Best way to replicate an anti-tank ditch?

I'm looking to recreate an anti-tank ditch for a scenario I'm working on.

I've tried using the terrain levels in the Editor. However I ended up creating something that although steep enough to stop tanks more resembled the Grand Canyon rather than an a/t ditch :rolleyes:

I have also tried using large shell holes but they only slow down attacking armour rather than stop it :(

Anyone come up with a soltution to this that creates an a/t ditch that is both effective, reasonably realistic looking and not to obtrusive visually? :confused:

Ah forgot to mention if you want a ditch that is "maybe" passable by a vehicle use a depression and put daisy chain mines it it - the vehicle then has a chance to pass thru or get immobilized.

If you want to have engineers "ramp" or "clear" the ditch use multiple daisy chains to slow down the engineers.

Hmm, I like your way of thinking Hans.

One could even make the ditch soft ground to differentiate it visually plus add the effect of increased bogging in the dug-up earth.

Hedgerows will stop vehicles, at least axis ones and allied before August 44, but they will also block LOS, and probably slow down infantry too much for my tastes.

WWB

Howdy WWB

The hedgerow is good if you need an impenetrable one at certain times, LOS is handled by putting it in a ditch!

By far the best way is (if you want it breachable) (but it takes a bit of time) is a terrain ditch with mines in it. Soft ground is a good liner too

I use daisy chain mines in this way in an upcoming scenario, Small Battles, Sigh Bridge set in May 1940.

It'll be out in a few days after I check it once again.

Originally posted by Hans:

Ah forgot to mention if you want a ditch that is "maybe" passable by a vehicle use a depression and put daisy chain mines it it - the vehicle then has a chance to pass thru or get immobilized.

If you want to have engineers "ramp" or "clear" the ditch use multiple daisy chains to slow down the engineers.

Hey I like that idea. Sounds cunning - so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel!

Thanks for that idea Hans, I'm away to try that out :D

ps I was trying with large craters set in soft ground - adding the mines will possibly make a visually appealing (realistic?) ditch plus with the bonus of slowing/stopping armour.

Originally posted by Hans:

Weasel? Sloat actually

Ye might be great at designing a/t ditches but I'm afraid yer small furry animal recognition is a bit wee bit off - Waesels have the tails (some long some short) stoats are the small sausage like things with - no tails :D