Stick a fork in it--this Hetzer mod is done!

...well, almost smile.gif

As promised, here are the newest screenshots. A few pink spots to get rid of, and a few details to add. Hope to have the release version ready Saturday.

hetzer1.jpg

hetzer2.jpg

hetzer3.jpg

hetzer4.jpg

I will be releasing it in the ambush camo scheme only, for now. If anyone wants to take a crack at winterizing it or painting another camo scheme then let me know and we can arrange something... ;)

Great wheels, and great coloration, I especially love the "rotbrun". Good job on the subtle weathering too. I wish I could paint my models that well! You know what would be cools -- a thin "airbrushed" white line randomly painted through it. There are some cool chots on Achtung Panzer (I think) with that scheme.

Very nice! I'll be updating my MDMP version as soon as yours is posted. One thing, would the roadwheels be left plain dunkelgelb? I'd assume they'd paint them also to break up the silhouette of those round wheels from the side. FWIW,

Hanns

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Great wheels, and great coloration, I especially love the "rotbrun". Good job on the subtle weathering too. I wish I could paint my models that well! You know what would be cools -- a thin "airbrushed" white line randomly painted through it. There are some cool chots on Achtung Panzer (I think) with that scheme.<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, I saw it too. I think I might make a version like that, as it will only involve minor retouching.

I will also think about painting the roadwheels different colors, or at least offering that option.

If I may suggest (beg in other words smile.gif ) the road wheels not be solid colors but camouflaged in a paint scheme the same as the rest of the vehicle. I have never liked the look of solid color roadwheels. Thanks for listening to the opinions of us no-art talent whiners smile.gif

Hanns

AndrewTF,

That is one mighty impressive mod! I too am a bit of a sucker for the old ambush camo.

I think it would be fantastic if we could have the option with regards the wheels however, as I fear I am at odds with some others here already. I prefer the solid colouring - after all, the textures on the wheels don't turn!

Man, you know this is a good game when that's the only complaint one can come up with...

Geez you guys! In a judgement worthy of Solomon himself I have decided that I will indeed do BOTH camo and solid-color roadwheels.

Now, should the roadwheels each be a different camo color (red, green, yellow) or have a camo pattern on them?

Something tells me I shouldn't have asked ;)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hanns:

If I may suggest (beg in other words smile.gif ) the road wheels not be solid colors but camouflaged in a paint scheme the same as the rest of the vehicle. I have never liked the look of solid color roadwheels. Thanks for listening to the opinions of us no-art talent whiners smile.gif

Hanns<hr></blockquote>

My opinion, don't change the wheels, they look great. Perfectly round (as they should be), nicely detailed and most of all, they aren't comoed.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Shatter:

Actually I like the road wheels all the same color, not camoed differnetly.

So when is this Hetzer gonna be ready to DL?<hr></blockquote>

The Hetzer will be ready to DL shortly after the Jeep is finished. I know I said Saturday, but I didn't specify which Saturday! :D

Seriously, I just needed a break from the Hetzer for a while so I'll use that time to finish the Jeep. Shortly after that, or maybe even simultaneously, I'll release the Hetzer.

Am I the only one seeing severely crazy images? What I can see of the mod looks great, but all but one of the images seems corrupted.

This is happening in both IE and Mozilla (both on a Mac). The first image is fine until about half-way down, then it gets "lightened." The second image is fine. The third image is fine for about the first half, then it gets mangled and everything gets real washed out and tinted green. The fourth image is a total loss. It's almost completely dark and tinted very green.

The same thing (though to a lesser extent) was shows up with the jeep shots. I've cleared the cache, reloaded the images and viewed them in different browsers. So is it my software somewhere or are others seeing this too?

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: Cameroon ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cameroon:

Am I the only one seeing severely crazy images? What I can see of the mod looks great, but all but one of the images seems corrupted.

This is happening in both IE and Mozilla (both on a Mac). The first image is fine until about half-way down, then it gets "lightened." The second image is fine. The third image is fine for about the first half, then it gets mangled and everything gets real washed out and tinted green. The fourth image is a total loss. It's almost completely dark and tinted very green.

The same thing (though to a lesser extent) was shows up with the jeep shots. I've cleared the cache, reloaded the images and viewed them in different browsers. So is it my software somewhere or are others seeing this too?

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: Cameroon ]<hr></blockquote>

Same here, I guess I can quit slapping the side of my monitor... :D

Something goofy has happened to the JPEGs. :mad:

They were ok when I posted them, and for a few days after that, but they've been somehow corrupted.

I wonder if it has anything to with my server? I tried downloading the images from my ftp, but they still have the distortions. I'll try uploading new clean versions when I get home.

Mysterious! :confused: