Best mimic of high walls?

Searching all forums for "wall" in the title didn't turn up anything helpful, so...

I'm currently working on a battle set in Buron and have come up against the problem of representing a stone wall that is too high/thick for an AFV to see or drive over/through. It would also be nice to keep infantry from looking through it. Things I've tried in CMAK:

1. regular stone wall with an elevation difference steep enough to generate a "slope"...it works but looks buttock-ugly...and infantry can climb to the top of slopes. It also distorts the adjacent terrain too much.

2. High Hedge. Blocks the AFV from moving but not from seeing (it can poke its nose through and see quite some distance). Doesn't block infantry movement or LOS, either. At least it doesn't distort the terrain elevations.

3. High Hedge with roadblocks running parallel. Keeps the AFVs from nosing into the hedge...but still doesn't block LOS enough.

4. The one I'm going to try next is this: a double row of High Hedge sandwiching a strip of roadblocks. This should make it impervious to LOS for both AFV & infantry and also be enough of an impediment to infantry movement. Down side is it also looks bizarre and takes up a lot of space.

Suggestions?

Sounds like a good addition to the new CM engine they are working on. Is there a forum were one can post suggestions for the next engine? I have a few myself.

Motorcylce troops

Horses/cavalry

More VP variables (victory can be viewed differently by objectives.)

Disabled or Imobilized Vehicles at start

re-crewing abandoned vehicles/guns

Better looking streams and rivers

Better looking marsh

Hyperlinks in battle summary (http, mailto, etc.)

T-28 and T-35 tanks!!!

SdKfz 232

Ability for crew to un-disable and re-mobilize vehicles (maybe just for scenarios - I have a few that would require this type of feature.)

Multi-Player network play. 4x4 would be amazing.

Anyway, those are my ideas.

Originally posted by Hans:

try the viaduct tile (the dry land bridge) put end to end it may serve -

No, I think you drive right under those ...and infantry might be able to scale them, too.

Anyway, this morning before work I settled on my choice. Didn't have time for a screenie, so I'll try to do it tonight.

I used the High Hedge "T"s to create a double hedgerow with perpendicular hedge baffles.

Any variant on a High Hedge "box" should do, with roadblacks/wire being added to taste.