SL/COI Board Three

This battle grew from many enjoyable memories of battles fought over board three of SL/COI. While the map abstracted heavily during its design there are a couple features that will be recognized. I have found I enjoy playing verse the AI on custom maps. Due to the limitations of the Quick battle feature I am left playing on maps of my own design while knowing the enemy TO&E.

This particular battle played out so fun though (as the Allied attacker) that I thought I would offer it to anyone interested here on the forum. Drop me an e-mail if you are interested sos@kscable.com and I will be happy to send it along. It’s title is “Hasty Defense/Hasty attack”.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GriffinCheng+:

My honor and privilege. Thanks. BTW, sorry for another ignorant question, do you need SL to play COI? And could the COI rules be used in SL and COD?Griffin.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Griffin-

Yes, you need SL and COI to play COD. THe series built one upon the other SL - COI - COD - GI:AOV.

Abbott- Board three was one of my favorites. I think my favorite SL scenario, bar none, was scenario 5 - the take off of the Destruction of Army Group Center. I would love to have the map.

MrSpkr

SL - COI - COD - GIAOV

I have them all. I only have the counters punched for SL and have never played past scenario 5 on SL. But I don't think it was a waste of money. I loved the game, just no one to play against and now no time. I spent days and days pouring over all the counters and reading and re-reading the manuals. Laying out the maps and just imagining.........

Well, imagining what it would be like to play on a computer, and Combat Mission is it as far as I am concerned. I am really excited to play CM2. Even if it was the EXACT engine and programming they are using right now I would buy it and love it.

well, enough rambling... time to go home.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GriffinCheng+:

Just tried Allied against AI, this scenario is evil and both are closely matched.

Thx for a enjoying and frustrating scenario!

Griffin.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad you tried it! I knew the enemy TO&E and still only won a tactical victory from the Allied side! It actually points out at about 2,000 Axis defender and 2,800 Allied attacker. However with the lay of the land and starting positions it is not your normal attack/defense scenario. More like a combination attack/defense/meeting engagement.