BTS, suggestion for padlocking: CMBB, etc.

Already done, well sorta see below.

But I just checked with my copy of CM v1.12 and you can't give those orders anyway to padlocked units. All you get is Rotate, Hide, Split and LOS during setup. Are you maybe thinking about units that are in the wrong setup areas instead of padlocked units?

Madmatt

[ 09-09-2001: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Madmatt,

Talk about service! The units in question are in my scenario vs. Tom in Section II. Please ask Treeburst155 for details. When I click on the gray based units, the order menu pops up, with move and place commands clearly visible. All goes well until you try to displace the unit, then comes the tone and the frustration.

Anything you can do to avoid future aggravation would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

John Kettler

Maybe I used the wrong technical term, but I just got through checking the manual (pp. 119-120). It says:

There is also a neutral setup zone (gray). Units CAN be placed in the neutral setup zone, and consequently cannot be repositioned during the setup turn in a battle (exception Target Reference Points).

It is precisely such units in the scenario which I described as being "padlocked."

Regards,

John Kettler

[ 09-10-2001: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

The manual is wrong on this one. Padlocked units have an orange base and cannot be moved during setup. So far the manual is right.

Units with gray bases on the other hand are placed outside of a player's setup zone without being padlocked and can be moved to any of the player's setup zones during setup. However, once you've moved them, you can't get them back to their initial position outside of the setup zones. That's how it really works, despite of what the manual says.

Dschugaschwili

Any chance of removing the rotate command for locked units? Or being able to 'Super-padlock' a unit in the editor so a player can't rotate or hide the unit during setup? It's really odd when bunkers/pillboxes can be 'rotated' even when they're locked in place. And the only way to prevent the computer from rotating a unit during setup is to place it outside of a friendly setup zone.

- Chris