New Mod-Hi-res Fallschirmjäger uniforms

While you're waiting for Maguas sure-to-be groovy Normandy buildings, I've whipped up a hi-res FJ uniform mod to tide you all over smile.gif

The mod pack includes options for not one, not two, not three, but FOUR--count 'em--FOUR different helmet textures: plain Feldgrau, Feldgrau with cool chickenwire covering, oversprayed tan, and field-applied tri-color camo. I also included a set of tropical-issue pants for use in balmier climes :cool:

I'm sending them to Tom and Manx, so pick them up there in a little while. Until then, some screenies--

fj1a.jpg

fj2a.jpg

fj3.jpg

Why are the top and bottom halfs of the pants different from each other? Are they camo knickers with field colored leg warmers?

But besides that strangeness, they are excellent, and a very good rendition of camo. I also like the chickenwire!

[ 06-09-2001: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Why are the top and bottom halfs of the pants different from each other? Are they camo knickers with field colored leg warmers?

But besides that strangeness, they are excellent, and a very good rendition of camo. I also like the chickenwire!

[ 06-09-2001: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The camouflage blouse the FJ wore extended towards mid-thigh level. At that area I believe they strap/button up in the inside thigh portion of the legs, resulting in that unique look on the top portion of the FJ's CMBO's textures. Someone months ago did a low-res but historically correct FJ set, but since this is Hi-res, I'm going with this ASAP.

Thanks for explaining, Warmaker.

I guess the camo pattern on the leg may look a little strange, but if you look as a photo of a paratrooper jump smock, it is historically correct. Once you get used to the look you won't go back.

I have to give a nod of appreciation to Panzerjager (Paul Klussmann), who used this technique to simulate the long paratrooper jump smock in his lo-res mod, which I downloaded from CM Outpost and used as a model for my mod.

smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Hey, a grey-green smock WOULD be cool :D

I'll have to work on that one when I'm done with my current top-secret project(s). It should be pretty easy to cobble one together, especially since it doesn't have a camo pattern!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to be of service.. !!

There are lot of variations to the 1st pattern jump smock which would good to do.... Just an idea ! smile.gif

[ 06-10-2001: Message edited by: Rupert_2 ]

Yes, the uniforms are historic, in a generic kind of way smile.gif. They are wearing splinter pattern B (or pattern A, I honestly can't remember at this point) jump smocks and feldgrau or tropical issue FJ trousers. The helmet textures were gathered from a variety of sources, and are all reasonably historically accurate.

I thought that the stock CM FJ textures were a bit on the blue side. I always liked them but felt they looked a little funny, especially with all the great subdued mods out there. While surfing the net I ran across a photo of this late-war splinter B (A?) smock and decided to make a mod based on it. After a lot more research I eventually came up with this mod.