New Bug: CM does not properly model historical benefits of hi-res mods.

While there appears to be some merit in Lawyer's theory, there is one niggly little point that throws the whole works out the window. If density were the key to the game, then Lawyer would mark up a win within the first 4 turns of any given game, as nobody is more dense than a Lawyer.

This guy sets me up with a loser of a scenario where I have nothing but HTs and kubelwagons versus Pattons Third Army - and I'm still running him off of the battlefield [gratuitous *crow* for the Lawyer]. I will be victorious in this one, General Jake, despite your gamey zook rushes and distracting crews running about screaming like little girls at their first NSync concert.

I must say, however, that the Lawyer does have good taste in beer. ;) (gratuitous emoticon for Peng. He looked a little hungry, so I threw him a bastard).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

So can we have a feature in CM2 where the fine, upstanding forces of capitalism and their low-res Shermans face off against the evil, modded-up commies in their T-34's at the gates of Moscow?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's you all over, isnt' it David? Always on about the politics of Modding. When will you cease your ironical attacks on your betters and learn to keep your head down, spoon in your pasty, and thank the gods you're allowed your pint now and then?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

That's you all over, isnt' it David? Always on about the politics of Modding. When will you cease your ironical attacks on your betters and learn to keep your head down, spoon in your pasty, and thank the gods you're allowed your pint now and then?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

David wears pasties?

How dare you speak that way to my fine self, defender of the free world against Maximus and his evil fascist modding cronies? I could just up and leave you, and then where would you be, hmm? The whole world would grind to a halt through pixel density, and quite possibly plummet straight into the Sun. So just think twice before you brush someone off, as they may hold your very destiny in their hands.

Precisely.

For who can say which is the pixel that tips the balance?

Does not light have mass?

Does not the good lord watch over every pixel as he doth cause every sparrow to fall?

We must guard all that is true and good against these modders and their evil cronies.

Only those whose thinking is absolutely correct will survive.

• 5 months later...

How did I find this post? I'm just glad I did.

I was thinking about downloading a mod and giving in to godless paganism. Yes, a high res mod.

Can you imagine if I actually *played* someone who was exploiting against me?

Have they fixed that "monitor" exploit yet? Stealth mode is just a little much for a world war two game.

Galileo was sentenced to death for saying the earth revolves around the sun. But he was right, and so am I.

Anyone who understands particle theory will confirm that more particles means more stopping power when struck by projectiles. This the law of physics. Why is it not modeled properly in CM?

I love my high-res, high detail "woods" terrain as my infantry is now invulnerable while hiding there to everything but the most powerful tree-bursting grenades. The heavy density makes them move rather slow but what the heck, with all that added protection my defence missions never fail!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lawyer:

I believe this factual theory could be proven scientifically in a lab. Thus, to the extent David can knock out hi-res units on a Mac, he is being unfairly assisted by the mysterious "Mac Factor" secretly coded into CM by BTS. This cheat was undoubtedly put in by Steve who admits that he plays CM straight out of the box (the HORROR!!). I believe he also admits to playing on a Mac. (the ADDED HORROR!!

<hr></blockquote>

LOL can't you guess why? Macs are smarter, so they doing things faster. :rolleyes: Why do you think Steve uses them?