Der Kessel Update

Hey, Kesselleute:

When you say a scenario should be 2500 pts. or less for submission, are you talking total, or for the attacking side?

I've been fiddling with something semi-historical for a while now, but it's 3500 or so for the attacker. I could try to mod it down, though. I was interested in a certain effect and the whole thing would have to shrink just right...

Oh, yeah: site's cool, looking good.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

Hey, Kesselleute:

When you say a scenario should be 2500 pts. or less for submission, are you talking total, or for the attacking side?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

2,500 total, if I have my way. Whatever happened to the fight in hell?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Whatever happened to the fight in hell?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to see you out and about. The war in hell has been interesting, to say the least. However, my worthy adversary has been distracted and has lagged somewhat in the return department (you can translate this into cesspoolian well enough, so I'll spare the OuterBoard), and, incredibly, it lingers on.

I will have some comments for you when it is done, and thanks again for it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

When you say a scenario should be 2500 pts. or less for submission, are you talking total, or for the attacking side?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What we are trying to achieve with the limit is get more small scenarios into the 'system'. From my experience, smaller scenarios is the largest request smile.gif

The question is... is your scenario 3500 pts because of a high troop density, or because they are expensive? Do you consider the scenario small?

Thank you for your kind reply.

I consider it Medium, but I guess it is on the large side of Medium. I agree about the demand for smaller scenarios. This has a fairly high density of Ami infantry for a fairly modest map, but their numbers are proportionate to the task at hand, which includes a river crossing under fire. The German has an Assault-level number of defensive points, but a higher-than-normal count of Fortifications and the river going for him.

I forget the map dimensions at present but the map is longer and narrower than QB maps, to allow either defense-in-depth tactics or a more static approach. There is a rationale for all this in the briefings which may or may not hold water, but hey, the price is right.

I've been over it many times with the AI but no humans yet. For the Ami, there will be somewhat time-consuming squad plots for a while, unless he paints with broad strokes, in which case he will die-a-lot.

I can send it to you later and you are welcome to recommend changes, flush it, or whatever. You know how sensitive I am....