Important message from John Kettler

Important message for John Kettler's tournament foes: Invitational and Rumblings

Troops,

My ISP picked a bad time for an unnotified to me major server upgrade, a process which has apparently gone badly awry. It was supposed to have been complete by 5 a.m. PDT Sunday morning and kept stretching out from there. It's now 5:40 p.m. PDT Monday, and I still have no service. Am also awaiting the issuance of new local dial-up numbers. My old ones were canceled, and the phone company hasn't yet supplied the new ones.

The net effect of this has been to gut my gaming weekend and stop me from doing lots of other important tasks on the Net as well. I'm sorry for the delay and inconvenience. I've been told to check again at 7 p.m. PDT. Maybe by then I'll be able to get back online. Wish me luck!

Sincerely,

John Kettler

Progress! Got back online shortly after midnight. The kicker is that it could've been many hours sooner. Had the tech I spoke to earlier given me the new local number and the instruction to add "@relaypoint.net" to my user name in a setting box, much grief could've been avoided. It wasn't, though, and tech support had a complete phone outage which lasted for many hours. Grr.

On the plus side, Ben's setup turn came through just fine, and turn one went out to get the battle rolling. Shandorf sent turn 25, and I watched the movie. Unfortunately, when I tried to E-mail him his turn I got this E-mail error message:

Cmd RCPT User not local and relaying not permitted from you...Please check message recipients and try again.

What does this mean in English, please? Why did Ben's turn go out fine and yet Shandorf's

didn't, even after several tries?

Perplexedly,

John Kettler

PS

Kingfish, thanks for posting on my behalf. Given time, I may even forgive you for being a hoodoo.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Kettler:

Shandorf sent turn 25, and I watched the movie. Unfortunately, when I tried to E-mail him his turn I got this E-mail error message:

Cmd RCPT User not local and relaying not permitted from you...Please check message recipients and try again.

What does this mean in English, please? Why did Ben's turn go out fine and yet Shandorf's didn't, even after several tries?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are out of communications with Shandorf and you are COMPLAINING about it?

Following further hair pulling and the signally dubious honor of being the first user

on my ISP to report a new type of cyberproblem, I am delighted to report that I am once again apparently operational.

Apparently, certain local dial-up numbers weren't working, but an alternate did. I suspect that the M class solar flare and geomagnetic storm today may've had something to do with the problems being reported.

Shandorf's turn has been sent out, and there were no new turns in my in box earlier today, so I believe I'm current, however briefly.

Regards,

John Kettler

PS

Mr.Spkr., your crack was so funny I almost fell off my chair, which would've been bad for me, for mine is a Balans office chair, a kneeling chair.

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Mr Spkr says, "You are out of communication with Shandorf and complaining about it?" LOL!!

Speaking of Shandorf, he beat up on John Kettler's troops 63-37. Congratulations, Shandorf!! Hang in there, John. More rockets is the key. LOL!

I've updated the standings.

EDIT: Oooops, this was supposed to go on the tourney thread.

Treeburst155 out.

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]