Is it possible to buy troops on a pre made map?

I am wondering about the ability for both players to buy troops at the start of battle (aka quick battle) but with premade player maps. So far it seems like if I make a map it has to be a scenario and therefore the troops have to be bought and placed in the editor rather than in game.

Is this correct that you have to place them in the editir only on custom maps? Or am I missing something?

------------------

"Professionals are predictable. Its the amateurs that are dangerous."

Murphy Law of Combat #6

You are correct, although BTS have talked about adding user made maps to the QB facility.

Saying that various people, including myself, use the Scenario Editor instead of the QB. Obviously you must be able to trust your fellow players (unless you get a third party to do it for you).

This gives you the following adavantage.

User created maps.

Unrestricted force combination/points (Although it is best to agree this before hand!).

The ability to remove VL flags or have user defined ones.

Reinforcements!

etc, etc....

Well that's what I was afraid of. Its not a huge deal since the people I play with are long time table top wargaming pals so we're used to having a typed up army list before a game.

It would be a great addition to be able to play your own maps though in a quick battle format so as to keep the knowledge of each others armies unknown.

Maybe in due time I suppose.

------------------

"Professionals are predictable. Its the amateurs that are dangerous."

Murphy Law of Combat #6

HWH, there is a workaround. You can save an empty, user-created map. This map is saved and sent to a third party.

Then both players choose their equipment and sent their respective "shopping lists", in accordance with a maximum point score, to the third party.

Third party opens the empty map scenario, buys the equipment of the players and saves the scenario again.

It helps a bit, but you will always need an honorable opponent in CM PBEM since there are several ways to cheat that way.

If you have a third person who's interested in playing a 3 person blind round-robin on the same map, you can have each can play both axis and allies against each other.

Lets call our players Larry, Curly and Moe.

Create a map, set all parameters except units, save it as a scen and send it to everyone for perusal and unit selection. When people whine about the map, call them knuckleheads and tell them they can set the whole thing up next time.

Player Larry sends his Axis selection to Moe and Ally to Curly.

Player Moe sends his Axis selection to Curly and Ally to Larry.

Player Curly sends his Axis selection to Larry and Ally to Moe.

Player Larry populates the map with Curly Axis and Moe Ally, save it as tournament save, Axis 1st and sends the scen to Curly.

Player Moe populates the map with Larry Axis and Curly Ally, save it as tournament save, Axis 1st and sends the scen to Larry.

Player Curly populates the map with Moe Axis and Larry Ally, save it as tournament save, Axis 1st and sends the scen to Moe.

So if everybody does their job right, nobody knows the units against them, and each has an Axis setup and an Ally setup on the same map. I've done this twice now, it works great and gives you a good perspective of what the advantages are terrain-wise for both sides.

Whoop whoop whoop.

Fate

For the 20th time, I am volunteering to be the third party. Email me with the perameters you want. Some ideas are urban terrain, bocage, a river crossing, or whatever you want. Then, you and your opponent mail me your unit selections, and I will put them on the map, tournament save it, and send it to you.

I've offered to do this a bunch of times, but only two people have taken me up on it.

------------------

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, Classic threads, and more!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

Originally posted by M. Bates:

And I hear that they are now dead. God rest their souls.

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

------------------

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, Classic threads, and more!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.