Is there any way to turn off the game music at startup?

Guest Rob/1

Originally posted by Tiger:

besides turning off your speakers then turning them back on. Having to listen to this obnoxious tune even while picking troops has become excruciating.

thanks,

John

I have several new tunes if anyone wants them.

I did my usual "hit every common key to try to speed things up" trick, and found that pressing Space stops the music, at least on my PC.

This isn't as drastic as removing the .wav, and you have to do it every time you start, but one less finger is required than for shift-S biggrin.gif

I found that removing the WAV didn't help, as the game then goes to the CD and finds it there. Better to change the WAV to something else. I changed it to the "click" sound. I did the same thing with the explosion WAV you hear when you exit the game. Much less annoying.

Is there anyway to get the thing to stop searching for the CD? Most applications have some .cfg or .ini file that you can alter to stop the CD from running constantly. Can you do that with CM?

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Is there anyway to get the thing to stop searching for the CD? Most applications have some .cfg or .ini file that you can alter to stop the CD from running constantly. Can you do that with CM?

Try doing a Complete Install. The CD should only spin at the very beginning when the drive checks for the CD for authenticity.

Originally posted by Tiger:

besides turning off your speakers then turning them back on. Having to listen to this obnoxious tune even while picking troops has become excruciating.

thanks,

John

The tune plays while picking troops??? What tune are you talking about? The drum roll?

------------------

For your dream car click here.

For a Close Encounter click here.

Hey look! I can see my house!

And for all you Hamster Lovers out there, check this out! Kitty, this one's for you!

Originally posted by FriendlyFire:

I did my usual "hit every common key to try to speed things up" trick, and found that pressing Space stops the music, at least on my PC. biggrin.gif

Well I never..., it works!

Thanks for the tip.

Guest SS Peiper

Originally posted by Rob/1:

I have several new tunes if anyone wants them.

What tunes do you have?

SS Peiper

Thanks Maximus. I guess I didn't explain it well, that is what I meant. It only runs at startup, when it is searching for that initial tune and the video. In many games, not all, there is a way to disable that so it won't do that. I always just hit the space bar and it goes onto the game, but never the less it has already spun up the CD. I was hoping there was a way to disable that entire search routine.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 03-16-2001).]