Is it stylish to…

I was wondering whats up with style in CMBO.. gameyness has been talked about or at least blathered to no end by those Croda followers.

BUT! is it stylish to say, you've wacked 3 Rifle squads in one large building.. and your opponent continues to send guys in there! so.. you set your 88mm level set and fire away at the building.. then stop to make him think your out of HE (naturaly say on a tcp/ip message.. "crap had to watch those HE rounds!.. plan B!".. so he runs in and you let loose with a flamethrower that was waiting in the other small house next to it.. naturaly waiting that he took the second floor..

SO now yo have a house full of dead guys and at least one or two squads screaming "HOT HOT HOT!" runnning down the stairs in terror..

++que the 88mm!!++

*boom*

…and then the house goes up like a bad movie explosion!

have you style in wacking those pesky rifle squads?

Perfectly healthy tactical thinking I'd say. could've made it up myself. wink.gif

------------------

If your enemy comes to speak bearing a sword, open your door to him and speak, but keep your own sword at hand.

If he comes to you empty-handed, greet him the same way.

But if he comes to you bearing gifts, stand on your walls and cast stones down on him.

Sounds ok to me, just don't do it while wearing a dress that looks like a dead swan. smile.gif

The only part that seems a bit gamey is actually telling (or strongly implying) your opponent that you are out of HE. In real life you couldn't do that, but if you stopped firing on a target the enemy might suppose that it is safe after a while. He would have to be a bit crazy to send his men into a building that may be ready to collapse, especially when there is an 88mm in the vicinity.

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Sounds ok to me, just don't do it while wearing a dress that looks like a dead swan.

You rule!

Mensch:

Why the Hell not? Maybe it's ahistorical, but field commanders didn't have the ability to hit ~ to allow them to chat with their opposite number either. I wonder what Mead would have said to Lee at Gettysburg?

~:Hey, General Lee. Sorry about that little incident on your right. But don't worry we spent all of our ammo killing those guys from Alabama. If you come back at us, we won't be able to shoot you anymore. Have to go to Plam B.

~:Thanks, General Mead. I appreciate your honesty. You are a true gentleman. I shall now crush your center, silly Federal! General Longstreet! Tell General Pickett I have a job for him to do.

3 turns later

~:Hey, Lee! I can't believe you bought that one!

~ :DOH!

------------------

Woot! - Maximus2k

Stick around while the clown who is sick does the trick of disaster.

You are quite correct, but sniper is an easier term to use than 'Semi-regular soldier hiding out and shooting enemies unawares.' - wwb_99

The New CessPool

I AM CRODA, ENEMY OF THE SCIENTIFIC PROCESS, EVOLUTIONARY PROCESS AND REPRODUCTIVE PROCESS. PETERNZ OWNS MY SIG FILE AND MY MEAGRE SOUL: ANY REASONABLE OFFER ACCEPTED

[This message has been edited by Croda (edited 03-26-2001).]

Guest Martin Cracauer

The only part that seems a bit gamey is actually telling (or strongly implying) your opponent that you are out of HE.

Are you joking? Perfect psychological warfare. "Liberty statue ist kaputt". We don't have loudspeaker halftracks, so the chat button must do.

Originally posted by Croda:

You rule!

Mensch:

Why the Hell not? Maybe it's ahistorical, but field commanders didn't have the ability to hit ~ to allow them to chat with their opposite number either. I wonder what Mead would have said to Lee at Gettysburg?

~:Hey, General Lee. Sorry about that little incident on your right. But don't worry we spent all of our ammo killing those guys from Alabama. If you come back at us, we won't be able to shoot you anymore. Have to go to Plam B.

Isn't that essentially what happened when during the artillery duel before Picket's charge, the Federal artillery stopped firing, and gave the impression that they had been put out of action or run out of ammo?

Hehe...I had a similar experience during a training experience while in the Guards (using MILES gear). In the middle of a firefight, several of us pretended to run out of ammunition, calling back "Christ, get us some more ammo up here!"

At that, several of the dug in OPFOR rushed forward - only to be instantly cut down.

Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

Hehe...I had a similar experience during a training experience while in the Guards (using MILES gear). In the middle of a firefight, several of us pretended to run out of ammunition, calling back "Christ, get us some more ammo up here!"

At that, several of the dug in OPFOR rushed forward - only to be instantly cut down.

VERY interesting !! smile.gif

in the Debreifing did the Sore losers Claim Gamey play?

Were you labeled as a "gamey cheater" ?

Were you insulted because you did not use historical or non-gamey "appropriate" tactics that your opfor would have expected or predicted?

Hell NO!

you pysched them out, (fed them deceptive intel, they bought it) and they advanced and you cut them down, same trick works equally well in CM and it is NOT gamey!

-tom w

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

VERY interesting !! smile.gif

in the Debreifing did the Sore losers Claim Gamey play?

Were you labeled as a "gamey cheater" ?

Were you insulted because you did not use historical or non-gamey "appropriate" tactics that your opfor would have expected or predicted?

Hell NO!

you pysched them out, (fed them deceptive intel, they bought it) and they advanced and you cut them down, same trick works equally well in CM and it is NOT gamey!

-tom w

Nope, they didn't cry gamey. In fact, I think everyone got a good chuckle out of our impromptu tactics. In a real battle, of course, you would have to assume that the enemy even understood you. wink.gif

Sounds ok to me, just don't do it while wearing a dress that looks like a dead swan. smile.gif

The only part that seems a bit gamey is actually telling (or strongly implying) your opponent that you are out of HE. In real life you couldn't do that, but if you stopped firing on a target the enemy might suppose that it is safe after a while. He would have to be a bit crazy to send his men into a building that may be ready to collapse, especially when there is an 88mm in the vicinity.

ok does that rule out my Kilt?

as for the gameyness of saying "ouch" that hurt or oh damn out of HE on a chat in tcp/ip.. I don't think so. If the sap wants to think his arty is doing damage as I type "oh! damn.. my HQ!.. oooh.. I think I saw helmets and boots fly on that last volley!"... then hes more thick as prune juice in winter at the north pole. muhahha.. belive me or not..

"wolf wolf!!"

Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

see seee.. style.. thats style.. you suckerd the enemy in thinking "oh ho.. the saps are out of ammo, att'em boys" *rattle of gun fire and things that go bang

"oh ho... the suckers thought we were out of ammo!" biggrin.gif