I found a way to improve CM for Windows users!

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

That was scary! Get this ****ING **** out of here. ((Excessive cursing used to speed up the lockdown of this thread, and hopefully the deletion.))

You ain't ****tin' me either! I even got a sudden blood rush to the head. I thought I was going to go head huntin' for every little punk ass Canadian.

That was WAY wrong!

They didn't even have CM loaded!

I am impressed by the number of Mac users that are CM'ers though. AFAIK, there never has been a grog game for Mac (not that I have heard), so you wouldn't think that your typical Mac-head would even bother with a wargame.

Remember: Dell is a four-letter word

AND

Friends don't let friends buy Mac's

easy-v

[This message has been edited by easy-v (edited 03-10-2001).]

ROFL!!!

I sincerely apologize to any people who almost went into cardiac arrest-I was a bit worried when I tried it even though I was pretty sure it was a joke. But if I gave the surprise away then it wouldn't be any fun! It's all really harmless. I guess I should have realized that this forum caters to an older more prone to highblood pressure incidents then the other forums that I usually participate in.

Cheeers!

Ok I think you've all learned your lesson

Click here!

easy-v wrote:

AFAIK, there never has been a grog game for Mac (not that I have heard), so you wouldn't think that your typical Mac-head would even bother with a wargame.

Then you're not aware of BTS's previous exploits? Or V for Victory? And the first two Close Combats had Mac versions. If you want to define a "typical Mac-head", such people are generally more interested in strategy games than shoot-em-ups.

David

button.gif

------------------

where's the BAR? – ColonelSquirrel

Where's the Bar? This is the most important and critical question I've ever seen on a thread – Rex_Bellator

Guest Space Thing

Originally posted by Canuck:

Tired of the mac having all the advantages?

windows users click here

I find that the meanest people with computers are ones who own Macs. They never seem to stop insulting or making fun of people with other platforms. They never seem to miss a chance to try and put down other platforms.

I VERY rarely (if ever) hear or see people who use Windows try to insult or harass people with Macs. I've always wondered why until now. I hate to say it, but it looks like a classic case of an inferiority complex. I'm not kidding either. It is very strange to see because Apple puts forward the idea that Mac owners are superior than other computer owners. It is so hypocritical that it is sickening.

Originally posted by Space Thing:

I find that the meanest people with computers are ones who own Macs. They never seem to stop insulting or making fun of people with other platforms. They never seem to miss a chance to try and put down other platforms.

I VERY rarely (if ever) hear or see people who use Windows try to insult or harass people with Macs. I've always wondered why until now. I hate to say it, but it looks like a classic case of an inferiority complex. I'm not kidding either. It is very strange to see because Apple puts forward the idea that Mac owners are superior than other computer owners. It is so hypocritical that it is sickening.

Id have to agree, sadly. Besides, what "advantages" are we speaking of here? Less games? Less programs that work for your system? Being without CM-mods until some guy made it work for the Mac a few months back?

rolleyes.gif

Nope, you REALLY must be kidding, or else you are coming form a parallel universe!

Of all the Windows/Microsoft absurdities I have ever heard this is HUMONGOUS

Boy you got that right. It's almost like they're upset that they bought an expensive piece of crap and they try to demean PC users for their mistakes.

Let's take a look at the CONS of Macs:

1) Relatively low VRAM. (CM ramification: Stuck with using low-res textures. The original textures were even more low-res than they ended up being and BTS bumped up the resolution for the Gold version)

2) Hardware is strictly monopolated. ie, Mac users must ALWAYS buy Apple Hardware. Hence the high price tag. No competition. No to mention integrated video/audio and all that stuff.

3) Very little choice in software titles. Go to a game store and browse the titles--how many Mac versions are there? Slim to none.

4) Mac users claim that their 400-500 MHz machines run faster than a 700-800 MHz PC, well not really. Lets load up some hi-res textures and we'll just see how fast they run.

Space Thing, you hit it right on the head. I do believe that it is a Inferiority Complex.

But my favorite saying is "What's a Mac again?"

------------------

For your dream car click here.

Guest KwazyDog

Okay guys, Im locking this one up.

And please, in the future watch the language a little, we want this forum to be suitable for all ages.

Dan