be played, as the American player, with fog of war turned on. There is no German briefing. Also, set the German player to default set-up (the first time you play).

Historical Sources:

MacDonald, Charles B. Company Commander

MacDonald, Charles B. A Time For Trumpets: The Untold Story of the Battle of the Bulge

Pallud, Jean Paul. The Battle of the Bulge, Then and Now.

[plus other citations omitted]

ENJOY YOU CRAZY GROGNARDS!

------------------

Plants and animals die to support your fat ass.

Gotta be some problems with Angelfire, I don't know why they config it like that.

I will setup a proper link in my web page later.

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Get the CMSOD at Combat Missing Command Post (CMCP) at http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/

Guest wwb_99

Franko, you definitely deserve mention with Wild Bill and the raiders. Please mail me the op at:

mailto:wwb_99@yahoo.com

Dear Griffin:

Still can't get to the file despite following your latest instructions. When I clicked on the zip file, I saw this response:

"Angelfire does not allow direct linking

from offsite, non-Angelfire pages,

to files hosted on Angelfire.

"This practice of 'remote linking' reduces

our ability to serve out the homepages

of our members quickly and efficiently."

Any ideas on how to access the file?

Thanks!

People, the operation is added to the "Files" section of my site. It should work fine. Sorry if anybody who faced problems with my old link.

Regards.

------------------

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Get the CMSOD at Combat Missing Command Post (CMCP) at http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/

Griffin:

"Countercharge" downloaded OK. But still getting the same message that blocked me when I tried to download "This Is It." I'm on Internet Explorer. I will try later today using Netscape. Maybe it's a browser problem.

Thanks for posting these.

Scoop, hum, I think the scenario/operation are built by Franko and I just mirror them. I don't know but normally, you will find it in Manx site too.

Griffin.

------------------

"Can't get enough Tank?"