Hi, My name is jd and I am a ModSlut™

jd

Yes, that's right. Over 341 Mb's of mods reside in my CM folder. Any cheap thrill it seems, a new camo, a change in the flags, I've done it all. I am powerless to stop.

It started so innocently, back in those halcyon early days. CM had finally gone gold and MDMP-1 was released with THAT JagdPanther! I was hooked. MDMP-2 came out and all was lost. Then came Steve Galambos with all the winter mods. From then all, it is all a blur, Maximus, Fernando,Molinarolo Tiger, Desert Fox, Kitty, Sonario, Molek, Bergman, Magua, Panzertruppen Deanco, Ncrawler, oh so many and more....Tanks, vehicles, bridges, Marshes, clipboards, in command lights, buildings, sounds, explosions, Hamsters, KT's, Panthers, Shermans (oh the Shermans!) My lust was insatiable. I used them all until they became but a tawdry haze of memory. I felt so cheap, but I was driven.

My habit got so overwhelming and my winter mods became so massive that my Graphic 13 on my Mac crashed. Day after day I cruised the low and cheap parts of CM looking to score. I had to have my fix. When CM outpost disappeared for a couple of days I went into withdrawal and had to contact a local pusher to get an update I had been searching for. last night I could only moanas the heady rush suffused my cortex as I observed the Bergman winter Shermans in full glory. That's good ****e man, pure heaven.

I AM BEYOND HOPE, I WILL STOP ONLY WHEN THE PRY THE LAST MOD FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS. YOU HAD BETTER STOP ME BEFORE I MOD AGAIN.

To you gentle reader take to heart this cautionary tale and to you mod artists out there, you see before you the broken and pathetic creature of a person that your out put has broken. That's it flaunt your latest preview, shaysay your newest option, you know I will be there, debasing myself, needing it, craving it.

We as a community owe all of you such a tremendous debt of gratitude that your love of the game transcends any thought of gain. For me, I will continue to shoot up, you guys and gals are that good.....

jd

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram

[This message has been edited by jd (edited 02-27-2001).]

Originally posted by jd:

...back in those halcyon early days...

jd

So are we to presume with the "halcyon" days over that we are now in the "prozac" days?

What's next? Paxil? Lithium?

------------------

"I send you a kaffis of mustard seed, that you may taste and acknowledge the bitterness of my victory."

"Legal advice is very often divorced from reality in my humble opinion" - BTS

Originally posted by Priest:

352 megs for me. I need more. Give me the stuff man. Actually we all need MA (mods anonymous)

Brash ! You re ahead of me by a paltry 15 Mo !! What can you it be ? Winterized HAMSTERS ? biggrin.gif

Hi Res apple trees (ah the apple tree mod smile.gif !) ? Just 12 sets of splash screens ?? Unfair... perhaps 3 more HiRes grass sets (I've 4 only..)

I wonder, man, I wonder eek.gif

I've become such a ModSlut that I actually DLed the cow mod. God help me it's true!(sniff) I need help! I've overwritten the Tiger I mod so many times that I can't remember what the original looks like. Please stop me before I mod again. Anywho I'm off to DL the M18 winter mod....

------------------

Nicht Schiessen!!

Up to 484MB of Mods with no repeats. Yes I archived all the grasses (hires,lores, and gridded) and have the cow mod and the apple mod and the hamster mod and the...well all of them actually. The reason

Well I see myself as a reserve. You see if all the servers that hold combat mission mods go down I have them archived. May even have to put them on the web at that point (said as Oddball from kellys Heroes the above statement was meant to be funny). Anyways off to find more. Also I am not including in the total above is the fact that I downloaded for the most part yesterday the entire Combat-Missions.net website so I am the sickest of the sick. (it helps to be actually on the internet backbone when issues of bandwidth come up!!!)

------------------

Sir are you sure you want to go to red alert...it would mean changing the bulb

-Kryton of Red Dwarf

Psst...hey jd I got a new mod for you. Good stuff. And it's free this time...just this once.... wink.gif

Tiger

ok that's all the free "stuffs" I gots for now.... smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 02-28-2001).]

Sir? May I recommend I load myself into the reverse-thrust tubes

and you use my body as decoy-fodder? This will, of course leave

me splattered across deep space and unable to complete today's

laundry, for which I apologise in advance. -- Kryton

Princess Ponchella...Ace Remmer...There will be time for formal introductions later and hopefully sex! -Ace Remmer

------------------

-Kryton of Red Dwarf

[This message has been edited by Priest (edited 02-28-2001).]

Time take it for a spin.

You know pop the top and pick up the chicks.

You know a woman loves a good tank. (Apparently this goes double for Kitty...nice KT mod)

It is the Churchill...Chicks dig the Churchill.

------------------

-Kryton of Red Dwarf

After reading this thread (and DLing Tiger's Churchill!) I installed the game again and you know I can't even recognize it! I don't have a single origional bmp that I can find. And sounds, didn't recognize that either.

I admit I was suprised to see it was in color! Could have sworn it was in WW2 B+W! A mod sluts mind is like a bad neighborhood, you shouldn't hang out there by yourself!

------------------

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.