Behold: The Jeep! Ready for Release!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Daimler needs it. Badly. Although there are a lot of Tiger I's out there, Kwazydog's MDMP Tiger is still a great choice. It is a little bright in the current slew of subdued textures though. Maybe it's time for a new kick-ass Tiger I? ;) [/QB]<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, I like Kwazydog's Tiger, too, but I'd like one that fit in better with the rest of the swell hi-res armor mods available now. But the Daimler does need a repaint pretty badly...

I was just checking the textures and realized that I was wrong earlier when I answered a question about the resolution on this mod.

Someone asked if I had done it in "Ultra Res" and I said no, it was normal hi-res, that is 2x the standard file size. Well, on re-examination I found that some of the textures, notably the BMPs for the wheel and the rear panel, were really hi-res. Yup, they're big, about 4x the standard size.

My apologies in advance to the low-tech crowd if this mod causes any slowdowns. So far they run normally on my machine. But it looks good, and isn't that what it's all about? ;)

I guess I could try the Monster Army Truck Madness scenario--that has lots of jeeps to see if I get any slowdowns. :D

I would not mind seeing a new Tiger, but I think all the German assault guns are badly in need of a work over. I have not been happy with these for quite some time. A new Chaffee would also be nice, I don't use them often but what about a Jagdtiger, or armored cars. I am pretty happy with the majority of the allied stuff, but a new Pershing would be nice. I could go on and on so you better just pick one.

I am really looking forward to that Hetzer, as it is one of my favorites. Keep up the good work.

Shatter

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: Shatter ]</p>

Daimler, most certainly. The current paintjob looks like the average Limey's idea of a nice interior decoration *shudder*.

Great work by the way Andrew, I have a number of your mods installed, and they really add a lot to the game for someone like me, who is using level 1 and 2 for playing. Keep going. Now that I have figured out how to release the needed space for the mods in the data file, I will install them all.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Shatter:

but what about a Jagdtiger

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: Shatter ]<hr></blockquote>

try my site and look at what gunslinger's jagdtiger looks like. you will be impressed. and shocked at the huge-a.. download it comes in.

http://www.russellmz.20m.com

(click the german armor link when you get there)

Just the kind of news I was REALLY expecting from one of the Real MODers.

Any Daimler you could do Andrew would be far more outstanding than what I've achieved so far.

As I told Marco, pride appart, I'd rather play with someone else's MODs than my own.

Humber aside of course since I seem to be the only Humber MODer around.

Guess it's a French perversion.

:D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PawBroon:

As I told Marco, pride appart, I'd rather play with someone else's MODs than my own.

Humber aside of course since I seem to be the only Humber MODer around.

Guess it's a French perversion.

:D <hr></blockquote>

Humbers need love, too! :D

I like your Humber. Totally forgot that you were working on a Daimler too. But that's ok, the more Mods the better... :cool:

[edited for stupidity]

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]</p>