Nordic Wannabee Tournament

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now Tree, it wasn’t like I just lit up the building right off the bat. I waited to the last possible moment. I wasn't even sure the attack would come that way.

“Shh, what’s that Herr Oberst”

“Sounds like infantry in the town Hans with those little carriers the Brits like to use. Hold your fire for one more minute and then torch that building, maybe we’ll get lucky and catch some limeys in there.”

“I only have 6 bursts left Herr Oberst”

“Well Han’s, we can only hope the building catches fire fast, if not, it’s sure to discourage anyone from going up to the second floor and making our position untenable.”

“But Herr Oberst if we set fire to the building won’t they know where here?”

“If we don’t set fire to it they’ll know soon enough we’re here and in exactly what strength. If they want to find out how many we are, let them peak over that rise and we’ll be glad to accommodate them.”……

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by WARHAMMER:

Kanonier, I don't think you know how much trouble

you're getting yourself into!!!! :)

Section 3 - Let the trash talk'n begin!!

WARHAMMER<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, yeah, talk is cheap. I've always said that actions speak louder than words. The battlefield will determine whether you live up to yours.

How's that for a good start with the mindgames? tongue.gif

BTW, thanks Treeburst for including me in your tournament, I hope I don't let the side down in terms of competitiveness. One question I have however, will additional points be granted if players submit AAR's after the battle is completed? I'm not sure whether this is part of the deal with this particular tournament.

Regards

Jim R.

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Kanonier Reichmann ]</p>

I know you're all ready to go. I think Nabla needs the weekend to tweak his scenarios a bit more and then we can begin the war.

BTW, somebody asked about AARs. You will get extra tourney points for AARs. If you write a fairly detailed AAR (2-3 good pages) you will get 1/2 tourney point. If you right a brief AAR you will get a 1/4 tourney point. This means the most you could get would be 2.5 AAR points for the five scenarios. This should help you out if it turns out to be a tight race.

Treeburst155 out.

Does my AAR have to have any truth in it? I mean I assume I will be pounded without mercy, and I'm wondering if I write that I put up a good fight whether I'll still get the points for having written one?

Also, when are the AAR's due? If by some fluke of nature, the points are relevant to me can I wait until I know they are relevant and then write them?

I go to the Calvin & Hobbes school of homework completion. Our motto: "Do as little as possible, as late as possible, and whatever little we do have our Tiger do it for us."

Lopaka,

You think just like I do. The primary purpose of the AARs is to provide feedback to the scenario designers; so they should be truthful. All AARs are due by the same day all games must be completed (the tourney end date). You will not know how you are doing in the tourney since no game results will be revealed until the end. This means you will not be in a position to decide to write AARs because you "need" the points. :D

Treeburst155 out.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Originally posted by Cpl Carrot

Looks like you had better get that tiger to work. Maybe the Caped Crusader will help - or is he tormenting Roselyn? <hr></blockquote>

Actually this is beginning to look like a job for STUPENDOUS MAN! - cue Homeresque theme music.

...and no, not that Homer, doh!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lopaka:

Actually this is beginning to look like a job for STUPENDOUS MAN! - cue Homeresque theme music.

...and no, not that Homer, doh!<hr></blockquote>

Stupendous Man thats it!. Damn my forgetful brain. Perhaps Spaceman Spiff will fall out of orbit as well? (think I got that one right :D )

Just a gentle reminder to Foliagerupture that he promised to update the list of all players "soon" some time ago. I'm sure you have nothing better to do T.B. (he says in jest) but it would be good to get it relatively soon, if only to give us hope that the tournament will be starting in the not too distant future.

Regards

Jim R.

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Kanonier Reichmann ]</p>