Should I turn myself in or something?

I couldn't believe what my squad did last night. I had this surrendered HQ unit about 20 yards away from this squad of American's when this German machine gun team came up and my guys started shooting at ofcourse. Well anyway all of a sudden this HQ unit that had surrendered falls over dead. Somebody in the squad shoot him - dead. I couldn't believe it. I mean you don't go around shooting surrendered soldiers but this squad or at least one of them did. Has anyone ever seen anything this - what unusual. I never seen anything like this in the what year that I've been playing the game. Blew me away.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lcm1947:

I couldn't believe what my squad did last night. I had this surrendered HQ unit about 20 yards away from this squad of American's when this German machine gun team came up and my guys started shooting at ofcourse. Well anyway all of a sudden this HQ unit that had surrendered falls over dead. Somebody in the squad shoot him - dead. I couldn't believe it. I mean you don't go around shooting surrendered soldiers but this squad or at least one of them did. Has anyone ever seen anything this - what unusual. I never seen anything like this in the what year that I've been playing the game. Blew me away.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Happens all the time. Just because a unit has surrendered, doesn't mean that its off limits from fire. Whether it be small arms or artillery explosions.

Well fellas, when I am playing a TCP/IP against a few of my close friends they just love to run there mouths when they take a tank out or ambush me. I have been playing a lot longer than them and I usually crush them. On occassion they get lucky and run their mouths and just never stop, and I get frustrated by this if it goes on for a while with out any success on my part. When this occurs I have been known to area target near my friends surrendered troops and let them have it.

Ok I do it a lot. Hey all is fair in love and war.

Shatter

Another explanation could be: the HQ unit was that surrendered was JUST barely at the point of surrendering. When the German MG team came closer, the HQ unit decided to "un-surrender" and make a break for it. So close were they, and so quickly cut down by the US troops, that their status marker didn't change from CAPTURED to SOMETHING ELSE (SHAKEN?)

Have you replayed the movie and watched that HQ unit's status marker to see if there is a brief moment of non-captured-ness?

DjB

You think thats wierd? I had split a squad. Sent one half ahead to the next clump of forest. They came under machine gun attack. Someone screamed. I checked casualties. The split squad under fire did not have any. The split squad left behind had 2. Bizarre but true. I think its just a bug...the casualty was applied to the entire squad.

I had an enemy surrender and as they were raising their arms was shot by one of my squad and eliminated.

Heh. Might it also have been due to a grenade blast? You don't mention how close the MGers were, but if it was hand-to-hand range, grenades don't take prisoners.

At least prisoners don't seem to retain telepathic LOS for their side, as they did in a certain other game of similar theme I once played. And you weren't deliberately doing something bizarre like moving prisoners in strange patterns away from your troops in order to generate spurious Infantry? contacts.

Well some good idea's and I'm sure one of them applies but not sure which but I at least realize it probably wasn't just some of my guys killing a surrendered unit just for the hell of it but it sure surprised me. Thanks for the suggestions everybody.