was this ever used by the germans in WWII?

Edited to pull my head outa my ass wink.gif

I had it confused with the Minenraumpanzer Raumer, which looks quite similar from the front.

------------------

When it's my turn to march up to Glory,

I'm gonna have one HELL of a story...

[This message has been edited by Forever Babra (edited 01-30-2001).]

Originally posted by Juardis:

more important than what it is, why isn't it in CM1?!?! I demand to see a patch with this in CM1, and if not for that, then I demand we see it in CM2!!! How in God's name are the Germans expected to win without this in the game?!

biggrin.gif

Juardis -- no one will listen to you on this board, so you might as well go off to Usenet and post your bitches for Gunny Bunny and the other trogs (Fionn and a few excepted of course) in hopes it will bring you success getting panzerphosphatunwagun into the game.

And while you are these, pick 2-3 posters here at the BTS board, along with Steve and Charles, find a news group they do not hand out it, and post quippy little one line insults so we can get some more sig lines.

I'd believe that this was a real mineclearing prototype. The US had a very similar thing called the Mine Exploder T10 based on the Sherman. It was like a huge backwards tricycle: 2 huge wheels in front and another behind. The idea was, it would just roll over AT mines, absorbing the explosions by sheer mass. Like this German thing, unfortunately, the T10 also was only an unsuccessful prototype frown.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.

"What I'm wondering is how does it manage to stay upright on just one set of wheels? Seems to me that if you started it up and put it in gear, the torque would just simply rotate the cab backwards until it struck the ground."

I agree. In this picture it looks like if it ran into a building, wall, or mine it would fall over.

~Skott~

"I'd believe that this was a real mineclearing prototype. The US had a very similar thing called the Mine Exploder T10 based on the Sherman. It was like a huge backwards tricycle: 2 huge wheels in front and another behind. The idea was, it would just roll over AT mines, absorbing the explosions by sheer mass. Like this German thing, unfortunately, the T10 also was only an unsuccessful prototype"

Yeah, I seem to recall the Allies devised something remotely (very remotely) similar it this for clearing mines on the Normandy beaches. Old film showed them testing this contraption with two big wheels with rockets attached to the wheels to turn it in a forward direction. It was supposed to set of mines that it rolled over. If memory serves correctly it was one of those ideas that didnt work. I dont remember if they actually used it though. The tests didnt go well.

~Skott~

Skott Karlsson said:

Yeah, I seem to recall the Allies devised something remotely (very remotely) similar it this for clearing mines on the Normandy beaches. Old film showed them testing this contraption with two big wheels with rockets attached to the wheels to turn it in a forward direction.

I've seen that film, too, but that wasn't the T10. The T10 was front-wheel drive using the Sherman's normal power train. It had modified drive sprockets at the front that meshed into teeth on the inside rim of the front wheels.

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.

Originally posted by Bullethead:

I'd believe that this was a real mineclearing prototype. The US had a very similar thing called the Mine Exploder T10 based on the Sherman. It was like a huge backwards tricycle: 2 huge wheels in front and another behind. The idea was, it would just roll over AT mines, absorbing the explosions by sheer mass. Like this German thing, unfortunately, the T10 also was only an unsuccessful prototype

Would that look something like this:

tank.jpg

[This message has been edited by von Lucke (edited 01-31-2001).]

Ahw god! And you guys call yourself grognards? Does nobody else see that this was the first battlemech of the Grossdeutsche Wehrmacht?

It´s name was the Hamsterjäger II Ausf.B.

It was an awe inspiring battle machine that used the feared weapons of the Pzkpfw I and the tremendous armour of the SdKFZ series...

It entered the battlefield on may 9th, 1945. Unfortunetly the war was already over at this time.

------------------

Klotzen, nicht kleckern!

Originally posted by mensch:

right found a site with pics and neeto stuff (yes very un grog like but I am a pooler not a grog) any how this mine clearing tank? vehicle? was it ever used.. anyone have an idea?

kubin8.jpg

Isn't that what Hitler was operating at the end of Wolfenstein? biggrin.gif

------------------

"I had no shoes and I cried, then I met a man who had no socks." - Fred Mertz

If BTS ever gets tired of the CM line of games, maybe they'll turn to driving sims. I'd love to race that baby through the streets of Paris.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska