and Tiger Hobbies's online site:

http://www.jjfpub.mb.ca/

One could blow a lot of cash at this site smile.gif

Panzertaktik

German Small-Unit Armor Tactics

by Wolfgang Schneider

ISBN: 0-921991-52-5

Price: $85 (US) / $120 (CDN)

Hard cover, English text, 12” x 9” format, 450+ pages, 600+ photos, maps and diagrams.

Wolfgang Schneider has written the definitive account of German Army small-unit tactics in World War 2. Using period training manuals, after-action reports, countless interviews with Panzer veterans and his own experiences as a highly successful armor commander in the Bundeswehr, Schneider describes period Panzer tactics and couples this narrative with related maps and diagrams and hundreds of exciting photographs. Indeed, the photographs alone are worth the price of the book. Drawing on many previously unpublished sources, the photos illustrate all of the concepts presented in the text.

Concentrating at the battalion level and below, Schneider discusses the major types of small-unit operational art — the offense and the defense — as well as road marches, reconnaissance, command and control, working with other arms of service, life in a tank, armor training and gunnery and the future of armor. The text provides useful insight into armor tactics for both the layman and the armor professional.

This title plugs a gap in the available literature, since very little has been written on the topic for the general public by soldiers who are intimately familiar with the demands of armored warfare.

This is the third title written by Wolfgang Schneider for J.J. Fedorowicz Publishing. It joins the hugely successful titles, Tigers in Combat and Tigers in Combat 2, as an indispensable reference work on World War 2 armor.

That is a good book Tiger, I happen to order it from Amazon.com.

It shipped after I posted the thread about "life as a tanker". The book consists of charts on attacks and defense of panzer formation at battlion level and best, it has a chapter talking daily life of German tanker at WW2!

I recommend this book.

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Guest AbnAirCav

Originally posted by Tiger:

One could blow a lot of cash at this site smile.gif

I fully agree! smile.gif

This book is excellent, also covering all sorts of unusual stuff, including employment of medics and handling of wounded. The author, Wolfgang Schneider, also did an excellent job on his two Tigers in Combat volumes.

While I have yet to see a poor work from this publisher, my favorite would probably be Combat History of Schwere Panzerjäger-Abteilung 653, especially for anyone interested in the Elefant/Ferdinand. Next may be Otto Carius' excellent memoir Tigers in the Mud ...

Great books , they also have the Combat History of Schwere Panzerjager Abteilung 654 coming out during the summer...covers that units use of the Ferdinand/Elephant and the Jagdpanther smile.gif

BTW Tiger..have u received your Tamiya Tiger cd-rom yet ????

Regards

Måkjager

------------------

Once an Ubërcabbage

Always an Ubërcabbage

please define "successful armor commander in the Bundeswehr" ?

Hehehe, he wasn´t sacked and became "Hartzielkommandant" at Schießbahn 9 at Bergen battlerange. wink.gif

BTW: I agree, excellent book. Reading it somehow reminded me at my times at KTS 2 Munster. He is a very kind guy and knows his stuff. I ordered my book last year from him personally.

cheers

Helge

------------------

Sbelling chequed wyth MICROSOFT SPELLCHECKER - vorgs grate!

- The DesertFox -

Email: TheDesertFox@gmx.net

WWW: http://www.geocities.com/desertfox1891

"BTW Tiger..have u received your Tamiya Tiger cd-rom yet ????"

yup I sure have and I have an extra copy that I'm wondering what to do with. Maybe give it to a tournament as a prize or something. I like it alot, esp the markings and interior pictures.

-John

I'm glad that you like the cd Tiger biggrin.gif ..the way you can pan inside that beast's turret sure is neat...nearest we can get to actually being in the turret of a Tiger .

It would have been a nice idea ( if at all possible ) for the makers to have included the ability to look through the vision blocks...sure we could onlty wish smile.gif

Regards

Måkjager

------------------

Once an Ubërcabbage

Always an Ubërcabbage

MUWAHAHAHAHAH!!! It came today ! You're now doomed in our current tourney game mensch! HAHA!...wait....it's a big book...lots of words...ohhh pictures...wait...more big words...noooooo!! tongue.gif

Actually it is a really nice book. @500 or so pages, tons of photos, very good quality and content. Best such book I've seen so far.

-John

Originally posted by Tiger:

Ha! mensch, I've already won! We're just going through the motions to play it out biggrin.gif

Tiger

ho ho! quite the marmet you be huh? I made a deal with Steve.. I got a software from him to let me win automaticaly even if I am loosing.. no chance monkey boy =)

Kwazydog did the same to me, but he gave me Qbert.. the git.. so I went straight to the lad with the cash. Steve. Besides he said I make him laugh and hes planing sometink very special for me..I don't know if that was a good thing, he went on a laughing binge on the phone then hung up.. last thing I heard was "...wadda sap!".. I think that last comment was ment for Matt since well.. he said he likes me.. right? RIGHT???

Originally posted by Måkjager:

BTW Tiger..have u received your Tamiya Tiger cd-rom yet ????

Darn you to heck! Now I have to add another item to my ever expanding wish list!

Just my two cents regarding the Schneider books: "Panzertaktik" is by far the better of the two books. "Tigers" contains unit diaries which make for interesting reading, but don't give the flavor of being there and offer no information about the actual events. All too often they're one line entries such as "lost 2 Tigers". However, it's a great book for modelers as it describes the markings and camouflage patterns used by each unit in great detail.

"'taktiks", by comparison, has more information then one can possible comprehend in one reading.

Forget about the books!! Did you guys not see those action figures? Wow the 'Shreck guy was awesome and who can go without a nice looking nurse?

Elsa, the Red Cross Nurse. Elsa comes complete with the items pictured above: an authentic DRK uniform with stretcher and "wounded parts". We know how hard it is for your action figures on the front -- how about a little female companionship? Price: $80 USD / $120 CDN.

hahahahhaaha