Having Issue, please advise

I just started a pbem with someone -- a 5,000 point tank-fest, and the map that came with it is more giant than any operation I have seen before, I mean it is freaking HUGE. It is about ten full screens long and that is on view '8'.

I mean, I have never seen anything like it before. It is gigantic. What's the deal? Do maps scale according to the amount of points you pick?

This monster is so big I am not sure we can even play on it. It takes like five minutes to scroll across the battlefield from one end to the other on view '4'. Anyone know what has caused this?

I also had a tankfest on a really huge map.

What was interesting in my battle was my PBEM opponent winning one end of the map and I the other. It now became a "long" battle with long range tank duels instead of the usual "wide" map with shorter range tank duels.

Something I can look forward to with CM2.

Just hope QBs in CM2 will allow for setups on the longer ends of the map smile.gif

RW

You know, I guess I should feel like an idiot. I just checked the map size (using LOS) and it turns out that the map is 1.5 km by 4715 km.

Sorry about the freak-out, I just had never run into such a thing and when I first opened it, I was amazed.

Sorry about that Madmatt.

So, the maps are scaled relative to the points spent, or have I just never experienced one of these huge ones before?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

... it turns out that the map is 1.5 km by 4715 km.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Let's see, the long end running north-south...

4715 km (= 2930 miles) would cover a frontage from northern Scotland to Gibraltar, or something like that... ;)

I guess it was only 4.715 km.

Cheers

Olle

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Yeah send that to me as currently the largest generated maps are a tad under 5km x 3km and if you got one bigger somehow I want to see how.

Madmatt<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What happens is that when point sizes are increased in the Quick Battle editor, the width of the battlefield grows in leaps and bounds, while the length stays fairly sensible.

To get a nice square shaped battlefield you need to get someone else to generate the map for you.