screenshots from CM2?

hey BTS.. just to get us all excited and foaming at the mouth. you think it would be possible to plaster some screenshots of CM2?

if the game is to be released in a year (knock on wood - maces head) it would be such a easter egg for us CM'ers.

So, whatcha think? would it be possible?

or are you going to wait till a few months before the release?

Not meaning to get you so dissapointed as to contemplate suicide, but Im betting dollars to donuts that BTS really hasnt started on CM2 yet - probably the first few screenies would be seen in a few months, and ONLY if you people stop asking BTS for updates to the current game!

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Commissar:

Im betting dollars to donuts that BTS really hasnt started on CM2 yet - probably the first few screenies would be seen in a few months, and ONLY if you people stop asking BTS for updates to the current game!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well here is your donuts.. beta testing as far as I know is in progress.. heck even a neeto shot of a t-34 or maybe something like that would make me a happy puppy

AND JUST WHAT do you 'Poolers THINK you are doing OUT HERE!

Get, get, get BACK in the Schloss where you belong!

[and will someone please get this bleary bauhaus-thing off my leg!]

[edited to remove clarity]

------------------

"The Secret of the Empire was revealed: an emperor, it seemed, could be made outside of Rome"

[This message has been edited by Iskander (edited 01-12-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mensch:

well here is your donuts.. beta testing as far as I know is in progress.. heck even a neeto shot of a t-34 or maybe something like that would make me a happy puppy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beta testing is "in progress"?? Where on earth did you read that. Im sure Fionn would love to hear about it as he recently indicated that there's still nothing more than research going on.

Hm, CM2 is in closed beta?!? Then what do you make of this statement by Steve of BTS just a week or so ago?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hehe... thanks guys

Yes, work on CMBO is basically done. We will keep an eye out for any serious bugs (not just "gee, I think this should be tweaked"), which we will fix, but other than that we are starting on CM2 very shortly. We are first going to figure out what exactly we are going to put into the thing, THEN we will actually start the coding and artwork.

And yes... we have a list of about 10,000 ideas to sift through, so we have plenty of stuff to discuss already

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

Best regards,

Greg Leon Guerrero

Guest Madmatt

Okay, your on to us. We are actually far into the the Uber-Secret CM2 code. Here is a sneak peak at our new "T-34 Over-Running A Staff Member" code in action...

t-34.jpg

Umm, thats the Hi-Res texture of course...

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-12-2001).]

That's weird. It almost looks like Matt has some hair on his head. Probably just peach fuzz and the light angle combining to create an optical illusion.

------------------

You've never heard music until you've heard the bleating of a gut-shot cesspooler. -Mark IV

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vanir:

That's weird. It almost looks like Matt has some hair on his head. Probably just peach fuzz and the light angle combining to create an optical illusion.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reflection off the tank? Or maybe he Photoshopped it in.

Heck with pictures! I want more grainy MPEG movies, like they had with CMBO. Remember?

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 01-12-2001).]

Jezus H. Christ, Madmatt, don't do that! Just because we mock you due to your utter lack of hair doesn't mean you have to strangle yourself with a cord!

Think of how much you have to live for! You've got the CMHQ! Yeah, that still needs you! Sure, some might say an elderly snail can run it faster then you on occasions, but it wouldn't have your "magic touch"! BTS still needs you! For doing, uh, stuff...alot. Oh, and most of all WE need you! We need you to stop posting pics of yourself, you freak. You owe me $3,000 in psychyatric bills, buddy!

On second thought, let me help you tighten that cord up a bit.

wink.gif * This messege was intended for humour and humour only. Madmatt's a great guy and does a lot for the community. Cheers! * wink.gif

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

Guest Rommel22

I have a question:

Where does MaddMatt, Charles, Steve and Kwazydog live??? Just wondering, becuase i saw this guy in the store i work that looked a bit like Matt. So can anyone answer my question.

Thanx

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rommel22:

I have a question:

Where does MaddMatt, Charles, Steve and Kwazydog live??? Just wondering, becuase i saw this guy in the store i work that looked a bit like Matt. So can anyone answer my question.

Thanx<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Rommell, every cross dresser you see in a store is not automatically Matt. What I think you were seeing was that generic tank symbol sort of the the Tiger looking one in CM -- only this was a generic Matt symbol.

Guest Rommel22

Matt, Charles, Steve, Dan (kwazy) can you guys answer my question, thanx!

One more thing, I you (BTS) going to tell us what Natinalities are going to be included, I know it's been discussed, but never really answered. Thanx

Guest KwazyDog

Hehe, well Im in Australia actually Rommel, on the east coast smile.gif

Ill let the other guys chime in as to their where abouts as the see fit...I dont want to do tipping off the authorities to matts current location wink.gif

Dan

Guest KwazyDog

Oh, and Im sure we will be giving you more info about CM2 in the not too distant future guys, once we flesh out the details a little more. That should be happening very soon me thinks! smile.gif

Dan

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 01-13-2001).]

Guest Madmatt

I live in the Internet.

Madmatt

p.s. By the way, I am indeed being strangled by the tow cables from a genuine T-34 in that picture above. It was taken last year at the Pattom Museum which I will be returning to soon...Since it's so close to me...Being on the Internet that is... tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-13-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rommel22:

Matt, Charles, Steve, Dan (kwazy) can you guys answer my question, thanx!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IIRC Steve and Charles live in Maine, USA. From Steve's descriptions a very rural part.

------------------

You've never heard music until you've heard the bleating of a gut-shot cesspooler. -Mark IV

[This message has been edited by Vanir (edited 01-13-2001).]