Playing QB and Everything Worked Perfectly - Possible Non-Bug??

I was playing a non-Meeting Engagement against the AI last night and noticed the following:

1) A PzIV motored up to a crestline and capped my Stuart at over 400m.

2) Just before the killing blow, the same Stuart got a direct hit on the PzIV, but only managed to immobilize it.

3) My 155mm observer was clearly not being seen while in the Heavy Building and calling in his strike on the crestline. He took no fire.

4) The 155mm mission, upon landing, knocked out two vehicles: the first was a Halftrack that had been on the crest but had backed off when I brought the Stuart up (clearly demonstrating non-stupid tank AI, by the way). I was never able to clearly ascertain the exact type of HT though, just that it was not-working. The second was the PzIV - a 155mm shell landed approximately .5m directly to the left of the Immoblized tank and killed it. I have never read about that exact occurance in a book so I am not sure if that is non-possible.

5) I continued my advance and the non-stupid AI continued to put up a non-bad fight, choosing to engage me at non-ridiculous ranges with non-inappropriate weaponry.

6) I should also note that even after I brought up the Stuart and then a Sherman, the AI observer continued its very non-innefective HE barrage on a platoon I had in some woods instead of trying to Smoke my tanks.

7) As my advance over the crest continued, my Sherman continued to fire HE at infantry targets instead of smoke, even infantry targets deep in Heavy Buildings. This was not-false whether I picked the target or the Sherman picked it.

To sum up, the battle went non-good for me, as I was only able to fight the non-stupid AI to a draw (not-win, not-lose). I had an extremely non-bad time.

-dale