Squad Leader PC game

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Abbott:

Has anyone tried it yet/ Any honest reviews I could be steered to on the web?

Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't tried it, but IIRC PC Gamer did a review on it a few months back and rated it only slightly more impressive than a pile of steaming cow dung. AI and pathfinding stunk, as well as other glitches.

MrSpkr

Please don't bother.... My girlfriend brought me it for Christmas and it is Pants!!

A real waste of time....!! Your better off getting Soldiers at War..which is about 5 yrs old and much better, It is unplayable.

I really don't know why it is called Squad Leader... ??? Just walk away quick...

If you are looking for a review of it try computer games Online www.cd-mag.com :(

That game is a good example of corporate game development mindlessness. It was a botched rewrite of an obsolete engine and I have no idea what the hell they were thinking when they came out with it. Avoid it unless you have money to burn and time to waste. It didn't last on my HD long and so I have a nearly new copy for sale...hint, hint :rolleyes:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gunnergoz:

That game is a good example of corporate game development mindlessness. It was a botched rewrite of an obsolete engine and I have no idea what the hell they were thinking when they came out with it. Avoid it unless you have money to burn and time to waste. It didn't last on my HD long and so I have a nearly new copy for sale...hint, hint :rolleyes:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, you sold me, not on buying the game though smile.gif

Thank you guys for the replies.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gunnergoz:

That game is a good example of corporate game development mindlessness. It was a botched rewrite of an obsolete engine and I have no idea what the hell they were thinking when they came out with it. Avoid it unless you have money to burn and time to waste. It didn't last on my HD long and so I have a nearly new copy for sale...hint, hint :rolleyes:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still have a copy too - played it once and once only. We should start up a monument committee or something. Perhaps we can send them to some guy who lives near Hasbro Headquarters or whoever is responsible, and they can stage a suitable demonstration with our copies?

I remember taking a quick look at the pictures on the box a while back and it looked to me like all they had done was to replace the graphics from the mildly mediocre Warhammer 40k series. (Except the very first one which was a pretty good hot seater)

Of course I promptly threw it away in disgust and proceeded to wash my pretty hands.

Mr.Winterbottom